5.0 out of 5 stars SOOO fantastic
Absolutely amazing, couldn't put it down. Was waiting patiently for the release of the book and wanted to read it slowly but alas NO. Had to race to the end. Victoria's writing skills make you feel as if you are there with them in Bahrain, having her and Joe's feelings and being in both the classroom with the students and also in Brannigan's bar. I love all the characters...
Published 20 months ago by Ian Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite as good as I expected..
Having read Victoria's other two offerings which I found side splittingly funny, I was a little disapointed with this book,, for me it just didnt have the laugh out loud, wipe the tears from your eyes laughter that came with the other books. Maybe it was the setting that did it,, Bahrain just as the troubles were brewing but never the less it was an interesting read.The...
Published 20 months ago by Plane Spotter

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad you've gone back to Spain, 13 Mar 2013
This review is from: Two Old Fools on a Camel: From Spain to Bahrain and back again (Kindle Edition)
Whilst an entertaining read read this book lacks something that the others had - possibly the slightly eccentric Spanish characters that filed the first books set in Spain. However, Victoria still holds your interest.

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected more, 6 Mar 2013
Having thoroughly enjoyed Victoria Tweeds first two books I looked forward to the next. However I felt this book lacked real substance. The whole book is based around school life but told the reader nothing about any other aspect of Bahraini life. To me it just rumbled on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous book, 2 Mar 2013
Not as good as a previous book by Victoria Tweed. For me it plods along and misses the characters she had in the village in Spain. I didn't finish this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Two Old Fools review, 5 Jan 2013
Got to say i didn't enjoy it as much as Victoria's previouse Two Old Fool's. I looked forward to this one, but was dissapionted. Be glad when we are back in El Hoyo with the people we have come to love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating - Two Old Fools went and came back., 22 Dec 2012
The 'Do Not Disturb' notice went up when the third book of the Trilogy arrived. The exploits of Victoria Twead and her husband Joe kept me riveted from start to finish. I laughed out loud and felt their sadness when friendships were left behind. The book is written in such a way that you are absorbed into their lives from the start. As if you had travelled, with them, to Bahrain for a year, experienced their highs and lows, then returned to the spanish mountain village of El Hoyo. When Victoria and Joe entered their house, opened a window to let the fresh air in, I felt their relief at being 'home' once more!!

A recipe at the end of each chapter is a lovely addition and I look forward to trying them out on family and friends. I came across the 'Two Old Fools' books when looking for information about Spain as my husband and I hope to move to the region of Andalucia. After reading these books - I can't wait!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 31 July 2014
As with all Victorias books, you find yourself actually in Bahrain and going through the whole experience. I LOVED it.
As anyone of her 100's of fans would express, her books are witty, sometimes laugh out loud moments, and sometimes teary. It's her life.
A 1* review from someone still reading any book is pointless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 28 Jun 2014
Well done again to Victoria for her witty & personal view of the life of a teacher working in Bahrain at possibility the worst time ever. Proof that you can find friends & weirdos anywhere in the world lol!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 2 Jun 2014
Didn't want it to end. Have read the previous books about Victoria and Joe's life in Spain. Look forward to hearing how they settled back in Spain. Looking forward to more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book, 2 May 2014
As always a fantastic book I am sad because I have read all off the series and cannot find another book that comes close to keeping me hooked please another as I have three other books one the go on my kindle and I am really struggling to get into them.well done xx

4.0 out of 5 stars Brought back Memories, 28 April 2014
I left Bahrain for pastures new just weeks before the two old fools arrived; Mrs Twead captured though many of our own experiences. A brilliant trip down memory lane plus an expat view on what was happening during the tumultuous days of the so called Arab Spring, Thank-you

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›