Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£0.99

on 18 December 2012
James Arthur is an exceptional talent - I haven't paid much attention to the X Factor but that changed after I happened to catch his audition. I had a feeling even then, that this guy was something special and would be a finalist and so continued to watch bits of it to see his performances. His unique voice transformed any well know song and he sings with such emotion and passion.Although I am probably older (in my 40's) than his average fanbase I look forward to hearing his album and hope he has a successful career.
After ten weeks of hard work its finally paid off for this Saltburn lad, James Arthur. We've been fans of him from day one in our house and he's a well deserved winner!

Impossible was a great song for James as he could make it his own as he does. The song had originally peaked at Number 9 in the UK back in 2010 and 11 in the States when it was first released. Let it be would have been just a step too far to try to do in his own brilliant style as it's such an ingrained song into society, just my opinion.

Impossible is perfect for him and he pulls it off with all the talent of a seasoned pro and better than the original.

I've bought this as a stocking filler for the daughter for Christmas as she's a big fan and has already said she'll be going to see the X Factor tour and hopefully James Arthur on tour in his own right in the not too distant future. . .

It's also nice to know that 100% of the profits of this single go to 'Together for short lives' the charity for children with life threatening illnesses. Worth buying for that alone.
33 comments8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2012
At last, a credible artist from the X Factor! This is the only single I have ever purchased from an X Factor winnder. I love James integrity and absolute raw talent, every song carries emotion and authenticity and he genuinly does have the x factor. I can't stop listening to the single and am so looking forward to the album. Keep your integrity James and stand for what you believe in, you deserve it.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 19 December 2012
I loved James on the X Factor but if I'm honest, I do not like the Winner's Single 'Impossible'. Instead, I purchased this CD for the other three tracks which I love.
Some people love James, some people hate him, but I believe he will do well and wish him the best of luck in the 'Music Industry'.
33 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2012
As a 50 something Strictly fan I have not seen this year's X Factor so when I heard this recording on the radio I stopped in my tracks (making gingerbread houses actually - very rock and roll) and listened to his fabulous voice. This song is sung with so much emotion and raw feeling that it breaks your heart and at the same time makes you wish that this guy will be the star that he should be. In my humble opinion the best X Factor winner by far. If he released an album I would buy it based on this track alone. Somehow this track feels like a great christmas number one as it's one that will stay with you for a long long time. Congratulations James I wish you the greatest of success. Merry christmas to all and to all a goodnight.
on 12 December 2012
I think the x factor really gave James a song that didnt suit him in the way it is constructed, but thats not his fault. I think he overcame those limitations brilliantly to the extent that it builds momentum and really soars towards the end. I would have preferred them to give him the chance to do his own material for this single ideally, because if you get the chance on you tube to see some of the material that might be coming up on his new album, the lyrics, the voice and the passion (have a look on at "Faded", "Falling Star" or "GBP") you can feel in his own work is going to take the world by storm once he gets to step outside of the X factor format.

This is still very good as its JA (I changed this review title from saying it was "ok" to "good" as I was being a miser!), the lyrics are great and its for a good cause so buy it! I've also pre-ordered the album on amazon because I know its going to be amazing but probably a lot more raw than this. However, whatever the guy sings is somehow raw, soulful and real, even something as polished as this single. I'm certain JA is going to be massive all over the world - the music industry desperately needs an inspiring, honest, authentic talent like James Arthur.
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2013
Great song to end a disappointing year in music, some good songs but not many big albums, I've bought and listen to loads but the only great album of 2012 was mdna by MADONNA the only real artist to move with the times, infact not many of today new artists will be still around in 10 years let alone 30 years. It's a shame radio one stopped playing songs by MADONNA and others like Robbie Williams. Proves radio ones past it not the artists, by the way in the USA mdna was voted best album of 2012 at least other country's still knows good music.
on 10 December 2012
Usually singers on the X- factor spoil the original songs For me. But James has made "Impossible" come alive. It was always a favourite song of mine but he has made it sound even better. Didn't think that would be "Possible" !
22 comments15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2012
WOW love this cd, a future popstar cant stop playing it.Well done james arthur and good luck for the future
on 10 December 2012
The original and other covers of this song i always loved when i heard them on the radio but never bought any for some reason. I was really glad to hear james won the X-Factor and when i realised this was his winning single i bought it instantly and i Love it, best 89p ive ever spent! :)