5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo pleased I bought it!
Published on 2 Nov. 2012 by PSL Scott

2.0 out of 5 stars 95% Fluff
Published 23 months ago by Ben Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo pleased I bought it!, 2 Nov. 2012
I thought my own CV was quite good, but after getting no responses when I sent it out to various companies I decided to do a proper job and got this book to help me. What a transformation my CV has undertaken! It appears I had broken nearly every rule when writing a CV. Thankfully, I've now set that straight after reading The CV book, and so far I've had three offers of interviews. I'm soooo pleased I bought it. Would recommend it to anyone thinking of writing or rewriting their CV. It was an easy (and quite humorous) read. I got The Cover Letter Book too, and I think that definitely helped to secure the interviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars A highly readable, extremely useful book!, 27 Oct. 2012
Ms. K. L. Wilson (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
I would highly recommend this book for anybody thinking about writing their own CV. I thought writing a CV would be easy - it is just a record of my skills, qualifications and experience after all! But after staring at a blank screen for ages, I finally realised I would need some help and this book proved invaluable. The examples of CVs at the back of the book have really helped me to produce a CV that looks good whilst the earlier chapters ensured that I included only what recruiters will want to see in my new CV. I am so pleased with the result and have already had some really positive feedback from my CV!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for a job? Essential Reading!, 13 Nov. 2012
Finding myself back in the job market after time out looking after my family I found myself up against a huge amount of competition, and despite some strong experience and skills I wasn't getting interviews, or even call backs from agencies. A friend recommended this title to me and after some months without success I thought I'd give it a try. It has really made me think about the way I "market" myself. It shows how a CV can be so much more than just a biography. From simple guidance, such as tailoring your CV for each role to more sophisticated tips on style, key words and formatting this book really has proved a great help to me returning to the work force. With my new and improved CV sent out I am now getting those interviews. Well worth the money!

2.0 out of 5 stars 95% Fluff, 25 Feb. 2013
Ben Clark (Sevenoaks, Kent) - See all my reviews
I must say I found this book very, very average indeed. As a professional recruiter who is often helping people to rewrite their CVs I thought it would be a good book to make sure I am structuring things in the right way and might give me some hints and tips I had not thought of. Sadly, I found the book very disappointing, if you are looking to get a job in a shop or a factory it will probably help but if you are a senior manager / director / CxO in any profession with 10 + years experience behind you, it will be a complete waste of money as does the book does not focus on any of the main points that senior hiring managers look for now days. I also honestly don't know how this book is so long, as it is 95% fluff. I can only assume that the publishers have said people wont pay £10 for a book that is only a few pages long but it would be a far better guide if it was. In short if you have not the faintest idea about a CV then it is worthwhile, I suppose. However, if you are looking to create a high impact sales document then you would have totally wasted your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 3 Nov. 2012
An excellent book that is well written and easy to follow, explains why you should do and not do certain things, gives some great examples, phrases and information. If you follow this your CV should be the best it can be!

4.0 out of 5 stars Some useful tips and pointers..., 8 Jun. 2014
A. R. Povey (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The CV Book 2nd edn: Your definitive guide to writing the perfect CV (Kindle Edition)
A little out of date but still some useful tips that I used to improve my CV. Still waiting for interview offers though...

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper advice and follow up given, 6 May 2014
In the beginning, we thought this is another advice book. No, the author follow up in detail as to how to write effective review. Many people gave 5 stars. There is nothing to add. If you were looking for a new position, or if you were in a position to hire someone, you need this so that you can write/review CV effectively.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oustanding CV writing guide, 30 April 2014
I own a number of CV writing books and this is my absolute 'go-to' guide. It is extremely comprehensive and contains everything I need to know about writing a fantastic CV that will capture attention and stand out from the crowd. The writing style is very straightforward and explains everything in perfectly understandable terms! In addition, there are plenty of examples of diverse, brilliantly-written CVs to look through and a case study to guide readers through the whole book.

In a word - perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the very best book for serious writer's, 14 April 2014
Deborah La Rue (DENVER, CO, US) - See all my reviews
This book is nothing less than inspired. It absolutely makes sense of a subject that makes no sense. What is expected from potential employers has changed dramatically in the last decade. James makes sense of the whole mess and even speaks to each country and their differences in expectations. As a Resume/CV writer, this book is sits next to me and is my first go to. You too will love it just as much. This is an absolutely must have for all Resume/CV writers and people who are writing their own. Thank you James.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best CV writing book I've read, 14 April 2014
An excellent book that is well written and easy to follow instruction, it's easy to read and gives great insight into the cv writing process. Money well spent. :-)