5.0 out of 5 stars Great for external device connection: Google NEXUS 7 Tablet
Used with Google Nexus 7 Tablet, and works great !

be aware:
1) that you will need to download some OTG ('On The Go') Software from the Google Play store;
some is Free some is a small fee £1 / £2 depending on what you want it too do. This 'allows' the tablet to communicate through the mini usb port.
2) that the usb port is by design very small;...
Published on 13 Feb. 2013 by gadgetuser

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality but functionally OK
Published 4 months ago by Stephen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for external device connection: Google NEXUS 7 Tablet, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Decrescent 4 in 1 Micro USB Host OTG and Card Reader Connection Kit for Smartphone and Tablet - White (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Used with Google Nexus 7 Tablet, and works great !

be aware:
2) that the usb port is by design very small; this adapter also plugs in 'upside' down, so there is a lot of leverage on the tiny socket, a small extension cable would be advisable if using a lot.

The unit (along with the Nexus Media Importer App, from the Google Play APP store) works very well.

[...]

this allowed full access to view, and load anything too/from an external memory device stick/ usb / SD card/ hard drive etc .. and view /play them all, including RAW photos.
*be aware that some large External Hard Drives will also work, but the micro usb does not provide them with enough Power,(so they will need to be self powered from the mains for example,) but they work very well in terms of connectivity and communication.

I can now view, and back, up my RAW photographs straight away in the field straight into the Google Nexus 7 tablet.
Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decrescent 4 in 1 micro usb host otg card reader, 25 April 2013
J. Weeks (UK) - See all my reviews
Good service, arrived quickly. Works perfectly with both my Galaxy s2 and Nexus 7. Using Nexus Photo Viewer/Importer it will work with camera chips or usb sticks perfectly. It is nicely made, considering the price, the chips fit snugly and the usb port is tight and secure. I think the only vulnerable part of this item is the micro usb connector, it is fine in a domestic setting, but how it might fare on rough travelling etc., I am not sure. I think I would use an extension cable if I was using it under those circumstances, just so as not to put too much strain on the port. Otherwise really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gadget I've bought in a long time, 1 Oct. 2013
I originally bought a cheap tablet for the sole purpose of taking it with me when I go away at weekends / on holiday etc as I am an amateur photographer and wanted a device with me that I could upload my photos to straight away for viewing. Unfortunately the tablet did not recognise the SD card via a reader. I read another person's review who said you are better off getting this type of gadget to use with your mobile phone. So that's what I did. I sent the tablet back and bought this gadget which is fantastic! I have a Galaxy S3 (I could do with the Note really as it's slightly larger) but it does the job I want and a fraction of the price of a tablet!

I can load my pics from the camera's SD card on to my phone, view and edit, then save on to a USB stick to then share with others, or to upload from the phone etc. No waiting to get home and putting on the PC anymore. Great device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dose a Great Job, 5 Aug. 2013
Have used this on a Samsung S2 phone and a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Use it to read USB sticks, SD cards and to operate a mouse. All worked fine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality but functionally OK, 26 Oct. 2014
When I opened the packet I was greeted by this product being in 4 separate pieces (see attached photo), not the best start! After taking a closer look at the product it appeared although it had never been assembled before being packed - easily resolved by clicking the plastic together. Although it is still very loose & when inserting the device you need to be careful it doesn't come apart again.

The device doesn't fit lushly with the micro USB port on any of my devices (protruding by a couple of mm), while not loose it could be easily damaged it knocked when in use.

For the function of transferring files on to an USB OTG host it does work fine though.

Overall the build duality is really poor but it does work, just so long as you're very careful!

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for file transfer but thats all on Nexus 7, 2 April 2013
So ordered this after getting the Nexus Media Importer app on a Nexus 7. When plugging this into the Nexus I noticed the fit was poor, but thought nothing of it as the NMI loaded and detected the memory card I had installed... so all was fine... for a short while at least, over extended use the link between Nexus and this would drop as it wiggled about, making it frustrating when watching videos and browsing pictures from the cards inserted into the device. However the short time it works between connection drops makes it usable for copying apps/file to the Nexus, so make sure you copy your movie or pictures to the Nexus before browsing them... Also it is a much more elegant solution to plugging memory sticks/cards to the nexus than the long USB cables currently on offer form the Amazon store.

1.0 out of 5 stars worked with my samsung s4 i give it that but ..., 22 July 2014
H. Watson "heidi" (wales) - See all my reviews
worked with my samsung s4 i give it that but not with my tablet and that was what i wanted it for

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy, 12 Jun. 2014
Do not buy this item it does not fit any micro usb slots a waste of money.do not buy this

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth The Money!, 27 Jun. 2014
I bought this as a 'nice to have' port expansion for my Lenovo Miix 2 10 Windows 8.1 tablet. I wasn't too sure if it would work properly but in fact it does and also with my Samsung Note II phone. It's a neat little device which arrive well within the delivery schedule. My only criticism would be that the protective plastic cap which covers the micro USB connector does not fit that snugly so may get lost over time but functionally, this adapter is well worth the money.