5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series
Very enjoyable series - having read the first three books I had to read the next in the series. It is going to be a bit expensive though because now I want to find out what happens in the next book...and the next! An interesting set of characters all of whom grow and change with every book plus well plotted stories. I am going to have to pace myself!!
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
This is the first in a series of historical romances. As such I found it weak in plot and altogether rather disappointing.
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Tears of Pearl: Lady Emily 4 (Lady Emily Mysteries) (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 18 Dec. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars lady emily 4, 7 Nov. 2013
I would recommend this book to any one who likes historical novels. I loved it, it had twists and turns and a quite unexpected ending. Brilliant read.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun read, 11 Oct. 2013
D. A. Post (Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands) - See all my reviews
Ok, this story is somewhat improbable in some places. Emily seems to drop in and out of the imperial harem like a grocery store. But nevertheless it's a fun read and the author clearly did her homework on Ottoman Turkey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tears of Pearl, 5 Mar. 2015
E. A. Irwin (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
I am reading this book at the moment and am enjoying it, it is a bit worn but it has been a library book it bit more worn than other second hand books I have bought but it will do. I enjoy this series. Anne

2.0 out of 5 stars Bitterly Dissapointed, 22 Nov. 2011
Mama-Ace (Bondi, Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
I really loved the first three 'Lady Emily' books in the series and was truly looking forward to this book. To my dissapointment, I thought it was awful.

Lady Emily is no longer charming, vivacious and willing to learn. She is bossy, self absorbed and selfish to the enth degree. I have no idea what Colin sees in her anymore. I found their relationship in this book tedious and dreary. She's actually becoming a bit painful, and I find that I don't really like her very much.

The mystery in this book was disjointed and silly and I think that Tasha Alexander really struggled to capture a sense of place in Istanbul. The hareem and the characters within were not real to me, and it lacked the realism and pace of her previous book 'A Fatal Waltz' set in Vienna. The culprit was blindingly obvious and the whole 'backstory' a little thin.

All in all, after this book I'm not too sure I will continue to pursue my relationship with Lady Emily, and that makes me a little sad as we started out with such promise!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 May 2015
I really enjoyed the insight into Turkish life. This is another highly entertaining read.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... a very likeable character and the stories are a delight., 8 April 2015
Lady Emily is a very likeable character and the stories are a delight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Mar. 2015
great story; as always very well told

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but...., 2 Mar. 2010
Joyce Holmes "bookhound" (Lincoln.UK) - See all my reviews
I read the first two books in the Lady Emily series and quite enjoyed them, I did not however enjoy this one. The writing is competent but the characters seem to be somewhat less compelling. Did the members of the sultan's harem have the freedoms that appear in this book? I don't know enough to be sure, therefore I feel irritated. I have also lost interest in the further development of Emily, her marriage and her detective skills.