5.0 out of 5 stars Hurt's like hell
I picked up this book from my local store on Saturday afternoon. I then read it within eight hours as it was so shocking that I couldn't put it down.

Sara Davies book is one of the most horrific stories that I've read in a long while. Throughout reading the book I laughed, cried and felt very angered at times.

This author deserves nothing but...
Published on 10 July 2006 by Rosy

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrible story
The story of Sara's upbringing is tragic to as the least. The first half of the book is engaging and well written, however, midway the story and writing appears jumpy and sentences long winded and repetitive. Still, it's an interesting read.
Published 16 months ago by Melissa

5.0 out of 5 stars Running From The\Devil, 17 July 2006
This review is from: Running from the Devil (Hardcover)
What an excellent Memoir. This book made me cry from the start, but by the end I almost felt as though I was there with her cheering her on as she put her life back together. How can a man be so evil to a little girl? Sara Davies was subjected to years of abuse at the hands of her father. From the age of five she was subjected to violence and molestation at his hands and others who he sold her to.

Yet with no support from her family, she has somehow survived.

Most books that I've read on this subject have been ghost-written, although they have still touched my soul, this book seemed more real as she did an excellent job of writing it herself. What determination from a single mother of 6 -with little education.

This book has proved that no matter what these sick individuals try to do to these children, they can never take away the stong-willed human spirit of a survivor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Running from the Devil, 16 July 2006
This review is from: Running from the Devil (Hardcover)
When I first picked this book up - I was hooked straight away! Mainly because I read the cover and saw that the author had left school at 13 and then gone on to be a single mother of 6. How she managed to write her life story I will never know, but I'm so glad that she did, because this book helped me an awful lot! Being a survivor myself I feel that I have learned a lot from this book.

It's made me realise that, like Sara explains so wonderfuly in her book, I'm not alone!

Thanks Hun!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars compeling, 27 July 2007
J. E. Nicholson "isadorn" (hampshire england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Running from the Devil (Paperback)
its the first biography i have read by an unknown, its was compeling reading, unbelievable in parts, but cried out thisis true. and show how society had failed her and many more like her. I took guts to put into words. It was written with a kind of niavatiy. However I did not put he book the down once I had started reading it. A very well done to her and may she have a happy life

5.0 out of 5 stars An insperational read!, 22 July 2007
Ms. Emma Pears "Lou Lou" (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Running from the Devil (Paperback)
From the moment i started this book, i found it hard to put it down. I found Sara's journey distressing yet inspirational. A child's life is so precious, why should they have to endure this sort of beginning to life. Sara proves that no matter what sort of start to life you encure, this can't and shouldn't hold you back from your full potential.Sara is an inspiration to all single mother's and to childern who have been abused. I highly recommend this book. Well done Sara if only there were more people like you to speak up about your abusers and the abuse you had to keep bottled up for so many years.Lets hope eventually, we as a Community can bring this sort of sick act to an end. Amazing! xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Running from the Devil, 5 July 2007
S. Lloyd - See all my reviews
This review is from: Running from the Devil (Paperback)
I could not put this book down, a heart felt/tearful biography, but also a disturbing read to know that these things happen in the real world. She is a very brave woman!

2.0 out of 5 stars Shocking, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Running From The Devil - How I Survived a Stolen Childhood (Kindle Edition)
The author of this book has been to hell and back. A disturbing account of unbelievable abuse, an unloving and uncaring Mother with a revolting, disgusting beast of a Father. The abuse that this woman underwent by almost everyone she came into contact with is shocking.

5.0 out of 5 stars running from the devil, 24 Feb 2009
Mrs. B. Henstridge (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Running from the Devil (Paperback)
This book was a really good read. It was like reading a reveiw of real life people that i know personally, and to a degree of my own life. this lady is so brave to write about it, and im sure it helped her out in her life too. Abuse is going on in more families than what we realise, and after reading this book, i think more people would report it too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, disturbing yet, gripping!!, 17 July 2006
This review is from: Running from the Devil (Hardcover)
From the moment I started reading this book, I was hooked. This heartbreaking, but yet uplifting biography made me so angry at times that I wished myself in the same room as her mother and father for a few seconds-just to give them a piece of my mind. I have never read such a disturbing book or ever admired an author so much. What unbelievable suffering this woman experienced from such a young age. It's amazing that she found the courage to write this book at all. I finished reading the book in a day, but have spent days since unable to stop thinking about Sara Davies life. It's shocking, disturbing, sad but above all shows how the human spirit can overcome unbelievable abuse.

I'd like to patt this author on the back, and give her a big hug! What a disgracful, unsupportive family the poor woman has had.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, 8 Feb 2013
I found myself feeling that she brought a lot of trouble on by her own actions and felt little sympathy for her at many points in the book. She clearly didn't deserve the cruel treatment but she constantly threw away chances to escape. I thought she was stronger than that, so I was left feeling confused.

3.0 out of 5 stars running? yes you can read this book in a flash, 27 Mar 2007
This review is from: Running from the Devil (Hardcover)
Pretty good narrative, yet you don't really get you're money's worth. Without its harback cover this book would be quite flimsy. Don't you feel a little cheated when a books hyped, you finally get it and, it takes all of 3-4 hours to read. However this book is a very interesting read. Traumatic, harrowing and heartbreaking.