Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 27 April 2011
COME AWAY is a collection of intimate, deeply-moving songs, sometimes so simplistic as a primordial heart-beat "My soul longs for you, nothing else will do..." to a profound longing for His presence in "Let it rain" to the deepest calling to see His glory and enter into His presence without fear in "Show me Your glory".
COME AWAY is different than other JesusCulture DVD/CDs. Melissa is not present. Kim is in strong visual contrast to the all-guy band in T-Shirts with her black and red sparkles... but it is yet another powerful statement of a deeply inspiring call into His presence.
My accolades and thanks.
on 29 March 2011
Love this album. It's so passionate and free, yet without the grating cheeseyness of so many other worship moments. This album inspired me in my own worship and is full of spontaneous heartfelt (but excellent) singing which I love. Great for anyone like me who just wants to know more of God.
on 22 April 2012
I've just heard about Jesus Culture few weeks ago and it was through this fabulous CD. I then bought it as soon as I could and I'm not regretted and inspired me to buy the rest of their CDs. Passion comes to me as soon as I turn it on and I even I leave it on overnight when I sleep. So inspiring worship songs and I can't fail it by anyway. It comes with another CD ( DVD ) and so beautiful cover which make you so happy to own a great piece of work like this and add it to your Christian music collection. Get it if you want feel that you're so close to the Lord. It takes so high and inspire you to read the Bible, pray and cry highly to God. So different feeling and if you're a Christian, this's the perfect worship songs for you. It arrived in secure envelope and new as it said. I HIGHLY recommend you to get your own copy!
on 7 January 2011
I actually bought this album for someone else so I've not heard it all the way through but I like what I've heard and reckon that several of the songs have the potential to be used in a wider context. Kim Walker-Smith has an excellent voice: accurate and clear but with a harsh edge at times to give it some character. She has good control at both low and high volume and sings with depth and passion.

One of the plus points is that you get a DVD as well as a CD in this package - excellent value! Having said that, I found that the DVD rather detracted from the positive impact of the actual music. "Jesus Culture" is a band that sings worship songs but the whole context is very much that of a performance. In particular, for me at least, Kim Walker-Smith's appearance was totally at odds with what she was singing about. But hey! I'm old enough to remember people complaining about Larry Norman's appearance in the Sixties so what do I know?

What is clear on the DVD is how much the audience identifies with the band and what the musicians are doing. It's a great atmosphere and it's good that people enjoy their worship so much but I guess I'm still old enough to feel queasy about the end result. I couldn't help feeling that everyone was there to worship "Jesus Culture" rather than Jesus Christ.
on 25 March 2011
Ok... so where to start with this one,

Its a Brilliant CD/DVD Package full of well Written/arranged Songs/ Great musicianship, one of the best from 2010. I agree very much with one of the previous reviewers. Over the last 15 years especially, there has been a blending between Worship as an act of union & a commodity or concert. I think that this one falls somewhere between the two. If you think about it, Passion band also fall into this category both this & passion are an event & the recordings are taken over a number of days

What i will also say is that i believe this is a genuine expression of Worship. There is high energy stuff through to the more intimate. There is that sense that God is there. If you also get the 3 song EP(download) that was released as well, you get longer versions of a couple of songs where more "Worship" takes place. You also get the feeling that for some in the "audience" that this is a gig. This is about where we are all on our personal journey, no rights or wrongs. Many Hillsong Recordings have been similar but this one is closer to the grey than Hillsongs have been. I Guess this is targeted at Youth & for us with those extra years, who long for intimacy, more than what some would call noise this will divide opinion. Truth is though, this has been an issue throughout all generations.

Jesus Culture are out of the Bethal stable i believe, & i guess this is them pushing boundries. Fortunately God meets with us where we are. I guess also that this is the answer to. Don't reason it to much, enjoy the ride, This recording of this event has some amazing stuff, Some simple songs that are the expression of the heart to reach out to God by the next Generation.

For Me the second half of the event is stronger than the opening. but that may also just be because we get dragged along with it From "let it rain" to "one thing remains" the intensity heats up. & i love that last track as an anthem for any Generation.
on 28 November 2011
Jesus Culture take fans into a more worshipful state than previous offerrings.Enjoyable and uplifting. Listeners as well as fans will not be dissappointed.
on 23 February 2011
This album, like the rest of the Jesus Culture stuff, is obviously so annointed by God, its a brilliant tool to help people worship God in their homes, cars wherever and to get the message of God to people who need it - these guys are using their gifts for the right reasons! Brilliant.
on 17 November 2011
[...]

This CD is compelling, drawing a thoughtful listener in to the worshipful atmosphere the music creates. The music itself is brilliant, and the worship leaders very sensitive and leading with a gentle touch. Absolutely great.
on 28 July 2011
So far I've not even listened to the CD, but the enclosed DVD seems to feature the same music, and is absolutely fantastic.

It's the first Jesus Culture album I've purchased, but almost certainly won't be the last.
on 29 April 2013
Being part of the young generation, I'm not a fan of old fashioned medievil Christian hymns you read from a book in an old church. As for modern Christian music is concerned this album is fantastic. Some modern stuff can be a little depressing sometimes, but not this album. It is really uplifting and inspiring, and is great for both worship and just listening as you would any other music album. The musicians put so much passion into both their life with Christ and their musical talent. No matter how down I feel, this album always cheers me up, and puts me in an ecstasy of faith and love for God. It borders on Christian Rock so is definitely a good album for young Christians to start with.