5.0 out of 5 stars A new favourite
This second book in the series lives up to the standard of the first. I can see these characters becoming real "friends" whose adventures I will continue to enjoy.
Published on 23 Mar 2011 by Sue from the south

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed
I've read her later ones and enjoyed them more. I'm ploughing through this one which is far too long. The story doesn't justify the endless repetitions of the thief sending the heroine missives in Greek and proving tediously elusive.

Published 2 months ago by boudicca

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed, 18 May 2014
This review is from: A Poisoned Season (Kindle Edition)

I am also increasingly infuriated by the Americanisms that would be out of place in a contemporary English novel, let alone one purporting to be set in Victorian high society. People simply wouldn't have talked about "figuring thing out", waiting until "the Fall", asking if they could "visit with" each other and worst of all calling an attendant in the British Museum a "docent"!

I'll probably finish it but only because I've got this far and want to know what happened but I am losing the will to live...

5.0 out of 5 stars A new favourite, 23 Mar 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious novel, 1 Mar 2010
Love the plot both the sentimental one with Colin and the main intrigue. I appreciate Emily's strong and educated character as well as her realistic view of the Victorian English society in which she evolves. The description of a London "season" is very well captured. I got so much taken with the story that i read it in one night!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 3 Mar 2014
Fren (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Poisoned Season (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the first book but found it dragged at times. This one is much better and kept me interested all the way through

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: A Poisoned Season (Kindle Edition)
This was different from my usual type of reading material, but I really enjoyed it and enjoyed the fantasies about smart London Society of the period. I shall certainly more by this author, but hope there won't be quite so many American spellings and grammatical differences, as I find them confusing at times.

4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining read, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: A Poisoned Season (Kindle Edition)
it got off to a bit of a slow start, but by the end I was hooked.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: A Poisoned Season (Kindle Edition)
I liked this book a lot I look forward to getting more of the same author. A very unusual heroine

A Poisoned Season