4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinatingly well-crafted story of a woman's life, 4 May 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: A Good Woman (Paperback)
I don't normally read this 'sort' of book - technothrillers and comedies are more my thing. I picked this book simply because someone recommended it to me and I had nothing else, and I was amazed as it's a really good book. The story is extremely well-crafted and, although fundatmentally it's a love story, it moves very well and with plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader interested. Although not a comedy it does have some funny moments, and also has some very well written passages about the character's emotions and feelings. I'll never look at a technothriller the same way again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, well rounded, 8 Feb 2010
MISS L M ALLPORT (Brierley Hill, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Good Woman (Paperback)
I'm writing this review many years after I first read the novel. Its hard to say exactly why it has stayed with me all these years, but I do turn to it occasionally as an enjoyable read. The protagonist is fallible and occasionally unlikeable (as are most 'real' people). The story is measured in pace, but never too slow.

The author paints a vivid picture of Paris and the English backwaters which I really enjoy reading. This is a fantastic novel, a tad predictable, but it transcends the limitations of its genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars A modern classic, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: A Good Woman (Kindle Edition)
What starts as chic lit becomes deeper and more complex. Well written, and tackling the complexities of love without being overly sentimental.

A Good Woman