Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£24.49

on 1 August 2013
A week of holiday time to 'waste' and nowt much to fill it with... I know, I'll buy some books for my Kindle. And buy, I did!! Having read the original Odd Thomas book when it first came out, I decided that this collection would probably take me to the end of the summer. Well, I was wrong... I've read 3 out the 5 books in 4 and 1/2 days. I might even be done by the end of the week.
Dean Koontz writing style is a little TOO descriptive and he does get a tad bit... umm.... busy with the gosh darned big words. I actually had to look a few up, but it learn me good. Ha... He does also like to digress a weeny bit as well, which can be annoying when you just want to get on with the story. THAT being said, you just can't put the books down. They are horribly addictive!
on 23 July 2013
Truth be told, I've only read a handful of Koontz' other works but with Odd Thomas, he's created a character that despite his wild and supernatural experiences, is as simple and pure a human as can be. A saga of dark fantasy, the blend of action, wit and social opinion and emotion make this a set of books that you'll devour from the first paragraph to the last word!
on 2 April 2016
I bought this months ago and I finally finished the bundle tonight. The reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is because I did struggle with the books individually and as a whole. That may just be because I read them with minimal breaks between each book. I have grown to really like Odd Thomas and surrounding characters. It was well written and I have seen the movie based on the first book. It was one occasion where the film stuck to the core of the book. I have purchased book 6 on the back of these so I am immersed in the world of the odd one.
on 27 June 2014
Loved all 5 books, wonderful reads. Can't wait to read the next book & other books & then the graphic novels.
on 20 September 2013
outstanding read, love odd he's like a member of the family, this is one series i just could not put down.
on 26 January 2015
Not worth buying the set as only two of the set were a good read. Odd Thomas and Brother Odd were very good but the others were relentlessly stuck on one theme so I found myself scanning needless description and the reiteration of Odd's background in order to get to the 'interesting bits'.
on 5 September 2015
I initially started these Odd stories with Odd Interlude. I found this collection and carried on. Great writing, ideas, morality, characters and all round fun. As dark as you like with as much weight to the story but never overwhelming enough to bog you down. Looking for to my Odd journey.
on 25 February 2015
What a journey. Strange, scarry, mystifying,exciting and more. Odds journeys delve into the human psychy in ways we don't even know ourselves. Not for anyone who has not got the biggest of imaginations
on 24 December 2014
Huge depth to the characters. Every bit as good as Stephen King, which is high praise indeed.
First Dean Koontz I have read and is proving to be a fantastic introduction to this author.
on 22 April 2015
Didn't finish this book - far too much insignificant detail, more like a Stephen king novel. Love all the Odd books so far except this one. Bored rigid throughout