on 28 November 2012
Oh wow. This book is totally AMAZING. It's sexy, emotional, funny, emotional, gritty, emotional, oh and did I mention, emotional??? I couldn't put it down - my house now looks like a squat from all the housework I've ignored. And my mascara is all over my face from the crying that I just couldn't stop for the life of me! It's the best book I've read in a LONG time and will happily read it again in the future. I rarely buy books because there are so many free ones available, but I liked the sound of this one and noted all the brilliant reviews. I really wasn't disappointed! What a belter. Do yourself a favour and buy it!
on 3 September 2012
After reading Beautiful Disaster and Thoughtless/Effortless i wasnt sure any other book would measure up to the still these books had been written but then The Mighty Storm was recommended to me on another review ..... WOW, I could put it down, I read it in less than 24 hours only managing to persuade myself to sleep otherwise I wouldnt be able to function with children still at home during school summer holidays ! If you liked BD and the Kellan series then this book is definately for you ! Totally worth 5 stars :-)
on 13 September 2012
It's very rare that I come across a book I can't put down. This book grabbed my attention from the start and I loved the relationship between Jake and Tru. I found myself getting involved with the characters and shouting at Tru at the end! Can't wait for the next one. Well done, great read xx
on 15 April 2015
For all that s holy, I could not put this Beauty down.

We have Jake Whethers, all round heart throb, hunky, tattooed bad boy rock star and Trudy Bennett, innocent, beautiful, cute but no so sweet writer.

They were best friends until 12 years ago, when Jake went to USA with his parents, promising to stay in touch but of course this does not go as planned.

Jake goes onto become this rock God, at the top of the game, with 3 best friends after he moved to the US. Trudy goes to University and carves a career at a local upcoming Magazine, living her life with her best friend Simone and boyfriend Will.

I honestly thought her time with Will was doomed, before she had her meeting with Jake, for the magazine, something felt off, and we soon learn why. Trudy soon learns that she has to do an Interview with her very famous old best friend, after 1 years apart. The electricity was immediate; Trudy was a nervous wreck, and our first introduction with Jake, he comes over unfazed, although you got hints that he was not as composed as he made out.

There was only really one outcome for these two, after their reunion.

Oh Boy! I was feeling all the emotion and feelings that Trudy was; the internal arguments with herself, letting herself be swept away by the handsome Rock God, but with the added heartbreak and inner turmoil of her current situation.

They certainly had a passionate relationship, before it even got to that stage, they both had years of pent up feelings, and boy did they work well together, they were off the charts HOT!

Tru was working on Jake's Bio and thought she could do the Tour and hope to get their friendship back, when in reality she was getting a whole lot more than she realised.

I felt sorry for Will, and maybe he should have realised, or he did realise but there was nothing he could do. It was hard when the truth came out, but unavoidable.

You knew full well that this was not going to be a ride off into the sunset Happy Ever After, Jake and Tru were so good together and for each other they had it all, but also nothing at all.

I loved how sexy they were together, but at the same time they seemed to keep each other grounded.

I have not read a book in a long time where I could not stop thinking about the characters, you had me snatching reading time even when at work.

Can not wait to read how they are getting on, I hope its not as antsy as this one, but for one moment I don't think it all going t be a smooth journey.

Awe..... Reading Jake's POV about their reunion Interview, so cute, he was just as nervous as she was. I am glad we got to see his perspective.

