5.0 out of 5 stars Think its a winner
This is an album I have been waiting for for a long time. I would call it a modern update of the old Sabres of Paradise formula that Mr Weatherall created all those years ago. The groovey basslines and the dubby use of fx sound great. They harken back to the old days while having moved on.
Published 12 months ago by ThirdPrize

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but a bit disappointing
I like Andrew Weatherall and his productions,mixes and mix albums.
With this in mind I have to say that I was a bit disappointed by this album.

I was really looking forward to it - and ordered it without having heard it, on the back of
a fairly decent review in The Guardian.
In parts this disc has influences from joy division and siouxsie and the...
Published on 27 Feb. 2013 by The Spyridon

5.0 out of 5 stars Think its a winner, 10 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant electronica...with soul., 10 Mar. 2013
I am a big fan of pretty much all of Wearheralls stuff, and this didn't let me down. Quite unique and progressive whilst never being too insular. Wonderful electronic music as it should be. There's a time and a place for nose bleed rpm's, sure, but this is way cool at any time.
More please!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beglammered, 8 Mar. 2013
Rooksby (United KIngdom) - See all my reviews
Herr Weaterhall's finest post-Swordsmen release since The Bullet Catcher's Apprentice, recorded in collaboration with new production partner Timothy J. Fairplay (previously in the overlooked Battant).

The music's great - hypnotic, post-punk informed narco-disco that harks back to the tuneful obscurities on his carefully selected Nine O'clock Drop compilation - & he finally seems to have sorted his vocals out. His lyrics were disappointingly weak on the last couple if Swordsmen LPs I thought, while his voice sat uncomfortably high in the mix on the otherwise excellent A Pox on the Pioneers?

My favourtie "dance" album of the year (so far) - no contest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Woozy beats, 28 May 2013
Mr. A. P. Jennings (Berkhamsted, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
Not so much a plant with clusters of yellow and white flowers, but more some seriously addictive beats with clusters of trance and dub. Takes that Screamadelica template (minus the Strolling Bones bits) and updates nicely. Enjoy with a warm sunny evening.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but a bit disappointing, 27 Feb. 2013
I like Andrew Weatherall and his productions,mixes and mix albums.
With this in mind I have to say that I was a bit disappointed by this album.

a fairly decent review in The Guardian.
In parts this disc has influences from joy division and siouxsie and the banshees in the guitar play which
tends to run over a reasonably 'funky' rhythm and percussion section with good lashings of electronica added.(that section being reminiscent of weatherall's early primal scream productions).
Its all very low fi. A bit dark as expected from Weatherall, but somehow it just ends up feeling like a trip down memory lane, but
not a very inspired one. I never get really absorbed by this album.

I thought the first couple of tracks make the album sound promising, but then it runs out of steam for me and possibly ends up bordering on the self indulgent.

Ruled By Passion, Destroyed By Lust
Ruled By Passion, Destroyed By Lust by The Asphodells (Andrew Weatherall & Timothy J Fairplay)
Buy MP3 Album£7.49