5.0 out of 5 stars Great for money
What a great sat nav, it's easy to use, I have bought a bluetooth receiver so I can hear the instructions when I'm out on the motorbike. There is no manual but very easy to work out...for the price you can't go wrong. It was also delivered well before expected
Published 17 months ago by Erica938

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry
I bought this satnav about one month ago or just over I have only used it twice the third time I used it it doesn't work I'm not happy with this I only give this one star afraid if that ,still waiting to find out when to send it back
Published 10 months ago by darren carter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for money, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Rupse Waterproof Portable Universal Motorcycle 3.5" Touch Screen GPS SatNav Sat Nav Navigation Navigator With Multimedia Player Mp3 Video Bluetooth USB Solt SD Card Built In Speaker For Motor Bike Car (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Paul r, 18 Jun 2013
Very good, cant get it to bluetooth no instructions anyways. Not sorted multi media yet, not sure how to do that at the moment. Found a charger lead from an old garmin. Its now on the bike and working so far so good. Did have a garmin previous for my bike but that just packed up, this seems very able, apart from extras which i am not bothered with so far...

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Purchase, 21 Aug 2013
I was somewhat hesitant in purchasing this item as I am with any gadget. I am so glad though that I did. It doesn't come with an instruction booklet but that really wasn't necessary as it is relatively easy to use. I had contacted the company via email, prior to purchase to be sure that it was compatible with Ad2p headset, mine is the o-com system. They said yes and it is! Apart from using on my motorbike, I am also able to use it in the car as it also comes with a variety of extras. Since I have had it I have driven/ridden about 1000miles and the mapping, whether you chose to use the actual address or the postcode is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value for money, Excellent piece of kit, 6 Jun 2014
I've bought a ton of stuff on amazon and never once been bothered to write a review.
But... for this I had to.
I was looking at the Tomtom and Garmin motorcycle satnavs at around £300 because I am familiar with the brand but time and budget forced my hand into buying this cheap alternative (at around one third the price) honestly expecting it to be a little bit rubbish.

PROS:
It is excellent. It does everything I would have expected the tomtom/garmins to do, and it does it well: Comprehensive options, detailed trip computers, safety modes, night mode, speed and camera warning options, route planning etc, gps co-ords, different voices, different languages, you name it. I can't think of anything missing, and it was 1/3 the price.
One thing I was worried about was the countries included (I bought this to take to France) - not a problem, appears to have the whole world on it! (but I am not sure of this, Id say Europe at the very least.
Also, you can exit the GPS software and fill the thing with photos, films and music etc. connect by Bluetooth and it will quieten your tunes to read you the instructions. just brilliant. (not to mention shock and water resistant - I spent 11 hours riding over three days, in good and very bad weather - no worries.)
You can use it with gloves on fairly easily, and for fiddly jobs it comes with a little stylus that clicks into the docking mount. nice.
Also comes with a ton of wire; usb, in car charger, 12v adapter for wiring into the bike, bike handle bar mount (with charger dock built in), and a car windscreen sucker thing too. great.

CONS:
Maps could do with an update; the newish dual carriage way from cherbourg to brittany wasn't on it, and a few roundabouts were listed as crossroads for example, I believe the tech savvy could get this done for little to no cost after purchase (i assume)
Handle bar mount is restrictive on size. I'd say its only good for about 1 inch diameter (as a guess) - my handle bars are much thicker rendering it useless, so i had to mount it to my wingmirror arm, which was too thin so i have to use a segment or two of garden hose to fill the gap. not ideal.
Also doesn't come with instructions, but it's actually not difficult to use at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, 9 Mar 2014
The product is good and it seems reliable. I've had (and used) it for a month now without issues.
It's a WinCE device and it comes preloaded with navigation software (iGo8) and maps, although they were a tad old (2011 I think).
The software's scenic roads navigation mode in conjunction with the "avoid highways" option tends to also pick some nice biking routes, although you can still end up on a boring dual carriage way A road.
It also understands the KML format for imported routes which means you can plan your route easily on google maps and then simply copy the kml file onto the device.

With a bit of technical skills it's easy enough to upgrade maps to a more up-to-date version or even
load and use a different software - I have successfully installed and tried MapFactor Navigator Free,
with OSM data.

It has 4GB internal storage where the maps are loaded to, but it also has a microSD slot (up to 8GB cards supported), so you can have several storage cards loaded with different mapping/navigation systems and maps (on the device storage I left the SW and maps it was pre-loaded with, while I use more up-to-date software from SD card).

I've had mine mounted on my new bike by the dealer prior to delivery of the bike, so it's fully wired to the ignition switch (all necessary cables included in the box) - so I can't comment on how much battery would last.

Definitely worth the money (compared to ridiculous prices of TomTom and Garmin devices).

The only slight annoyance I found is that, if you want to use bluetooth, which works without problems, you need to go into settings (outside mapping software) and click "connect" every time you turn on the device - it won't auto-connect, even if a known - already paired bluetooth headset is in range. This really is more inconvenience rather than a major fault, so still happy to mark this device 4 stars (without this it would be straight 5).

I've been caught in a light to a short moderate rain couple of times and so far water seems to have caused no problem.

The device is easily attached to (firm) and detached from it's holder, so without it taking much time I usually take it off every time I leave the bike, even if it's just for couple of minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars tidy bit of kit well worth the money, 9 Aug 2013
Well very easy to use all you have to do is charge it up and then turn it on put in the english mode then turn it off four a few mins and then turn it on and it will find where you are its simple love it and never get lost on the bike

4.0 out of 5 stars satnav, 21 Jun 2013
A very easy to use satnav. Has no instructions with it but easy to work out. great value for money

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, 7 Dec 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value motorcycle specific SatNav., 29 Oct 2014
Delivered within the stated timescales and initial impressions was of a robust unit, good mount and a bracket that can accommodate the handlebar diameter of modern adventure bikes. Please note that no car mounts are included in this latest version.

Installation proved a little time consuming as the included power supply cable had no connectors, ending in two bare wires. I ride a Triumph Tiger with a Hella socket so acquired a compatible plug. Also take care not to over-tighten the handlebar bracket....yes I was a little ham-fisted and managed to break it.

It's now on the bike and seems to work well with clear audio instructions and clear on-screen information. I purchased a BT headset and the Bluetooth connection worked fine (one of the issues with car SatNav's that may connect to a mobile but not a headset - learned the hard way on this year's tour). Destination input is City/Steet with no post-code option so a little more time-consuming and sometimes tricky to locate

A waterproof motorcycle specific SatNav for around £100, add in a BT headset and all set to go for under £140. That's got to be good value and worth a few compromises. Mapping seems to include all of Europe so I'm looking forward to next year's trip to Spain/France.

3.0 out of 5 stars should be ok now..., 5 May 2014
the sat nav did not turn on at first, it just went from 'starting ' to off. after no response to my enquiry about what to do next, I got nothing from anyone. sat nav works fine now for some reason. used the same model before so knew it was trustworthy, not 100% now without trying in this country first (as opposed to Europe). software itself is excellent. delivery was also perfect, packaging was in a box in a box in a box ! 3.5 times the original box, safe eh!