1,002 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality power supply
Cables are minimum 600mm long with the floppy cable reaching 760mm. So plenty of length here for a tower system.
Main connector 24 pin ATX
1x 8pin cpu power connector (8pin/4pin - it splits for compatability)
4x PCI-express cables (8pin/6pin - 2 split off if needed) (I needed 2 for my card so this allows for an sli expansion later on)
8x Sata...
Published 19 months ago by Graham

I have an Intel 4th generation Haswell CPU so I was looking for a compatible PSU. I have heard many good things about Corsair after reading a lot of reviews. I didn’t want to spend more than £70 so this CX750M seemed to fit the bill.
Published 4 months ago by Vardant

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality power supply, 29 May 2013
Main connector 24 pin ATX
1x 8pin cpu power connector (8pin/4pin - it splits for compatability)
8x Sata connectors
6x peripheral 4pin molex style connectors for drives/fans etc.
2x floppy connectors (going unused by me but still useful to have)

Power
+3.3v @ 25A
+5v @ 25A for 130W across 3.3v and 5v combined.
+12v @ 62A for 744W max (Very nice for even the most demanding graphics cards)
-12v @ 0.8A for 9.6W
+5Vsb @ 3A for 15W

Accessories
1 mains power cable (3 pin uk) with molded plug + fuse
A bag of black cable ties for tidying up your new cable jungle.
4 screws for mounting the psu.

It went in without a bother and is quieter than my case fans.
I give this 5 stars because this is a bargain (currently 30% off rrp) for what you get from a quality maker of hardware plus this is 80+ Bronze efficiency rated and comes with a 3 year guarantee .
This has more cables and power than I currently need so plenty of room for later expansion.
I was considering the 600w cable management version but for the difference of a few pence it was silly not to get this one.

For something that is attached to all your hardware and a critical piece of kit, you do not want to skimp on quality with a psu, it is worth it for having peace of mind rather than the false economy of buying some cheap high wattage psu that could fail in less than 2 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful PSU, 16 Feb 2013
This PSU is quite powerful at 62A on the 12V rails and I got it for a nice price at around £65 and is currently powering my machine that has an i5 3570k, a EVGA GTX 680 SC and 16gb of corsair vengeance and it is quiet about it.

2.0 out of 5 stars I have heard many good things about Corsair after reading a lot of reviews, 14 Aug 2014
The modular cables were a nice touch for a PSU of this size. The 80+ bronze certification is pretty average in this day and age but acceptable or what I need it for. So far so good.

However, after I installed it, it was far from perfect or even passable. Here are my issues;

1) Coil whine and electrical noise. There is a reason why this PSU is priced as it is. The parts used by Corsair seem to be below average. The noise is even audible even when the PC isn’t even on. It just needs live power connected to it!

2) The 120mm fan is not quiet at all. What makes it even stranger is that it uses a sleeve bearing fan, which are supposedly up to 3dB quieter than their ball bearing counterpart.

I ended up buying an Antec Earthwatts 650W Platinum which cost a bit more but it works like a dream. This Antec PSU is everything this Corsair PSU isn’t.

I cannot recommend this PSU to anyone who wants a quiet PSU.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Good, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU (Personal Computers)
Ill dive straight in

Pros
It is very quiet and as your playing doing tasks or whatever on your computer you are not going to hear it.
All cables needed are included as well as some removable ones, in case you don't need them.
The cables are sheathed to stop them from being damaged
Supports bottom mounted and top mounted PSU installation
There are stickers on either side of the box so that you can read the model number and name either way if it's installed up or down in the case.
It remains cool and will supply easily enough energy for your graphics card

Cons
one problem, mine didn't come with a sticker but that is the least of my worries;
overall the quality is extremely good and this PSU performs excellently. Well worth the money

Note
I had a cheap PSU 500w that kept surging the motherboard, luckily it din't damage any components. That is why i purchased a new PSU

4.0 out of 5 stars corsair builder cx series 500 watt, 25 Aug 2013
This item was delivered on time..fitted to old desktop in no time..real easy to fit and what a difference its almost silent.brought my old pc back to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent power supply., 9 Mar 2014
This PSU is from a very reputable company. The build quality is awesome, the efficiency is fantastic and it powers many different PC parts with ease. It runs cool and quiet.

It runs these parts with no problems:

MSI Micro ATX motherboard
1TB HDD
AMD Radeon R9 270X (Windforce, Gigabyte)
4x Arctic cooling F12 fans (full rpm)
1x Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo
1x AMD Athlon 750K (overclocked to 4.0ghz)
8gb RAM

1.0 out of 5 stars I mistakenly ignored the reviews about faulty units, 15 Dec 2014
I regularly have to setup motherboards as part of my job. I bought this power supply as part of PC build for myself. I connected everything up, booted first time, installed the OS, etc. After 60 mins, it turned off and wouldn't turn back on. I had to strip the whole thing down and the motherboard still had no signs of life. It wouldn't even boot to the BIOS.

Luckily, I could temporarily swap power supplies after trying every other debugging step. With an old power supply the board booted up absolutely fine and has had no issues since. Literally, after 60 mins, the power supply died.

I'm returning this for a replacement and would absolutely not recommend buying this. Don't ignore the reviews about faulty units. The Corsair CX series seems to have some serious quality control issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cheap gaming builds., 8 Sep 2013
Using this PSU to power my build of, AMD FX-6300, 8GB Corsair 1600MHZ Ram, Nvidia Geoforce GTX 650Ti, Sandisk 128GB SSD and a 2TB Seagate Barracuda drive. Anything more powerful than this and I would recommend bumping up to the CX500M model for modular cables, but is a great and quite PSU otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice upgrade, 4 Sep 2013
I have been waiting to get a modular PSU for some time now.

My old power cool PSU died so it finally forced my hand to buy this gem.

Not much to say really. Comes with a 3 year warranty. Plenty of cables.

Cables are a little stiff as other reviews have mentioned which could make it harder to a super duper tidy system.

However, the cables are thin and all black so really aren't obtrusive as they could be.

The 750 should provide plenty of power for future upgrades.

Overall a great buy and I'm very happy and would recommend this PSU to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive quality and silent power supply, 26 Feb 2013
I bought this power supply because my old 1 broke. I specifically chose this Corsair CX430 due to its 80%+ efficiency and its reputation for being very quiet.
I am very pleased with my purchase. I have used it for 3-4 days now and it is completely silent, something i am very pleased about.
I am also very impressed with the build quality, especially since it is not one of Corsair's high end PSUs.