1,012 Reviews

2,327 of 2,397 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Best tablet for the price
I purchased this from the US before the UK version came out and I'm glad I opted for the larger 8.9 inch version than the smaller 7 inch Fire HD as there is a marked increase in resolution and screen real estate (this is better than full 1080 HD). I also have an iPad 4 and this review is based on a comparison of the two tablets as I believe they are the top two (Samsung...
Published 17 months ago by Sajad Jiyad

3.0 out of 5 stars Good points and bad. Depends on your priorities
I've now lived with my Kindle Fire HD for a year so I've decided that I can give it a fair review now.

I had previously used an ipad (through work) so I liked the idea of a tablet but wasn't willing to pay out huge money for an apple product and after a lot of back and forth I chose the Kindle Fire HD over the Google Nexus.

So, what's good and what's...
Published 8 months ago by adrianabanana

‹ Previous | 167 68 69102 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle fire, 5 July 2013
Reviewed my cover,which is also very good thinking I was reviewing my new kindle fire.As I said can't put this down its so good.

4.0 out of 5 stars kindle fire tablet, 3 July 2013
Excellent tablet though i was dissapointed that it had only one camera which makes it difficult to view photos as you take them. If it had a second camera i would give it 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab u lus !!!!!!!, 3 July 2013
JEANETTE "lucas107" (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB - With Special Offers (Electronics)
This is my fourth Kindle and I have to say I love love love it.!!
Of course it's a little heavier, it is a little bigger. Once you get used to the weight increase its fine.
The only reason I have not given it 5 stars is because I don't believe that the sound quality is as good as it is on the smaller K.F HD.
Everybody that likes to read and listen to music at the same time should have a Kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the right size and easy to use, 29 Jun 2013
Just the right size and easy to use, very clear and simple to operate in both light and dark areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars kindle ..on fire, 24 Jun 2013
Love it, have used a friend's iPad and to be honest I don't see lot of difference for what I use it for. Picture quality is fantastic, it responds really well and the keyboard has big enough keys for the most sausage like fingers. Only complaint I have and its minor, is they don't have candy crush saga and what they do have really just isn't the same .
I would would certainly recommend it to family, friend's and anyone else who asks : ))

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Away....Just Brilliant, 24 Jun 2013
Kindel Fire hd a dream to use easy to set up so many features cant believe I waited so long to get one on these little beautys very very happy so happy infact I have just ordered another one for my mum .Thank you Amazon on the quick delivery only took three days.

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this present for my husband, 24 Jun 2013
I asked gave my husband the the choice of iPad or Kindle ,he chose Kindle and is very happy. Would definitely recommend this to my friends

5.0 out of 5 stars My KINDLE, 22 Jun 2013
A very useful portable tablet My son recommended it and I am very pleased with it as it meets all my requirements

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle fire HD 8.9", 22 Jun 2013
Great quality, good screen, quite quick but no expansion slot, restricted apps, no front camera. I liked the unit but just not for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fire HD 8.9 16GB, 15 Jun 2013
Recieved my fire only yesterday after looking at so many different tablets. Wanted a tablet more for watching movies, listening to music and browsing the web.

Screen is pretty awesome, crisp and clear
As far as the sound goes it's the best around for the price by margin
Browsing, well it browses quite smoothly as far as my needs go

Read a few reviews that you can't get gmail on the fire. The e-mail app that was already loaded synced up effortlessly with my gmail account. App store has improved lots since the fire first appeared and if you can't find what you are after then just load up another app store, theres lots around!!

Couple things that grate me is the lack of personalisation on the device, only a minor bug that i can easy live with. The touchscreen keypad is annoyingly frustrating, i think they are on all devices though.

Overall think about what you want a tablet for, films/tv, music, web and the ocassional game?? T
his is the tablet for you without a doubt.

‹ Previous | 167 68 69102 | Next ›