Most helpful positive review
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
Works as expected
on 26 January 2015
This is exactly what I was looking for. It allows me to keep all my passwords in a secure manner, as even if it is stolen, it cannot be brute forced, and has a very high level of security.
How it works,
- once a password is set, you are required to enter the passcode/password into the Stick before entering it into the computer,
this is around 7 to 16 digits,
- this allows you to plug it into the computer and use it as a normal USB Stick.
- until the password is entered, the stick is not usable, it will not respond to a USB port.
- it cannot be brute forced, as after 10 failed password attempts, the stick will delete the onboard encryption key
removing the only key to access the data.
- the contents are encrypted with AES256, with simply means that if someone managed to copy the data off without entering the correct key,
they would not be able to decrypt the data with a reasonable time (based on current computing this would take billions of years)
So you can afford to drop it in the street with valuable data, and not have the faintest worry
(unless you wrote the password on the back of the device!)