Bosch AMW 10 Multi tool used with pole pruner and extension pole attachment is very good for pruning and cutting tree branches difficult to reach. The power of the motor is good and more than capable of cutting through large branches. It is however heavy and arm strength will be tested when using for any significant time.
Published 15 months ago by Mr K Sanders

I like Bosch power tools, I have used a wide range of their products for many years and have been very satisfied, both with the operation of and the availability of spare parts.

In my view this machine is a disaster, I hate it.

Published 10 months ago by John Goodwin

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm totally underwhelmed, Bosch have lost the plot with this machine., 26 Sep 2013
John Goodwin (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch AMW 10 Multi-Tool (DIY & Tools)

In my view this machine is a disaster, I hate it.

I am a big chap, 6'3" 18st and well able to handle power tools for garden maintenance. This multi-tool is heavy, unbalanced and underpowered.

This review concerns the hedgetrimmer attachment in conjunction with the motor unit and harness.

The motor unit is very heavy and painful to hold, to operate the switch and guide the machine my wrist was bent at a very uncomfortable angle.

The harness is uncomfortable and difficult to dis-engage, I now use a Ryobi strimmer harness which a far superior release mechanism.

The trimmer head is not very efficient and appears underpowered, it won't cope with stems thicker than 6mm.

What puzzles me is that this machine has a 400mm blade, 1000 Watt motor and is struggling with my hedge; yet my existing trimmer - a Bosch 6000 Pro has a 600mm blade, 700 Watt motor and has coped admirably with the hedge for the last 5 years. The 6000 Pro also has a much thicker cutting capacity.

I bought this multi-tool to save me climbing a ladder and steps but it's so heavy and unwieldy that a neat finish is virtually impossible.

My intention was eventually to purchase the pruning saw attachment for use in the autumn, but I think I'll stick with my ladder and chain saw.

My neighbour was very interested in my purchase of this machine, he pestered me to lend it him - and returned it within 30 minutes - "what a b****y awful machine, it's too heavy".

I'm now researching petrol multi-tools.

One good point - the trimmer head has an excellent click-stop positioning mechanism, its a pity the guy who designed that bit didn't design the rest of the machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerfull multi tool is excellent for pruning and cutting tree branches difficult to reach, 15 April 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars very good product, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Bosch AMW 10 Multi-Tool (DIY & Tools)
bought this to trim over hanging branches from neighbours trees. bought the extension pole and chainsaw too. It is a bit heavy but if you are a bloke it shouldn't be too much trouble. the switch went on the first one but amazon swapped it out really quickly. I like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than petrol, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bosch AMW 10 Multi-Tool (DIY & Tools)
Replaced my old petrol model with this Bosch, it's brill, all my attachments fit so only needed the motor. It runs at a constant speed, is quiet and has enough power to run everything very well. I would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased with cutter attachment., 21 Oct 2013
N. Goldsmith "goldsmith52" (Tunbridge Wells, Kent, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch AMW 10 Multi-Tool (DIY & Tools)
Obviously you have to buy the cutter as this does not come as one piece. Remember (as I did not) that the combination of the two when cutting a high hedge, as I have to, that this becomes unwieldy and heavy. Not safe on an unanchored ladder or without someone holding on. Sturdy, though, with a powerful motor.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, but very heavy, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Bosch AMW 10 Multi-Tool (DIY & Tools)
Agree with all reviews here which say this an excellent piecce of kit with hedge trimmer or pole pruner attachments, but after about half an hour, you're pretty tired from lugging it around!

Bosch AMW 10 Multi-Tool