4.7 out of 5 stars1,408

on 24 February 2013
Just what I expected. I now know exactly where all my crochet hooks are. There is also enough room for my scissors
on 15 July 2013
I have never written a review before but felt compelled to as my crochet hooks have arrived and I am thrilled with them. I was in the middle of crocheting a blanket and thought I would swap the 4mm I was using for the 4mm that came in the pack as there had been comments that the hooks didnt seem to be the right size. All I can say is that, in my opinionand backed up by my 'test' , there is no difference - the stitch was just the same and so was the tension. I think they are fab and a real bargain so dont hesitate. Oh the other thing I liked was they are slightly longer than the ones I had been using which I likenasntheybseem to balance in my hand better.
on 6 April 2013
I love this as it was great for a selection of crochet hooks and was great value for money so I highly recommend this.
22 needles ranging in a wide variety of sizes; 0.6 all the way through to 6.5. The purple case closes with a zip and the needles are kept in place with a plastic strip to either side. I particularly like the coloured needles. I'm lazy and it's nice to just grab the right sized needle by it's colour rather than rummage around to find it!. If I'm being honest these are not the greatest quality needles. The sizing is a little bit speculative, the hooks are sharp, the thinner needles are quite bendy and the case won't last long but; you get what you pay for. I bought this as a starter set for a little girl I'm teaching to crochet and they're fine for that purpose. I wouldn't buy them for myself and would rather spend my money on one good quality needle. Nice place to start though and perfectly OK as a basic set.
on 18 August 2013
I am new to crochet, so wanted a set of hooks that were inexpensive in case I was unsuccessful with the craft. I am delighted with the product. The hooks are comfy to hold, and I am making slow progress...I thought this to be an excellent buy.
22 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2013
Brilliant set of crochet hooks in a wide range of sizes. Excellent value for money, and the larger sizes are great for learning.
on 29 January 2013
worked out well especially for storing and different stitches. Colourful, well packaged and easy to use. Glad I purchased these.
on 28 May 2015
Obviously you get what you pay so I should mention; the aluminium colourful hooks are rather nice, and seem to work pretty nicely, very light in the hand which is nice. However the steel/silver ones are all the same rough size, despite what is printed on them (I've compared to already owned in a few of the sizes and they're definitely not true. My 1mm needle is finer than the 0.6mm in this set by a long shot) and seem to be about 2mm give or take. They hooks are also often wonky compared to the flat grip on the handle. However, as said, you get what you pay for.
review image
on 8 April 2013
Now I have them all and I do not need to go to the shop for searching the right one!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 January 2014
I ordered this set specifically to get the small sizes. It arrived in exactly 14 days and the package fitted through my standard letter box.

The pouch the set came is made in soft vinyl that is coloured purple and has a grained look. The outside looks good but the inside is cheap black vinyl with clear vinyl strips that are spot welded to make loops for the crochet hooks.

Like another reviewer I found I had two of the same size. In my case it is smallest size ie., 0.60mm. but I had just one of each of all the others.

All were straight with the hooks in perfect order, though the hook on one of the 0.60mm size has a smaller hook than the other one but still usable.

I checked the sizes of the hooks from 2.00mm to 6.50mm with my gauge and they are all correct. Unfortunately I have no gauge for the smaller sizes.

As usual there is a size 2.50mm and a 3.50mm. These were continental sizes which became part of the English scene as metric equivalents of old Eng size 12 and old Eng size 9. They are not a perfect conversion. Luckily manufacturers of the two old Eng sizes still manufacture these and they are now named as 2.75mm. and 3.75mm.

These are the hooks in the set. Please remember I have 2 x 0.60 hooks. So you may get a hook that not in this list.

Silver coloured metal =

2 x 0.60mm; 0.85mm; 0.90mm; 1.0mm; 1.1mm; 1.25mm; 1.30mm; Eng size 16 / 1.5mm; 1.6mm; Eng size 15 / 1.75mm; 1.9mm.

Coloured Metal =

Eng size 14 / 2.00mm; 2.50mm; Eng size 11 / 3.00mm; 3.50mm; Eng size 8 / 4.00mm; Eng size 7 / 4.5mm;

Eng size 6 / 5.00mm; Eng size 5 / 5.50mm; Eng size 4 / 6.00mm; Eng size 3 / 6.5mm.

If you only have this set of crochet hooks you are therefore missing =

Eng 13 / 2.25mm. Eng 12 / 2.75mm. Eng 10 / 3.25mm. and Eng 9 / 3.75mm.

There are of course also crochet hooks 7.00mm through to 10mm in existence.

I do have a 20mm one I bought at the wonderful Phildar shop to make a shawl but alas Phildar is no longer in the UK.