5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Listening, 16 Sept. 2013
BS (Winchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lonesome Dreams (Audio CD)
Very melodic easy listening, which is not to say they are simple tunes or lyrics but its an album you can play again and again - when you are in the mood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, 12 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Lonesome Dreams (Audio CD)
I bought this album after hearing 'Time To Run' after a blog suggestion, and I wasn't disappointed. It is a very individualistic sound of which I can honestly not think of any other band of which it is fair to compare to. I'm going travelling soon and so the lyrics relate to me a lot as they sound as if they love travel and exploring the world and the places and people in it. The bass line in the intro to 'She Lit A Fire' is constantly in my head... amazing. And watching videos of them live show that they are incredibly talented musicians that deserve a lot more recognition than they get. Buy this album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lord Huron, 17 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Lonesome Dreams (Audio CD)
This is just brilliant. Stalled for ages about buying the CD because the sound quality on the net was poor although I liked the songs. But I did buy it and what a difference playing it on my ipod made. One of my favourite CD's now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album!, 1 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Lonesome Dreams (MP3 Download)
I checked out this band after seeing that their album was in the under a fiver section one week. After hearing the song, Lonesome Dreams, on youtube, I was sold. Sit back, close your eyes and join them on their adventure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fleet Foxes Light?, 21 April 2013
Kevin Williams "Kev" (Newport, S.Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lonesome Dreams (Audio CD)
I saw LH live about 18 months ago, and was blown away, so looked forward to hearing this album. Took a few listens to form an opinion, but it's good, but not as good as it could have been. Try it, but look past FF comparisons that a lot of reviewers have made, 4 Stars about right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best download for ages!, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Lonesome Dreams (Audio CD)
I love this album. I had never heared of Lord Huron before and just listened to the snippets of the MP3 album because I liked the album cover. I was more than delighted with the download - the music and songs are just brilliant so much so I have booked tickets to go to one of his live gigs next month.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must album for your collection, 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Lonesome Dreams [VINYL] (Vinyl)
great album listened to the album on you tube first then bought the vinyl there is not a bad track on this album
diverse music to suit all tastes reminds me of cross between the eagles crowded house paul simons gracelands with a little of enya thrown in with country superb group

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite album. Every song is incredible, 8 Aug. 2014
D Oliffe - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lonesome Dreams (MP3 Download)
My favourite album. Every song is incredible. Not often I get to say that. If you like Fleet Foxes, you'll definitely like these guys. This is music for the mountains. Don't think. BUY.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best new records I've bought in a long time, 2 April 2013
This review is from: Lonesome Dreams (Audio CD)
I haven't done many of these reviews although I've been a big fan of Amazon for a long time. So here goes.
I bought this after having heard good old Bob Harris rave about Lord H on his Sunday morning programme. Often with new records it takes time for it to sink in. You have that "I am sure it'll grow on me" feeling which sometimes materialises into "wow I'm glad I bought it" but often "hmmm how do I return this one". This album in superb. Yes there is a bit of Fleet Foxes about it but personally I think there is a lot more melody, more bite and more emotion. *(Like I said I don't do a lot of these reviews!!!)
If it helps I am 55 and love Joni Mitchell, Steely Dan, Bob Dylan, Nick Cave, Richard Thompson. If you match most or even some of these criteria then you'll love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 22 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Lonesome Dreams (Audio CD)
I heard this music late one night on the radio and decided I must find out more about this group. This CD is awesome, the music and instruments are something I haven't heard before but put both together and it is well worth listening to. I have the CD in my car and play it all the time.

Lonesome Dreams