5.0 out of 5 stars Five Fab Short Stories
As it says on the tin, this is a book of five short stories. Three of them are based in Pitkirtly, two of the stories I'd read before. I love the inhabitants of Pitkirtly and am always eager to read more about them.

Published 20 months ago by Joo

3.0 out of 5 stars um
I know it says short stories but you do expect them to tally to the same size as a normal book. They didn't they are very very short stories.
Published 13 months ago by Jayne

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Fab Short Stories, 9 Dec 2012
Joo "kuforum" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Five Short Stories (Kindle Edition)

Apocalypse Ready: This is the perfect story of how ready some of the inhabitants of Pitkirtly are for The End Of The World. As I finished it, I felt I knew that was how it would be as the story suits the characters.

Recycled: Amarylis (from Pitkirtly) shows just how mean she can be with her darker side.

A Romantic Quest: I enjoyed this when I read it in a kuforum anthology and am pleased to find out the characters will get their own novel. As I read it again, I knew I wanted to find out more about them.

Special: Some of the Pitkirtly gang go on a Mystery Tour. Of course things don't go to plan. I wouldn't want them to.

Apocalypse Decoded: Where Him upstairs tells him downstairs he has 4 days to plan the Apocalypse. I really enjoyed this one. Middle management will never seem the same.

In summary, this is quite a short book, but I liked every single story. I don't often like all the stories in an anthology. If you've read any Pitkirtly books, these are great extras. If you haven't, then these are great tasters. It's also proof that Cecilia Peartree is not a one story author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Five Short Stories (Kindle Edition)
Liked it a lot but some of the stories a bit too short, her other stories are more satisfying than these are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cecilia is a great writer., 17 July 2013
This review is from: Five Short Stories (Kindle Edition)
I find all Cecilia's books so good that I find it difficult to break off reading. I would thoroughly recommend any
of her books.

3.0 out of 5 stars um, 2 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Read as I've enjoyed the full-length books., 28 Jun 2013
M. Turner - See all my reviews
This review is from: Five Short Stories (Kindle Edition)
Short incidents with some of the regular characters,from the "Crime in the Community" series, and a new one. but they do stand alone. I have enjoyed the books, and enjoyed some more time with the characters. It might be a good introduction for someone not sure whether to get one of the books or not.

They are light, and ideal for reading on journeys or on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant short stories, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Five Short Stories (Kindle Edition)
I recommend reading the Pitkirtly stories first, as the characters return in three of these short stories. They are great light, pithy well told stories with all the flavour of the longer novels. I've got to admit my favourite was Apocalypse Decoded (even though it wasn't a Pitkirtly story), it made me laugh out loud. I also enjoyed the Quest story and have downloaded the new book on the basis of it.

Five Short Stories