5.0 out of 5 stars Love this case
Definitely recommend this case, if like me you have just purchased a 15inch retina then obviously we have spent a lot on the laptop so keeping it looking fresh is very important, at least for me anyway.
Published 16 months ago by DMK

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid, but difficult to get off once it's on.
That may be the point (that it's tough to get off) but it's s bugger to remove. I'd suggest giving your Macbook Air a good clean on the back and front before putting it on.

Otherwise it seems to do the job, if seeming a bit cheaper than you'd expect (doesn't affect its operation).

One negative - it's not light, and I;ve found it can pull the top half...
Published 13 months ago by Graeme

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this case, 7 Jan. 2014
Looked around for a few sleeves and cases etc, however was put off with cases due to my previous laptop (13inch macbook pro) case which was poor non branded case and really was bad, this however looks and feels awesome and trust me clear is the way to go, as its bare noticeable many people have been surprised when they found out i actually have a case on which is a big plus point for me.

Yes its expensive but 100% worth it. Mine so far has been on for 2 weeks and no signs of wear and tear atm.

Just a bit on the side, due to the many vents on the bottom piece little dust particles or hair can go inside it, but again might be subjective and obviously can be cleaned with little effort.

4.0 out of 5 stars Once attached, this will do a pretty solid job!, 14 Aug. 2014
This review is from: CLEAR mCover High Quality Hard Shell Case for 13-inch MacBook Pro (with 13.3-inch Retina Display) (NOT FIT Macbook Pro 13" A1278) (Top Macbook hard case seller in USA) (Personal Computers)
This is a pretty good protector. The underneath portion was easy to fit, but the cover that goes over the back of the screen was much trickier. It wasn't obvious which way up it should go (and if that even makes a difference), and the fit was so tight I did wonder whether the little moulded grips that affix it to the edges of the screen would damage the fit and finish of the laptop itself.

Once fixed, I found that the bottom right edge portion didn't affix as firmly as every other area, so there is a slight bit of flex, and I mean `slight', its really not that noticeable.

Would I trust it to protect the exterior of this laptop? Yes, definitely. Its adds about an extra 1.5mm width around the computer, but otherwise the average person glancing wouldn't know its there (I bought the clear version).

The fold-out feet on the underside are very good, but they don't feel like the most solid things in the world. A slight bit too much weight and they may well snap, and the feet, perhaps oddly, was one of the reasons I bought this case compared to the cheaper options available.

Apart from the fold out feet it also has rubber feet, and I think these are excellent for absorbing bumps and knocks as a laptop is lifted or accidentally dropped onto a table.

If it saves your computer from one nasty bump or dent, then this case has done its job and is easily worth the money.

To compare, I own an old Apple Powerbook from 2003. It has an aluminium finish all over, much like the modern Macbook Air and Pro, and over the years it has picked up a lot of scratches and scuffs, with one edge even being rubbed shiny. With this iPearl case, I plan to keep this particular Macbook in showroom condition for as long as possible.

To that end I will use this iPearl case in conjunction with a firm sponge padded outer case (Croc Super Chocolate 13.3" sleeve protector) to protect against heavy bumps and knocks when out on the road. That case will attach around the laptop using elastic straps over the edges of the laptop.

That may sound like overkill to some, but for me, this is one hell of an expensive machine, and £28 (for the two) of laptop protection is more than worth it.

[Update] I ordered the clear version, and little gaps between the edges of the computer and the case itself are going to be dust magnets. I can already see it occurring on mine, and that's barely a week after fitting it! Hardly a problem, but in terms of aesthetics its certainly going to look uglier over time, requiring removal and cleaning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Jan. 2014
Fits perfectly on late 2013 MacBook Pro with retina display. Very discrete when installed and can't even tell it's on, very slim. Unlike other similar items this doesn't have big brand names printed on the top cover which is a good thing. Appears to be good quality and the feet are very sturdy.
I was in two minds when I bought this as to whether I really wanted a hard cover on my MBP but now I have it installed I know I made the right decision.

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid, but difficult to get off once it's on., 24 Mar. 2014
Graeme - See all my reviews

One negative - it's not light, and I;ve found it can pull the top half of my MacBook backwards at certain angles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case!, 17 Aug. 2014
J-One (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Like others, I love this case. I'd previously had a coloured case and I'd forgotten just how beautiful a Mac actually is. The form of the case is great; it has a very slim profile, that doesn't add any significant weight but adds the reassurance that it's protected. You'll honestly forget that it's even there.

5.0 out of 5 stars unobtrusive, 30 July 2013
This is nice and sturdy, clips easily into place, protects all corners while retaning access to all ports, is almost invisible, I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 25 Nov. 2013
I needed something to protect my very expensive mac, this does exactly that and at a great price. It fits perfectly in fact it's hard to tell that there is a cover fitted. For an added bonus, retractable legs tilt the pc ideally for use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely love it :o), 17 Dec. 2013
I read lots of reviews before buying a protective case that I thought deserved to house my new MBP Retina.

Was a little sceptical when I first opened the box - just couldn't see that it would look right when attached.

I was very wrong - its a brilliant fit and looks really good - assuming you even notice it.

My teenage son was staring at me typing away one evening and asked what support I was using to tilt up my MBP, whilst he looked under and around it - so I told him it was the feet built into the new case. (Well built flip out feet that tilt MBP to just the right angle).

He hadn't noticed the case attached - which says it all really.

Clearly won'y give the same sort of shock protection as a padded case or rubberised cover - but I use a padded messenger bag for carrying to and from places of use and when I get the MBP out - I don't want to be wrestling with another padded case or hide the beauty of the MBP behind a coloured rubber sleeve.

This case allows full and unhindered use of MBP without hiding it's beauty and will also fully protect against scratches and minor bumps. Spot on product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really quite good for the price, 21 Feb. 2015
El Geraldo (South of Watford Gap) - See all my reviews
I dropped my Macbook Pro in a hotel room and damaged the Retina LCD panel - that was an easy DIY repair, but cost me £350 for the replacement LCD assembly. This time, I'm taking no chances - hard shell case all the way. It does make the Macbook look _slightly_ thicker, but it's a small price to pay for a decent level of scratch/dent protection. I went for the clear coloured shell, because it leaves the Macbook looking as normal as possible - I barely notice the case is there.

The top and bottom halves of the case are beautifully precision moulded, so they clip onto the Macbook very neatly and securely. My only complaint is that you can't close the lid of the computer when an HDMI cable is plugged in - it fouls the hard shell.

One reviewer complained that the bottom shell of the case is full of hundreds of ventilation holes. This is a GOOD thing - my Macbook can get quite warm when rendering video, and that CPU is right in the centre of the computer, just a few millimetres behind that aluminium bottom cover. Increasing airflow to the Macbook can only be a good thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, 17 Dec. 2014
I ordered the clear cover because I didn't want a cover that would be noticed and this one makes the job very well done. Actually my girlfriend didn't notice the cover on my mac and now she wants one as well =).
I received the cover before the actual time. Fantastic.

Super easy to attach to your mac and doesn't mess with the looks of your gorgeous mac book pro retina =).(you can only see the cover in the edges of the mac)

Thank you very much for the quality product and for the super fast delivery.