4.0 out of 5 stars The HARDEST man in Britain
Published on 10 Jan. 2006

2.0 out of 5 stars One big ego trip....
Published on 15 Feb. 2013 by basilbrush

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The HARDEST man in Britain, 10 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Tax Man (Hardcover)
I have read many crime books based on 'so called' hard men, and I have read most of Stephen Richards books. To date I have been unimpressed with the stores of the McLean's, Kray's, Courtney's etc. I was however impressed with the story of Brian Cockerill. Big Bri is a true hard man and I'd like to see anyone challenge him for the title of hardest man in Britain.
As usual Stephen Richards has brought us a real life book that is presented in such a way we can feel part of the experience of Brian. Most other books are written in a way that makes these other hard men 'untouchable'. A definite recomendation.
Brian Cockerill, second only to the late Viv Graham.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff - enjoyed alot, 10 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Tax Man (Hardcover)
Very good insight into the world that many of us only dream about - real people with real circumstances make it an excellent read for all.
Cockerill relays excellently the situation surrounding the life he lived and described the characters positively yet intermately along the way.
Very good reading

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD READING, 9 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Tax Man (Hardcover)
Cracking view on life in teeside - real life, real feel, real names. Cockerill claims to be the hardest man - nobody seems to challange that fact?
Very interesting raw but effective reading
buy it now

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing truth, 11 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Tax Man (Hardcover)
I must say that the Taxman gives a real insight into the way life operates in the North East underworld
Real life drama, nail biting honesty - good read - buy it now

2.0 out of 5 stars One big ego trip...., 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Tax Man (Paperback)
Really disappointing. Normally I love this genre - crime, underworld, gangs - but this was a book lacking any storyline just a series of pages where the reader learns about yet another lad he has brayed. He makes himself out to some Robin Hood type figure but for me the book just serves as a way to massage one huge ego. Normally you feel some respect for the subject matter (in most of the books I have read anyhow), but I kept thinking that I would like this guy to be given a taste of his own medicine and be brought down to earth. The book was poorly written. One for a car-boot sale and I never normally let my books go.....

1.0 out of 5 stars The tax man, 25 Nov. 2013
joy page (west yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tax Man - The True Story of the Hardest Man in Britain (Kindle Edition)
Save your money,why would anyone need to sprout about what they have beaten up and hurt through their life,thought it was a story about doormen ( which it was partly) but all the bad language as well,save your money Joy Page Yorkshire

1.0 out of 5 stars Take out the "C" word and the books reduces by 30%, 9 Nov. 2013
This is the poorest attempt at story telling I have ever read. Somewhere along the line there seems to be some attempt to describe the subject as a social services operative and Robin Hood returned. How did he know (and remember) who many breaks he caused of the hundreds of jaws he broke. Strangely enough, I lived in Teeside during his "reign" and knew many CID, Drug Squad, and Regional Crime guys and never heard his name mentioned!

1.0 out of 5 stars Load of rubbish, 22 April 2015
How does anyone fight two decent fighters never mind 20 get real , this is one big ego trip its just page after page of I'm hard I'm strong , how do you recall every break an punch from every fight its so boring there's no real story it just babble , I'm from Teesside lived here all my life an was interested to find about about brian as he was a name same as Lee Duffy but there's nothing in this book but accounts of injurys an how many people you were taking on , I think the author has let you down badly here brian there's just no real story .

4.0 out of 5 stars ochmister review, 9 Jan. 2009
This review is from: The Tax Man (Paperback)
I found this to be a very honest read- no lies or made up stories, this guy is the real deal. I have read lenny macleans book and read about the infamous lee duffy and viv graham, but brian to me is more superior and more the REAL DEAL. I recommend this book as this guy is the best.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, 31 July 2013
This book interested me for the fact I spent my teen years on lakes estate in Redcar so it was good to hear a lot of the places mentioned. However, although this book is worth the money it got a bit repetitive. Every page someone was getting a hiding. It's a shame we didn't get to know more about this man other than he is tough

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›