Have really loved getting to know these two, cant wait for the next installment.
on 2 March 2013
Ok every now and then I find a book that I simply CANNOT put down, every now and then I find a book that stays with me looooong after I have read the last page, and every now and then I find a book that has me obsessively checking the authors page to see if the next instalment has been released it the last six hours since I last checked, this book my friends did ALL of the above! I am in LURVE with Jake Wethers and Trudy Bennett *sigh*. I am a rock chick through and through but find a lot of the rockstar books very OTT (ok I admit I still read them anyway) but this book was in my humble opinion PERFECT, Jake is all kinds of fecked up, Tru is a nice girl from a good family who has a perfectly nice life with a very decent boyfriend, and although I felt for Will (nice but dreary) I just loved Jake and Tru so much that I couldn't wait for them to tell him - hell if I had been Tru wouldn't have waited so long, most of us have "that friend" who we think about and smile from ear to ear who we haven't seen since we were thirteen that we'd love to see again so I found this part believable, I am soooooo happy that I stumbled upon this book as it has brought me a lot of joy and introduced me to the Thoughtless series too, TMS is however my favourite of the two. I could gush on and on about this book all day long! I also love that even after Jake gets Tru back it's not a case of HEA - she has to face obstacles she would have never dreamed of, the things in Jakes world are NOTHING like Tru's and I think Samantha has captured that really well. I cannot wait for the next instalment...I would recommend this book for maybe a mature 16 upwards as it does contain adult content but is not explicit enough for me to feel comfortable for my own 16 year old daughter to read.
on 26 February 2013
THE MIGHTY STORM......
I actually only bought this book just to pass a couple of days before the final instalment of another erotic trilogy comes out later this week, this had great reviews and a fantastic price at 64p and thought why not.
Well I opened this book at 9pm last night and only intended to read a couple of chapters to get a feel for the characters and at 11am today Ive finally finished this book but that's including not going to bed and having NO SLEEP I've literally been up all this time!
But it was damn worth it!!
This book was fabulous..
It's about 2 best friends tru and jake they was neighbours and was brought up together. They was the bestist friends and were inseparable, unfortunately though they got separated from each other's lives at the age of 14 because Jake's family moved away to another country. They tried to keep in touch but eventually they lost contact with each other.
However 12 years later they are reunited..
Jake is a massive rock star, tru is a music journalist and has to go and interview jake.
Will there be fireworks when they finally meet?
Even though tru has never forgotten him and followed his career through the press she's nervous he won't remember her.
Will jake remember her? Will tru fall back in love with her one true love even though she's got a boyfriend WILL of 2years)
Can they both walk away from each other again?
Ooooooooo exciting isnt it?

I was hooked from the 1st page, you just can't wait until they finally meet and My stomach had butterflies through out.
I totally fell in love with jake wethers I want him to be mine.

This book absolutely captured my heart it's a beautiful story of 2 sole mates who (I believe we all have 1)
I really liked WILL too and felt for him he didn't deserve any of it but when 2 people are Destined to be together what can u do?
Not to spoil the story any further I'll leave it there but I promise you you WILL NOT regret reading this book.
It's a great easy read it's hot,sexy and a one hell of a beautiful story
I freaking loved it.

Just Read it!!

Am gonna get some sleep now haha......

Ooooooooo I've just found out there's gonna be a second book...weathering the storm(out August 2013) CAN'T WAIT!
on 28 January 2013
Oh My! Oh My! Oh My! Well firstly I have to say I am so annoyed with myself that I left it so long to read this book as I loved it. Wow it is such a great story and it was more than I had hoped for. This book took me on a rollercoaster of every emotion and the build up to those emotions were fantastic. Samantha Towle has an amazing gift of almost letting you know whats coming but leaving enough doubt that you actually are almost holding your breath waiting to get there, and i LOVED that. This book is filled with moments that are so ridiculously heart breaking at times and other times of total highs of pure unadultarated love.

I totally fell for Jake almost from the moment he was introduced to the book and even though you think maybe you should not be rooting for him you do. He is so beautifully broken and it is potrayed so well in the way it is written. There were times I wanted to shout at him but at the same time I totally understood why he did the things he did. You get to know and understand Jake and why he is the way he is and you will end up loving him for it. As for Tru my feelings for her character were also a rollercoaster and boy did i wanna jump in my ereader and shake her a couple of times, but I also totally understood her by the end of the book and loved her for all she went through.

So all in all I loved this book and I loved the characters (need to just say I loved Stuart as he is awesome in this story). This is most definatly a 5 STAR book for me!
on 20 November 2013
I loved this book. I've loved all of this authors books, again it was read in one sitting like most of her books, I'm not one for spoiling the story for other people. But the author just has a way of writing chemistry between her characters in a way that I love can't wait for more especially Toms story from the mighty storms books.
on 23 November 2013
Really enjoyed this book, just another great from Samantha Towle, Mia is such a damaged character, Jordant he wild bad boy come together to set things right, such an emotional journey but really well written and so enjoyable!
on 20 November 2013
As usual Samantha Towle has written another great story with a truly awesome story and a great lead characters. Mia was was someone who felt real and truly came in to her own and showed that no matter what life deals you that you always have an inner strength to fight I felt awed by her determination to get help and to get better. Jordan as the male lead was a true hero and the love he had for Mia was so beautiful and true that I found myself a little envious! The thing I love about ST is that she is not afraid to show the love her male leads have fir their counterparts and I always find it so adorable to read their POV, I have to admit though Jordan and Dozer the dog made this story for me I think I have found a new book boyfriend go team Jordan!!!