4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
The author definitely as some maturing to do but he tells a brilliant story with a great concept to start it off well worth the rea. I'd definitely recommend the book and I can't wit or the neext one
Published 16 months ago by Nathan Oxborrow

3.0 out of 5 stars a new adventure
Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 26 Feb 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good...but!, 16 April 2013
This review is from: The Dragon Knight Order (Kindle Edition)
Interesting concept and quite well written throughout. The English translation seems a little rushed towards the end which is a shame. It is also a shame that it is the only one. I should have checked first and now wait patiently for any follow up novels.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really pleasant surrpise, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Dragon Knight Order (Kindle Edition)
I bought this for my daughter and being at a loose end one day - I thought I would take a look. An hour later - I was well into the book. It's very well written and grabs your attention from the very first line. I pretend to my friends that I only like serious literature - which is why Kindles are so great, no-one can see what your reading. When I read the Phillip Pullman Dark materials series I had to do it in the comfort of my own home. Kindle meant I could read things like the the Hunger Games and pretend I was getting to grips with Tolstoy. I am not suggesting that the author is in that class yet - but there is a lot of potential here. Very entertaining stuff - and my daughter likes it too. A definite win-win.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting start, 28 April 2013
This review is from: The Dragon Knight Order (Kindle Edition)
Nice build up and a good start to what I think will be a very interesting series. Can't wait for the next book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok but could be better, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Dragon Knight Order (Kindle Edition)
Good idea but didn't live upto it's promise. It could have been a good book but the writing didn't flow. Struggled to finish it don't think i'll be reading book 2.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much telling, not enough showing, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Dragon Knight Order (Kindle Edition)
Firstly the concept of the book was great. I loved the whole magic system with dragons. I found the plot was a decent coming of age story, not terribly original but exactly what I was looking for.

What I struggled with was how everything seemed to come so easy for the main character. He didn't seem to have enough challenges and therefore the story lacked any tension.

Lastly, I just didn't like the writing style. I felt as though the author was telling me instead of showing me. Too often I felt like was reading a history book. This had the effect of stripping the story of emotion.

3.0 out of 5 stars a new adventure, 11 Jun 2013
Amazon Customer (Antrim, N Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dragon Knight Order (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book it was a well paced story for a younger reader than me. but it has set up a more fuller story or books to follow on and expand. I got the electronic version of the book for free but I would like to see how the story develops as it seemed to finish too soon, it seem more like a taster or an intro. It has a feel of the Hobbit or Eargon but if had been longer and given you the expanding story would of been 4 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read cannot wait for the next, 8 April 2013
This review is from: The Dragon Knight Order (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this story so much so I wanted the follow up immediately and was disappointed that it was still not available yet. I await the next book and have no doubt anything by this author will be good reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmm, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Dragon Knight Order (Kindle Edition)
One burning question really, so I just need to know when the next instalment is due to grace my kindle`s well used screen

4.0 out of 5 stars multi race fantasy novel, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Dragon Knight Order (Kindle Edition)
Early days- I think there must be more in this series? I want more!! Very easy read. Any age read- as long as you have an imagination

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›