Published 8 months ago by BookBunny

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed
I have read previous books by this author and thoroughly enjoyed them.

This book however is proving to be such a chore. Disjointed and confusing. I am persevering and almost at the end but can't say it has been a pleasure.
Published 1 month ago by Christine Crossman

5.0 out of 5 stars The boogeyman, a closed down insane asylum and some horrible murders., 31 July 2013
This review is from: The Stolen Ones (Byrne and Balzano) (Kindle Edition)
Balzano and Byrne return to pick up on a cold case where most of the evidence went missing. Inexplicably it's linked to a new homicide where a man is found in the middle of a park with a railroad spike pounding through the back of his head. Luther is responsible for this and many other murders and the book takes us to his previous home of buildings and catacombs in a mental asylum that closed down five years ago. We get to read about the Dream Merchants and dream therapy that ultimately spawned a horrific killer.
This is a very well written psychological thriller and there are many subplots to try and keep track of besides Luther and our favourite police officers. As always, the bad guy is a total surprise and I found myself wizzing through the last 20 % of the book.
This is a very satisfying read, with well developed and believable characters and there are many gory parts for those that are that way inclined. The book also features that age old childhood fear of the boogeyman in the closet, both figuratively and in real life in the form of a scarecrow man with a big hat. So be prepared to keep an eye on your closet doors and hope you get a good night's rest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Stolen Ones (Byrne and Balzano) (Kindle Edition)
I read a lot of books and over time I forget I ever read them, bot every once and while I read a classic which I'll NEVER forget.
This is a book I'll never forget, so go ahead and enjoy it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 21 Feb 2014
Christine Crossman "Chris" (Hagley, Worcs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Stolen Ones (Byrne and Balzano) (Kindle Edition)
I have read previous books by this author and thoroughly enjoyed them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Complicated, 12 Feb 2014
Elaine Byrne (Troon. Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Stolen Ones (Byrne and Balzano) (Kindle Edition)
This is a difficult book to read for about the first 65% as it is told in small, seemingly unrelated snippets. It can be quite frustrating as you think you've got to grips with it and something else crops up but it certainly keeps your attention. To me it is a book you need to read in one or two sittings as it would be easy to lose track if you are dipping in and out. The last 35% is more straightforward with most events explained and an amazing twist. It's well worth a read and it will hold your attention as you try to keep all the disparate elements together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Avid reader, 15 Jan 2014
I love reading these books, they have u hooked right from the start. If you like reading these your should also try Chris Carter

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst book yet, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Stolen Ones (Byrne and Balzano) (Kindle Edition)
What happened? The Bryne and Balzano cases have been gripping since the first book, now this?
None of the usual flare or undertones in this book. I stuck with it in the hope that it would go somewhere, anywhere, but it brought me back to the start with a bump.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Stolen Ones (Byrne & Balzano), 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Stolen Ones (Byrne and Balzano) (Kindle Edition)
Richard Montanari is one of my favourite authors and I enjoy the Byrne & Balzano series. However, I found this book a little confusing and hard to follow in places and the story didn't have me on the edge of my seat .... (although it was still worth reading). Let's hope the next book returns to Montanari at his best.

5.0 out of 5 stars The stolen ones, 18 April 2014
This review is from: The Stolen Ones (Byrne and Balzano) (Kindle Edition)
I have read several books of Richard Montanari and never been disappointed. I am not particularly good at reviewing books I just know what I enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the read, 5 April 2014
Have read all in by this author. Thrills and spills leave you guessing till the last. Richard at his best.

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps you thinking, 2 April 2014
This review is from: The Stolen Ones (Byrne and Balzano) (Kindle Edition)
Great book to read to satisfy my love of reading thriller stories! Did not disappoint, finished it the same day I couldn't put it down

ARRAY(0xafbe34f8)

The Stolen Ones (Byrne and Balzano)
2.99