1,104 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality power supply
Cables are minimum 600mm long with the floppy cable reaching 760mm. So plenty of length here for a tower system.
Main connector 24 pin ATX
1x 8pin cpu power connector (8pin/4pin - it splits for compatability)
4x PCI-express cables (8pin/6pin - 2 split off if needed) (I needed 2 for my card so this allows for an sli expansion later on)
8x Sata...
Published 20 months ago by Graham

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to send back...
Ordered as part of a new build. However after trying to test boot nothing happened. My initial thoughts were it must be a dead motherboard. After some troubleshooting and studying I concluded it was the PSU. emailed amazon and they sent out a replacement the next day. It arrived and the PC is now up and running.

Overall good unit and plenty of room to upgrade...
Published 4 months ago by AlexB

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality power supply, 29 May 2013
Main connector 24 pin ATX
1x 8pin cpu power connector (8pin/4pin - it splits for compatability)
8x Sata connectors
6x peripheral 4pin molex style connectors for drives/fans etc.
2x floppy connectors (going unused by me but still useful to have)

Power
+3.3v @ 25A
+5v @ 25A for 130W across 3.3v and 5v combined.
+12v @ 62A for 744W max (Very nice for even the most demanding graphics cards)
-12v @ 0.8A for 9.6W
+5Vsb @ 3A for 15W

Accessories
1 mains power cable (3 pin uk) with molded plug + fuse
A bag of black cable ties for tidying up your new cable jungle.
4 screws for mounting the psu.

It went in without a bother and is quieter than my case fans.
I give this 5 stars because this is a bargain (currently 30% off rrp) for what you get from a quality maker of hardware plus this is 80+ Bronze efficiency rated and comes with a 3 year guarantee .
This has more cables and power than I currently need so plenty of room for later expansion.
I was considering the 600w cable management version but for the difference of a few pence it was silly not to get this one.

For something that is attached to all your hardware and a critical piece of kit, you do not want to skimp on quality with a psu, it is worth it for having peace of mind rather than the false economy of buying some cheap high wattage psu that could fail in less than 2 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Good, 6 May 2013
Ill dive straight in

Pros
It is very quiet and as your playing doing tasks or whatever on your computer you are not going to hear it.
All cables needed are included as well as some removable ones, in case you don't need them.
The cables are sheathed to stop them from being damaged
Supports bottom mounted and top mounted PSU installation
There are stickers on either side of the box so that you can read the model number and name either way if it's installed up or down in the case.
It remains cool and will supply easily enough energy for your graphics card

Cons
one problem, mine didn't come with a sticker but that is the least of my worries;
overall the quality is extremely good and this PSU performs excellently. Well worth the money

Note
I had a cheap PSU 500w that kept surging the motherboard, luckily it din't damage any components. That is why i purchased a new PSU

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful PSU, 16 Feb. 2013
This PSU is quite powerful at 62A on the 12V rails and I got it for a nice price at around £65 and is currently powering my machine that has an i5 3570k, a EVGA GTX 680 SC and 16gb of corsair vengeance and it is quiet about it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to send back..., 29 Sept. 2014

Overall good unit and plenty of room to upgrade. Good but disappointed to receive a faulty unit. Never had this since or before though!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent power supply., 9 Mar. 2014
This PSU is from a very reputable company. The build quality is awesome, the efficiency is fantastic and it powers many different PC parts with ease. It runs cool and quiet.

It runs these parts with no problems:

MSI Micro ATX motherboard
1TB HDD
AMD Radeon R9 270X (Windforce, Gigabyte)
4x Arctic cooling F12 fans (full rpm)
1x Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo
1x AMD Athlon 750K (overclocked to 4.0ghz)
8gb RAM

1.0 out of 5 stars I mistakenly ignored the reviews about faulty units, 15 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Corsair Builder Series CXM 750W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU (Accessory)
I regularly have to setup motherboards as part of my job. I bought this power supply as part of PC build for myself. I connected everything up, booted first time, installed the OS, etc. After 60 mins, it turned off and wouldn't turn back on. I had to strip the whole thing down and the motherboard still had no signs of life. It wouldn't even boot to the BIOS.

Luckily, I could temporarily swap power supplies after trying every other debugging step. With an old power supply the board booted up absolutely fine and has had no issues since. Literally, after 60 mins, the power supply died.

I'm returning this for a replacement and would absolutely not recommend buying this. Don't ignore the reviews about faulty units. The Corsair CX series seems to have some serious quality control issues.

