5.0 out of 5 stars Not a red wine drinker but.............
Published 20 months ago by molie

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Entirely Without Merit
I was astonished to find out how weak willed this wine is. With all the hoopla about it being a massive red, it's actually quite sickly sweet and with a very light, almost passive, mouth feel.

Published 17 days ago by Ian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a red wine drinker but............., 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Black Stump Red Wine Australian Shiraz Durif 2013 75cl (Case of 6)
I had a bottle of this in a case from an Australian travel company. Not being a red drinker normally I had a little taster. Wow, amazing unfortunately not much left for me as my guests had demolished it and any they had left in the glass was protected from anyone wanting to take it off them. Worth every penny of the asking price and probably more. This would make an excellent gift for a red drinker.

4.0 out of 5 stars a really nice wine, 5 Jun 2014
I have been drinking this wine on and of for a couple of years or more I, have recommended it to family and friends, have never heard a bad thing said about the wine, only good. I love it, so why not 5 stars? Because 'Black Stump Reserve' is the 5 star. I recommend that you try it.

5.0 out of 5 stars stumping good value, 12 Jan 2013
Have had this wine in mind for some time and just had to try it. Just about the best wine I have had full and red with a superb taste soft to the palet and smooth. would recomend this wine as it is not over priced, good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shiraz I have drunk, 6 April 2013
The was easily the most flavourful, full bodied Shiraz I have had. Believe the reports, excellent value for money as well.
Deep flavours, fruity and excellent finish, miss at your peril

5.0 out of 5 stars best red wine I've had in a long while, 13 Aug 2013
I tried this at a friends and liked it so much I bought a box for myself - sadly it's now all gone! Better get some more quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top grade Shiraz at an excellent price, 2 July 2013
Excellent, smooth, bright fruit and full bodied Shiraz. Goes very well with Steak and is excellent value at the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Entirely Without Merit, 6 Nov 2014

It's not offensively bad, but it's nothing like I was expecting or had hoped. Just another supermarket standard wine, with similarities to many an easily drinkable Tesco Finest red wine, probably costing no more than £6.99 a bottle at your local branch.

I've opened two bottles so far, to make sure I was being fair, but the rest can go in the cupboard for when guests come round at Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars black stump, 16 Jan 2014
my favourite affordable red wine i love this particular wine and for special occasions it surprises my guests as to how smooth it is for a big red .

5.0 out of 5 stars I want more, 15 Jan 2014
Have loved this wine ever since I first tasted it and this batch didn't let me down. I will be ordering more in the near future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 16 Jun 2014
A pleasant wine to drink with a sirloin steak. A smooth wine that is pleasant to drink on its own . Beware it has quite a kick.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›