5.0 out of 5 stars A great companion to The CV Book. A clear winner.
I bought James Innes' other title, 'The CV Book' a while back and have recently reviewed that. Right now I'm taking the time to write reviews for all of his books that I have bought and read because (as you can see) I'm a fan.

Published 21 months ago by Dhy

2.0 out of 5 stars The Author doesn't get the job
The book has about 30 examples of Cover Letters. 'Fair enough' you might think. But nope, they are too similar and it does not include other formats such as the Two Column cover letter. The author also keep stressing the important of making an impact through the opening paragraph. However, the -dull- opening paragraph is almost always the same across the provided...
Published 21 months ago by London

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A great companion to The CV Book. A clear winner., 23 Oct 2012

As I said in my last review, I have a strong work history but had zero knowledge of what employers wanted to see when I wrote to them. I used to have a two-page cover letter with all sorts of information that I now realise should have been on my CV. Reading this book was an eye-opener and, coupled with my new CV that I wrote while reading The CV Book, I have, what I feel is, a strong, concise marketing tool to promote myself to employers.

If you want to be taken seriously in the workplace, you have to give your job applications your best shot. This book, along with the other ones I bought by James Innes, has given me the confidence to go for the jobs I really want.

Good advice is priceless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and value for money, 31 July 2013
I bought James Innes' book: Guide to writing the perfect cover letter (Paperback) I've found it a great help.....Already got an interview with it. Highly recommended to all job-hunters....

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful!, 23 Oct 2012
I bought this in conjunction with James Innes' other book on CV-writing, and I've found it a great help. I honestly believe he's the best in the business when it comes to job applications and CV writing, and find his writing very clear, concise and engaging. Full of useful little tips that I would never have thought of. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Book, 23 Oct 2012
S. A. Staley - See all my reviews
Writing a covering letter to go with your CV is sometimes harder than writing the CV itself, the tips in this book really inspired me. Although you obviously cannot copy them word for word they make you think about your own position and how to market yourself. thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars COVER LETTERS BOOK, 21 May 2014
Intresting book to read. Ideal for children at school and all job hunters. Can recommend this book to any one.

The Cover Letter Book: Your Definitive Guide to Writing the Perfect Cover Letter - An excellent book in writing cover letter for jobs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 9 Mar 2014
This is a great author and I love this guy's books. All of his stuff is great and this is no exception.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good place to start, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Cover Letter Book: Your definitive guide to writing the perfect cover letter (Kindle Edition)
Debunked some concepts of what I thought a good cover letter should be, as well as giving some valuable advice and examples to increase your chances against the competition.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cover Letter Book: Your Definitive Guide to Writing the Perfect Cover Letter, 13 Dec 2013
Was never sure how to write a good cover letter and was not getting the responses I wanted/needed. This book points you in exactly the right direction with clear instructiions and detail of what's require in this quite tricky area to get the desired response.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have, if you buy the CV book, 4 Jun 2013
I hadn`t realized how out of date my approach to writing CVs and Cover letters was! This book is essential to complete any CV applications for jobs; I realize now how poor my cover letter writing had been in the past - I had misunderstood both the purpose and importance of a cover letter.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›