5.0 out of 5 stars Works well
Put it on indoors and it felt a bit too warm. Outdoors, on a chilly evening bike ride and only needed a thin jersey on top to stay warm - did a fairly stiff hill climb and it wicked moisture away surprisingly well, practically no chill on the descent. Given these things were (some still are) c.£40 last year, this looks a good purchase.
Published on 26 Sept. 2011 by E. Craggs

1.0 out of 5 stars Thermal I DONT THINK SO.
I was totally unhappy with this item. For a start it was way too tight. Seriously difficult to put on and 10times harder to take off. Also if you want this to keep you warm while cycling forget it. Because you will definitely feel the cold. It would probably be ok if your not traveling at speed along the cold roads.
Published 7 months ago by David

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 26 Sept. 2011
E. Craggs "Bottlewasher" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars quality product for a bargain price, 30 Oct. 2011
I wanted a thermal compression base layer for cycling and after weeks of looking in shops and online found the Sub Cold base layer. After reading the reviews and not wanting to spend too much money I took the plunge and ordered a size large.
I have used this regulary and am very impressed with the quality and feel for the price. It does feel a little tight under arms when first put on but after a few minutes I forget ive got it on. The compression is very good and it is excellent at wicking away the sweat and keeping the cold out.
I will definately be purchasing another one and can highly recommend to anyone wanting a quality thermal compression base layer at a bargain price. 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars It ticks all the boxes, 2 Nov. 2012
This is one of the few things I've bought that I just felt compelled to write a review about. This top is excellent! Bought as a cycling base layer, thus far (Nov '12) I've found it very warm and VERY good at wicking away sweat. Sorry to put 'very' in caps, but I really was suprised at how well it works. I'm 5'11" , have a 39 inch chest and a 31 inch waist and the large size feels just snug enough.

One word of caution: unless it is very cold this top may be too warm for running in!

Highly recommended, I'm putting my order in for another one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good thermal compression top at a good price. Winter essential, 16 Jan. 2014
Warm, light, comfortable and good value, the quality of these tops seems very high for the money. I bought one and was so impressed I got another a few weeks later.
I use it under a very light shell jacket when mountain biking and it has kept me comfortable down to freezing temps in a damp Scottish winter. I suspect it could cook you if worn indoors.

I vary between a med and a large in most items and according to the sizing chart I'm an L, but on advice of other reviews I bought an XL one of these and its a tight (but correct) fit. the sizing is at least 1 size too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparison between Sub DUAL and Sub COLD, 12 Nov. 2014
Just bought this Sub Sports COLD compression gear for winter jogging as the Sub Sports DUAL left me feeling quite cold even in the middle of my jog! I decided it would probably be for the reader's benefit if i did a comparison between the two compression gears.

Before I go on to the comparison, I must say this: BUY THE NEXT SIZE UP!

If you don't buy the next size up for this Sub COLD compression gear, you may find that it's too tight a fit, and I'll explain why later.

Here's the comparison:
Sub DUAL Compression Gear
Advantages:
- Lightweight
- Excellent compression
- Excellent fit (no need to go a size up)
- Can jog in the rain without feeling soaked
Disadvantages:
- You feel the cold in cold weather (even after jogging for a while).
- Feels a little too tight to start with, but you get used to it.

Sub COLD compression gear
Advantages:
- Lightweight
- Good fit
- Very warm a cosy, perfect for winter jogging!
- Can jog in the rain without feeling soaked
Disadvantages:
- Need to buy one size up, otherwise it will be too tight.
- Low compression due to going the next size up. It does have a tight fit when you go a size up, but you don't get that nice 'squeeze' that a compression gear should have.

Conclusion:
Both compression gears are great for jogging, but the COLD compression gear is better for winter weather. However, with the COLD compression gear you need to go one size up, otherwise it won't fit you at all. Going one size up may remove the 'tight squeeze' feeling depending on your body shape, but it's still a tight fit!

So why the 'size up' rule with the Sub Sports COLD compression top?

Attached is a picture of a size medium Sub Sorts COLD on the left and a size small Sub Sports DUAL on the right. I have opened up the bottoms upwards so that you can see the material inside.
As you can see, the Sub Sports COLD is one layer of elastic material on the outside, coated with fluffy material on the inside. The Sub Sports DUAL, on the other hand, is made up of just one layer of elastic material.

Imagine you had a tight fitting t-shirt, and imagine that I then filled it with a layer of foam on the inside. It would be a lot tighter and a lot less flexible after the addition of the inside layer, and THAT'S why you would need to go a size up! The Sub Sports COLD isn't as flexible as the Sub Sports DUAL due to the COLD one having the extra fluffy layer (it's not foam though, the foam was just an illustration). So if you're a size small (like me) then go for size medium, and if you're size medium then go for large. Etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but be careful on the sizing, 11 Dec. 2012
This is a good quality item, and I was very happy with the service received. My one word of caution is on the sizing. Although the product description does make it clear that the sizing is "tight fit", I think this could be stressed further. I am a clear "medium" but when the item came, there was no way I could fit into it. I had to send the order back and re-order a "large". This is the first time I have ever required a large. I received good customer service throughout, but I would recommend that you consider ordering one size above your normal size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cold - base layer, 13 May 2011
Great quality product & far cheaper than other brands. The seams leave less marking (impressions) on the skin than ones I've paid more than double for.

Found it a bit tight under the left arm around the seam area..........strange as my right is the drinking arm ;-)

Really looking forward to a bigger range, eg back support compression built in etc.

thanks !

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, 14 Nov. 2011
This compression wear is really good as acting as compression clothing and as a thermal layering! With the cold compression gear, you no longer need the compression clothing and other layers with it, it acts as both! Definately worth the money, it's exactly as it's dedscribed! Far cheaper than any other compression wear and the quality is better.

Would recomend them for any skiers as thermals and compression set together, and any one doing cold sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 24 April 2013
My first ever second skin type of top. It arrived in time for the last of the very cold weather and performed amazingly. Suddenly the number of layers required to keep warm was reduced and I hate being cold!
Once you get used to the tight fit you don't notice you are wearing it just that you feel warmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Under motor cycle leather clothing, 15 Sept. 2011
Excellent quality and would recommend to anyone who wears leathers on a motor cycle. Garment was very comfortable and warm