on 9 July 2013
Well, it arrived in time as promised as it is FBA.

The item has poor quality edges around and lose on the lid side so I fear it is going to put marks on the MAC.

The overall surface material is fingerprint magnet and very hard to clean

2 stars for giving my MAC somewhat protection.
on 7 February 2014
bought it for my boyfriend who recently purchased the macbook but was getting a little scratched carrying it around and laying it down. When ordering it, you have to mention macbook pro with retina display as it is a little smaller than the original macbook. I ordered one before this one which was bigger so had to return it. He liked this one as it fixes like a glove. Now he carries it around the house without worrying.
It came right on time and would recommend it for whoever wants to protect their MacBooks
on 29 November 2013
Fits my mac perfectly. Protects it from scratches and damage. Has the apple logo cut out so shines through but not a great feature as dust can become trapped in there.
Overall good product for a low price.
on 3 September 2013
description stated backlit logo shines through when actually theres a cut out.... not what i ordered but case is amazing to look at great feel and texture (got the baby blue version) slit matte feel too.

but took a day longer than expected, and dirt can now easily get into the case and case marks

must buy though for the mac
on 2 March 2014
Bought this case yesterday (Saturday) and was surprised that Amazon's One-Day-Delivery delivers on a Sunday. Was very happy with the next day delivery!

Even though it states on the title of the product that it fits the "Late 2012" model, I have the "Late 2013" model and it fits perfectly and I was able to fit it without any trouble.

I read the reviews but seemed to have missed the reviews that stated that, on the back panel the Apple logo is a cut-out.

I only have two problems. Firstly, the Apple logo cut-out does not seem to be precise, only looking at it closely will you be able to notice that the cut out has not either been cut and sanded down properly. Since I won't really be looking at the back of my Macbook Pro, it will not bother me as much.

The second problem is the support feet of the case is made out of foam and I feel that perhaps over time of using it, it might compress and cause it to sink. Not saying that you're going to be putting a lot of force when typing but it's a possibility of the foam feet to sink.

Overall, it is something that you might consider if you don't want a premium laptop of £1000+ to have either it's bottom or back scratched. It hardly adds any bulk and I am able to fit it perfectly in the AmazonBasic sleeve I purchased with this hard case!
on 14 April 2013
The quality of this product is great and I'm delighted with the way it fits and looks ... I ordered pink and received red, but liked it so much I kept it ... Looks funky and was easy to apply, the apple logo is fully visible through neat cut out... most of all it provides essential protection for this prized possession. A great buy for the money, swift delivery too ...
on 11 June 2013
This is a good product. It fits like a glove and I'm generally happy that it will do its job.

But ...the photo is misleading. It's a more pastel lilac than the deep purple of the photo. It might be a bit girly for some guys! I wasn't disappointed enough to replace it, but would have chosen blue if I'd realised. Also note that the Apple logo is cut out.
on 21 January 2014
It's important to understand that this case is for the 13" Macbook Pro WITH RETINA display, not without. So basically, the newest version. However, it's also worth noting that the picture of the item shown isn't quite the one you're getting.

The case I received is a nicely fitting, lovely coloured case. However, the apple sign is cut out of the case and it doesn't quite sit fit against the metal of the macbook. There is definitely room for air.

The case is nothing to be frowned upon though, it fits well and is a nice little touch to my new macbook. I'm still happy with it for the money I paid. As I said though, it's not what it says on the tin but it is still worth buying as a macbook case in general!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This cover was purchased for my 2013 rMBP.

As is always the way with Amazon Prime, it was promptly delivered, and whilst my first impressions of the shell weren't that good, by the time I'd fitted it to the Macbook my mind had changed.

It snapped on easily, is a snug fit, and its slightly rubberised outer texture makes it much easier to carry and I can carry with a little more ease knowing that my MBP has just a little more protection.

It's not overly thick, so it doesn't add much weight or thickness to the laptop. I don't think that it would withstand very much of a drop, but it will protect it from bumps and scratches.
on 10 May 2013
i really dont think the case is designed for Macbook pro retina... seems that the case is for old macbook pro.