5.0 out of 5 stars Good reading
As a free app the news media is ahead of it rivals and as a whole it is of good reading (sports, entertainment etc.)
Published on 6 Feb. 2013 by Norah

2.0 out of 5 stars Great - if you're optically challenged
Published 23 months ago by guilbo

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reading, 6 Feb. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great paper, 31 Jan. 2013
mark winter - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Metro Digital Edition (App)
I really enjoy reading this newspaper and was delighted when this app became available. Once installed it automatically downloads the current days newspaper (25mb ish).

Having used this app for the past few days I have found it very good. The text is very clear and easy to read, but it is a little too large, and cannot be re-sized. The app displays the paper in portrait. This works fine, but it would be nice to have the choice of viewing landscape too.

In summary a great app and a great newspaper. The only slight disappointments are the lack of customisation. It would be nice to re-size the text and view the paper landscape. That aside I highly recommend this app.

5.0 out of 5 stars great format great paper, 21 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Metro Digital Edition (App)
Happy to see metro now on kindle fire. Works well and gives me my metro fix for the day. Well done metro for remembering there aren't just Apple users out there

5.0 out of 5 stars good digital copy, 5 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Metro Digital Edition (App)
I sometimes don't get the chance to grab a metro so this is ideal allowing me my daily metro fix without having to leave the house.

4.0 out of 5 stars Metro App, 6 Feb. 2013
JMcC (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Metro Digital Edition (App)
I've been quite impressed with this - especially as a 'freebie'. I rather like the Metro, and as I don't commute the way I used to, rarely get to read it. This easy-to-use app has enabled me to get a free daily newspaper for my Kindle Fire. I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Metro, 5 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Metro Digital Edition (App)
This is quite good and works well. You can down load each day if you wish to read a free London paper

4.0 out of 5 stars Good News, 4 Feb. 2013
A. Rodriguez (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Metro Digital Edition (App)
Very ood free on line newspaper makes keeping up to date easy without manually having to go via the internet

2.0 out of 5 stars Great - if you're optically challenged, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Metro Digital Edition (App)
Decent newspaper but the font is so huge it would only be comfortable to read if my arms were twice their length. An average of about 6 words per line is just plain headache inducing. The help page says the Kindle edition can vary the text size but I'm blowed if I can find a setting. Until I do I'd rather read the printed version (sorry trees) or use the BBC News app which is a major improvement although it lacks reviews and puzzles.

I have eventually worked out how to delete a copy which is no longer required. Again the app help contains misinformation:

- Go to the page showing the issues.
- At the top-left there is a Metro logo with the word "Store" beside it. Tap "Store"
- This gives 2 choices, "Store" and "Library". Tap "Library".
- This will show the issues you have stored locally. Do a linger on the one you want to delete and you will be given the option to remove it.

EDIT...Just noticed the entry field for the caption competition doesn't work either, it doesn't pop up a keyboard and is therefore useless.

2.0 out of 5 stars Metro great but app not, 28 Feb. 2013
Tim (Walsall, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Metro Digital Edition (App)
I love the Metro newspaper and thought it would be great to have it on my kindle fire hd. The app works well enough but the text font is just WAY TOO BIG. I suspect it was designed with smart phones in mind but it does not translate well to tablet. Have tried to preserve for a couple of weeks but now deleted. A shame because I like the content.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total waste of time !!!!!, 8 Feb. 2013
Mr. S. Logan - See all my reviews
This review is from: Metro Digital Edition (App)
Download ok to my fire hd but when opening the metro all I got was metro has stopped working. Total waste of my time and another let down regarding apps not working .

Metro Digital Edition