5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag!
Looked at a lot of bags to find one which I felt would hold all the paraphernalia needed when sightseeing on holiday, also needed to be able to put it across body to keep hands free. Additionally it needed to be stylish, so it would fit the bill for taking out in the evening.
Published 16 months ago by AJB

1.0 out of 5 stars I didnt like it
There was nothing wrong with the bag..maybe it was larger than what it looked in the picture.I found it extremely unattractive and I returned it immediately.
Published 13 months ago by hello98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag!, 19 April 2013
It certainly fulfils the first two criteria, I am ok for taking it out on evening but for some it maybe too big and not quite stylish enough.
Also like the colour, makes a change from Kipling brown or black so will do all seasons, which I felt the really bright colours/patterns would not be as successful in doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garan Caffe Latte Shoulder Bag, 16 Jun 2013
Alan Pearson "Book worm" (Plymouth, England) - See all my reviews
My wife saw this on a shopping channel, I found it on Amazon, ordered it on Saturday evening and it arrived the following Monday morning. My wife is happy therefore I am quite pleased myself. The bag has numerous compartments including in the flap for the many items that the Queen of my Heart needs before she can venture forth, this is her bag of the moment until she sees another Kipling bag.
A very nice product well worth buying

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably find it useful, 7 Aug 2013
This review is from: Kipling Women's Garan Shoulder Bag (Shoes)
I personally don't like bags with a flap as you have to lift it up before you can unzip the bag. However I was attracted to this one as I saw on TV that you can unzip around the edge of the flap and slip into the back of the bag an IPad and I was hoping a netbook would also fit, but it doesn't. However this back section does make items more secure as when you unzip the main compartment the ipad/kindle whatever is still safely zipped in the back.

I could get more than I thought into the bag including a small bottle of water. Being light weight and when empty, its flat, it maybe useful to put in a suitcase for holidays. It seems to be well made but I would not pay the full RRP for any Kipling bags but Amazon offer good deals and I think I will find this bag useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great bag..., 5 Jun 2013
I have a huge collection now of Kipling bags, they are addictive!! The Garan bag I bought in Caffe Latte, as most of my bags are dark colours,it will be perfect for my holiday.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 7 Sep 2013
Gemstone (Merseyside, UK) - See all my reviews
I have a number of Kipling bags and usually like them a bit smaller than this. However, I wanted one that had a separate pocket for my 10" tablet in it's case so decided to give this a try. The large zipped flap pocket is ideal for stashing the tablet and there is space for everything else in the main compartment, so I like it. I wish the front pocket had velcro or a zip as it gapes a bit which is why I have not given 5 stars but it is a nice size pocket so I carry my umbrella in it. It has a small zipped compartment in the main part of the bag and usual Kipling key fob and phone compartment. I keep a small pack of tissues in the other pocket as it is too small for a modern phone. There is a fab long cross body strap which is fully adjustable and I love the bright peony colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best bag you can buy for work or play, 6 May 2013
It is so light but roomy and versatile - you can even store a light jacket in it without filling up the space inside bag for all my other essential items

5.0 out of 5 stars why not men too?, 17 July 2013
I like this product because it`s light and washable and is invaluable to anyone wishing to carry an I-pad and kindle,
all you do is unzip the flap and they both store both in the back with ample room, leaving the rest of the bag free for everyday stuff.
For this reason alone I would say this bag is suitable for men also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everyday handbag, 27 Aug 2013
Plenty of room, good colour and excellent quality. You can tell this bag is well made from first glance. I do like it and I use it every day. In retrospect I wish I had been slightly more adventurous with the colour option but then it always gives me an excuse to buy another one!
I like a larger handbag and this definitely fits into that category, it is very casual with a fabric strap and velcro fastening, main pocket and inner pocket have secure zip fastening. There is a small clasp inside which is fanastic for attaching house/car keys and saves searching for ages in bag. Will certainly buy from Kipling range in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bag like the Tardis!, 11 July 2013
This bag is light weight & roomy. It has a wide main compartment with a zip pocket that takes most of the toot you don't want flying around inside your bag. It also has a pockets for a mobile, pens & one for something such as a season ticket or Oyster card. The flap is also a zipper pocket the runs to the full depth of the bag, this could take things like passports if you are travelling. Overall a jolly good buy & it seems to be indestructible. I'm was so glad I bought it that a got a smaller for when I just want to take a purse & keys. I like the monkey too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great size, a bit lacking on compartments, 31 July 2013
I have been using this bag for about 4 weeks now since it arrived.

The Good - I love the size and shape of the bag, there is room for all of the 'stuff' that I carry and unlike the Baggallini bag I was previously using, the shoulder strap actually manages to stay on my shoulder and doesn't slip off all the time. I also find the internal Key tether really handy so I can grab my keys quickly without having to rummage for them.

The 'could be better' - Unlike the previous bag I had, the Kipling Garan is a bit lacking on internal compartments and zipped pocket areas (there is only one and that is on the inside of the bag). I found that I had to just throw everything into the bag and rummage around when I wanted to find something. I got around this issue by purchasing a hand-bag organiser insert from an online store and now I have a designated place for everything I carry and thus eliminated the 'rummage factor'. I think for the price of the Kipling, they could have added more comparments and sections into the bag for quick and easy access to all your vital stuff.