5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended
I decided to buy this product because I was looking for a relatively inexpensive T-Shirt to wear in the gym that would keep me cool and not show my visible sweat patches.

Published 7 months ago by PPS076

3.0 out of 5 stars Why do you need compression at all times?
The "Short-sleeved Under Armour Men's HeatGear® Compression Shirt Sonic" is an outstanding function shirt. It is highly breathable, lightweight, wrinkle-free and is available in various colors. It is an extremely skin-tight and figure-hugging "slim fit". For this quality it is a bargain and in the spring and summer a real eye-catcher.
Unfortunately,...
Published 29 days ago by ARMOUR_FAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 27 Aug. 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

The product is made of high quality material that is fit for purpose. It has an unique design and is light, soft, comfortable and flexible. Although I only have a reasonably good body, I found that the product made my body look more toned and muscular which was an added bonus.

I am a 13st 0lb relatively muscular male with a small belly and found that the L size fitted me very well. I had bought a reasonably similar product many years ago and found that although I am usually a M size (fairy tight fitting), it's best to go one size up from your normal T-Shirt size.

When I wore it to the gym for the first time, I expected to be freezing cold because the gym never put the heating on but it kept me warmer than I expected. When I got warm during my workout, it kept me cooler than usual and did not produce a massive sweat patch on my back like cotton T-Shirts do. It absorbed the sweat really well and stopped me from smelling of body odour.

When I washed it at 30 Deg C, sensitive for 45 mins and dried it on my washing line I found that the cleaning process did not damage the product and it dried very quickly.

At £17.86 with free delivery (price as I write this review), I believe that this T-Shirt offers very good value for money given the price tag and effectiveness of the product and would therefore recommend it.

If you wish to provide feedback on this review then please follow the link below.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the price, 25 May 2013
S. sayers (bolton) - See all my reviews
I bought this to go under a cheap cotton boxing t-shirt. It does a great job of drawing the sweat out and keeping me cooler in a hot gym. It doesn't ride up or isn't too tight or loose. When I leave boxing I remove my cheap t shirt and just walk to the car in the under armour, it surprising how cold you get instantly, it's great if you can't shower at the gym etc. I bought a Large size, Im about 5'9 with a medium build and I would say the shirt is a good fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 6 Jun. 2013
second one I've ordered, very quick delivery, and product is at a very good price! Keeps you warm but as you become to hot the sweat seems to just disappear

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compression top, 16 July 2013
D. Angell (England) - See all my reviews
I love this top - great fit, great quality and perfect for both gym and running. I've always purchased Nike Pro Combat tops until now and these are better!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, 26 Jun. 2013
Great product. Exactly what I was looking for and looks great. Excellent value for money also. Fit a little tight for a large though.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 24 May 2013
Very good base layer like most Under Armour tops, sweat wicks away leaving you comfortable and dry next to the skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 July 2013
perfect for gym. excellent fit, breathable.Elastic makes it more comfortable unlike other loose t-shirts which may restrict for some workouts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tight like a tiger, 27 April 2013
R. McMahon "Roo1980" (Outside Paul Ross's House) - See all my reviews
Just had my first outing in this tshirt (14 mile run) and it performed very well. Very comfy and no chaffing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Why do you need compression at all times?, 28 Feb. 2015
ARMOUR_FAN (Magdeburg, GERMANY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Under Armour Sonic Compression Men's T-Shirt (Misc.)
Unfortunately, this is true for the "UNDER ARMOUR Men's Shirt Fitted HeatGear® Sonic Short-sleeved" too. Only the "extremely" is excluded.
If you order the "Fitted Short-sleeve" one size smaller, you have a "compression shirt". (The photo on the website Amazon.de shows probably one size greater than regular size.)
About how you'll find your size, I spoke at length in my review of "UNDER ARMOUR Storm Rival Hoodie". But here are two examples: body height 180 cm (5'11"), weight 88 kg (193,6 lbs), chest 105 cm (41 in) corresponds to the size L; body height 180 cm (5'11"), weight 77 kg (169,4 lbs) and chest 102 cm (40 in) is size M.
In these sizes, the shirt is snug fitted like a second skin. If you want a "compression feeling" you should order at least one size smaller. But I would advise against it. It would not get anything done, because the shirt stays snugly easy, due to the extreme extensibility of the Sonic fabric.
For care: If machine washing, Short laundry and 30 to 40 °C water temperature, mild detergent and no fabric softener. I would rinse it after washing with clean water and hang wet. Hand wash but I would recommend.

But I can not help myself, I strongly recommend you the "UA HeatGear® Fitted Mens Shirt Short-Sonic". It is ordered in the correct size, the better shirt and a "slim fit" it emphasizes a well-defined upper body very well. All of you who are bodybuilders should therefore dispense with the "Compression Short", because it makes your chest only "constricted". The "Fitted" puts your chest and shoulder muscles into an effective display . For all other athlets and runners among us the "Fitted" is sufficient also. Extremely breathable and much more comfortable to wear. No sliding, pull down the shirt bottom hem. (A point which I 've noticed particularly and was disturbing me as well.)

As a base layer along with a hoodie or functional T-shirt the "compression shirt" is recommended for the following use. When you start running and want to lose weight (have a body fat percentage of more than 22%), then you should use the "Compression Shirt" for your running workout. It provides a moderate support of your torso, especially your back muscles. The effect is this: Take two 2.5 kg of potato bags and try to balance them with your arms outstretched and go up a flight of stairs. Then, with the same amount in a plastic bowl. If you have not fallen down, you did probably realize that it is easier to transport the bowl. Your arm muscles had less to do.
So this shirt gives a support , although moderate, but while jogging your back will thank you for it. Because of this "compression shirt" has clad my belly and love handles so well, I dared to run amongst other people even in competition.(Alas, very poor effort.) Back then I've worn size L and put on a cotton T-shirt over it. This was not a good idea. Have naturally disturbed breathability. Mistakes happen.

Unfortunately, the "Men Compression Shirt Short-sleeved HeatGear® Sonic" is a shirt that will satisfy the demand for compression garments. (They are all the fashion currently.)
At present time everything, which is fitted snugly, is called compression. Except for compression stockings I have to file no knowledge of any compression classes that might enable me to put this "compressionshirt" in perspective of its effect. My verdict: No compression, so I can give no more than THREE stars.
I know that this judgment is very subjective, but independent researches on the benefits of compression garment do not exist. But this topic is quite controversial. Let they fight.
If you want, however, compression on the upper body, I recommend the "COMPRESSPORT - PFAT - PFAT - Sports Sleeve - Unisex". (so called at Amazon.de) Compression sleeves I'm sure of. Other manufacturers are SKINS, Rehband and X-Bionic. If you want to search the internet. Off you go !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, great price, 14 Sept. 2014
Great compression top, does the job perfectly. Keeps everything from moving around when I'm running which can only be a good thing :). Have a few of these now and got them for less than £7 which is fantastic value. Being a compression top they are obviously very tight. I went for an XL and feel that if I'd got a size lower it would have been far too small. I'm usually a L/XL in most t-shirts depending on style (i.e Chunk t-shirt XL, Levi's Polo L, Lacoste Polo L1212 size 5 etc).
Would not hesitate to pick up some more in the future

Under Armour Sonic Compression Men's T-Shirt