1.0 out of 5 stars It Looks Cool and is very very silent, 15 Dec. 2014
I will not send it back but i regret the moment i installed it. It Looks Cool and is very very silent, but everyone has the same problem that it keeps beeping so annoyingly not too loud but if you are watching a movie or using just windows you can not concentrate. It is world wide a faulty product i read. Pfff . Otherwise it keeps very clean my case inside and very organize. SOme few people doesnt have it with that beeping noise,. Lucky them.

4.0 out of 5 stars corsair builder cx series 500 watt, 25 Aug. 2013
This item was delivered on time..fitted to old desktop in no time..real easy to fit and what a difference its almost silent.brought my old pc back to life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy and buzzing fan (after Amazon 30 day limit) means we have completely wasted our money, 10 Dec. 2014
After a few hours of use fan becomes incredibly noisy, and even buzzes for a while, but it has only started doing this after 30 days have gone by so cannot get a refund through Amazon (ordered at end of October). Will cost to send back to Corsair and then if they agreed it's a fault they would only send a replacement which we absolutely don't want. Have totally lost confidence in Corsair Power Supply Units. Will probably buy BeQuiet! PSU as a replacement. Summary this is a cheap but not at all cheerful product. We will avoid all Corsair Power Supply Units from now on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware faulty units!, 12 Dec. 2014
I bought this power supply to replace one that had completly died on me. I saw the hundreds of reviews with 4 to 5 stars and as usual I ignored the 1 and 2 star ones - saying "these are probably one offs". Little did I know that I was about to become one of those "one offs".

My intial thoughts when I first took this out is damn, I made a mistake. I thought I was buying the semi-modular model without realising I had to select it from a drop down. A clumsy mistake. I will blame the fact that I did this on my phone (as I said, the power supply on my computer was dead!).

But what a mistake it was. Compared with my previous one, there were so many wires! Too many in fact. I appreciated some of the extra ones as I had a couple of converters with the existing psu that I was able to remove, but there were then far too many!

The other problem was that the way that my computer is set up, the orientation of the SATA power cables were the wrong way, and so I have had to twist it awkwardly for all 3 of my SATA devices. I am prepared to say that this is just my computer and not everyone will have this problem. But part of me thinks that it isn't. It is standard setup to have SATA devices at the front and the PSU at the back, and it is standard to have them all the right way up!

Anyway, I pressed on. I managed to plug everything in, and did my best to tidy the plenty of other cables that there were left over. 1 positive is that they provided some cable ties albeit small ones, but still, I found them useful so well done for that.

Once everything was plugged in, I found my first problem. The switch on the back of the PSU was faulty. When I tried to click it OFF, it wouldn't fully press into the off position and then would - bounce(?) - back into the ON position. I thought this was odd, but I was able to look past it. To be honest, I don't really use this switch apart from when opening up the computer and since it was stuck in the ON position which is where I want it to be 99% of the time, this was fine. But still, this is a fault.

Moving on, everything worked. But after a couple of weeks, the power was cutting out again. The behaviour was strange. It would cut out and then the computer would try and switch it self on again but was cutting out before it could, on a loop. I would compare it to trying to start a car on a flat battery.

I initially didn't suspect the power supply at this point. I thought, there is no way it could be this brand new top seller on Amazon. Given that this all started with power problems, I suspected that this was something else. Nevetheless, I thought this behavious was unusual.

Sometimes, after a day or so, it would work fine for a week, before repeating the symptons.

When it was working, I noticed in the BIOS that the 3.3V cable was showing that it fluctuating between 2.7V to 3.0V and was coloured red.

After 3 and months of this behaviour coming and going, I decided that the 3.3V being too low was not good.

I came back onto the product page and decided to read the 2 star reviews to see if they had similar problems. And they did! They too had problems with the supply out of the box!

Amazon has a 30 day return policy and this was way past that, but I spoke to them and they arranged a replacement unit.

I installed this unit last night. The first thing I noticed was that the ON/OFF switch on the back worked fine! I was now able to press it OFF and it would stay there! I have also looked at the voltages and they all seem stable - for now.

I will now monitor over the coming months. I hope that I had just had 1 faulty unit and this one will work fine. I just felt everyone should see this!

I have rated 3 stars because when it works, it is a good PSU. But there are too many cables and it seems their quality control process needs to be looked at. Kudos to Amazon for the replacement!