1,089 Reviews

2,332 of 2,402 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Best tablet for the price
I purchased this from the US before the UK version came out and I'm glad I opted for the larger 8.9 inch version than the smaller 7 inch Fire HD as there is a marked increase in resolution and screen real estate (this is better than full 1080 HD). I also have an iPad 4 and this review is based on a comparison of the two tablets as I believe they are the top two (Samsung...
Published on 13 Mar. 2013 by Sajad Jiyad

3.0 out of 5 stars Good points and bad. Depends on your priorities
I've now lived with my Kindle Fire HD for a year so I've decided that I can give it a fair review now.

I had previously used an ipad (through work) so I liked the idea of a tablet but wasn't willing to pay out huge money for an apple product and after a lot of back and forth I chose the Kindle Fire HD over the Google Nexus.

So, what's good and what's...
Published 15 months ago by adrianabanana

‹ Previous | 167 68 69109 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a shame about the amazon branding, 13 July 2013
This is a good quality tablet. Only thing missing is a rear facing camera really.

I don't get on with the way Amazon mangle android, but there are ways around that if you need them.

The lovely screen, lovefilm streaming and better than average sound don't makes up for these so four stars in my book.

Good price though...

...which is more than I can say for the standard case (which is a case not a stand unlike those sold by other high end tablet makers).

5.0 out of 5 stars my kindle, 13 July 2013
Still learning to use it but so far I am impressed! Lots more to explore yet! Reads just one book so far, that was fine but still like the feel of a real book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars kindle fire hd, 13 July 2013
once l had managed to register, for which l had to get someone to help me, if you don't fully understand computer language which a lot of us don't you are not sure what is required, all was fine. cannot read books in sunlight but no doubt there is something to help with that. otherwise it is so handy to check e mails without switching on the computer and they are there instantly, even better. book reading indoors is very easy and the screen is very restful.

5.0 out of 5 stars It did light my fire, 12 July 2013
Maurice Bird "Mozbird" (England) - See all my reviews
This product was bought to replace my old Kindle. This one is fantastic with great graphics. I would recommend it to everyone. With a quick delivery I was able to enjoy excellent reading in a very short time.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what I want., 11 July 2013
This is brilliant for what I want. I can read my books and watch films or TV from BBC iPlayer when I want. The HD screen is amazing, and the sound quality too. I am not into APPS and games but it has enough for my needs. I can access my emails and Facebook and search the web too. It might be useful to have a better camera, front facing and video if you're going to put one on, but I have my own camera for that that anyway. Excellent value money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 July 2013
Christopher Richards (Pembrokshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB - With Special Offers (Electronics)
Does everything it says on the box. But you are tied to Amazon apps, unless you want to invalidate your guarantee by going into the root to get google apps.?

5.0 out of 5 stars kindle fire hd, 8 July 2013
Light weight, easy to use. Could have had more instruction at the beginning but maybe I was just being impatient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent delivery and Item, 8 July 2013
Just what I was looking for does what it says and I can only say that other than being heavier than my original Kindle and trying to watch a film outside in the sun where the light levels make it difficult to see i am enjoying it very much.

4.0 out of 5 stars pleasantly surprised, 7 July 2013
Mr. N. Williams "Neilenator" (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
Fantastic tablet for the money, don't be put off by the "special offers", they really don't impede the experience and are easily ignored. Interface is slick and reasonably fast and it is generally a joy to use.
Would have been 5 stars if not for the long charging time (but battery life itself is excellent) and the fact it doesn't integrate with Google Play! If wasn't for this would say the Kindle Fire is the best tablet in class. As it is the Nexus still the best 7" and go for Samsung for anything larger.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kindle fire, 6 July 2013
Very good machine does more than I expected good selection of books and games not got to dealing with other things the kindle can do not had time tennis been on

‹ Previous | 167 68 69109 | Next ›