5.0 out of 5 stars Will get more, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: MiniSun Branded 3W Super Bright SES E14 LED Bulb with 60 x 3527 SMD LEDs - 400 Lumens - Daylight
My first one of these arrived this morning and I'm rather pleased with it.

My personal crusade is to eliminate all the dreadful "warm white" substitutes for light bulbs that plague my life and this is another weapon in the armoury.

I like the fact that it seems robustly constructed and is fairly short... most CFL darkness-saving things I've tried in desk lamps are far too long for the shade and stick right out of the end to cause glare. This one doesn't.

Light is a little harsh, but better than halogens and compared with my new virtually shadowless reference, the Triple Bright Lamp, 3 x 14W Tubes for 250w of Daylight. it's not an awful match at all. The output seems a little "greyer" compared with the 6500K daylight tubes in both this and the remarkable but physically gargantuous iBoutique lamps and I suspect - and this is very subjective and difficult to quantify - that the yellow part of the output is not quite as even. I could be wildly out here of course so I'm trying to use a diffraction grating to see if there's a missing band in the spectrum anywhere but it's looking pretty and surprisingly good.
I'm going on at length here because the light colour is actually damned good and I'm really trying to compare some very subtle differences. Without the direct comparison to the fluorescents I doubt I would have noticed anything being less than perfect.

The only other non-strip screw-in LED bulbs I've had much experience of are that well known Swedish meatball company's offerings which are completely in line with the company's avowed new policy of only tuning out lamps that make everything look like they've been lit in a Victorian mortuary. They are not alone in this, of course as the default "light" available over the counter _anywhere_ now is always this insipid wan, greenish, depression-producing, eye-straining horror-film pallid glow that legislation and uncaring manufacturers have forced upon us.
I find the light from these festering abominations absolutely intolerable except as background light to stop one tripping over things. They are also (sort of) o.k. as minimal lighting if one is watching TV or working on a monitor - i.e. not having to actually look at anything that they purport to illuminate. They are horrible to work, read or create anything by, however.

The Minisun lamps are a HUGE step in the right direction, even if the light spectrum is a little uneven. It is far closer to natural light than the "warm white" which is probably quite close to the tallow light of our cave-dwelling palaeolithic ancestors.

The Minisun price is, at the moment, about the same as the Swedish "warm white" stuff and they give out about twice the light, in lumens, as the baleful "warm" competition.

Oh - I was delighted to find no delivery charges on this purchase. Excellent!

I will shortly be ordering more of these and for now, I'm giving them a solid five stars. This may come down when they are superseded by something even better, but I don't see it happening any tine soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Desk light bulb, 5 Jan 2014
Ian J. R. Johnson (England) - See all my reviews
My desk light had a 4watt LED bulb in it. After a year or so it developed a fault so I bought a MiniSun 3watt LED bulb to replace it. The new bulb is amazing! More light than the old one at lower power! Much to my delight the delivery was extra fast as well. Well done Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 27 Mar 2014
Gives the bright clean white light that I was looking for in the desk lamp. Very pleased with the lamp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice 'n' Bright..., 1 Mar 2014
I switched to purchasing Led's fairly recently. I'm certainly no expert but for the pricier outlay you reap back lower energy compared to some other fittings. It has got a nice clean white light, it may not suit you if you are hoping for warmth because its quite a clinical light. But for what I use it for, which is crafts etc. its absolutely 'Spot-On'

5.0 out of 5 stars Great. :-), 6 Feb 2014
Really good alternative to a normal light. Would be better if I had the lights higher up and pointing down but am using them in lamps. They don't give the glare like a normal bulb.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright but a very cool color, hospital-style blueish light, and strong strobe, 12 Jan 2014
This bulb produces a very strong stroboscope effect. You don't see it if you look at stationary objects, but anything that moves is like it's at a disco with the strobes on.

The color is very cool, didn't like it even in the kitchen. Feels like you're at a hospital. However, you do get a significant increase in brightness compared to warm LEDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 16 Dec 2013
Very pleased with this product, super bright, big improvement on the bulbs they replaced.Prompt service. Would certainly recommend this product

5.0 out of 5 stars good light for activities requiring good colour reproduction, 8 Dec 2013
P. D. Talbot-Jones (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This has been in use regularly as a task light and for reading - excellent colour rendition, and low energy demands - a good choice for hobbyists and artists

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill delivery time, 11 Oct 2013
Richy (North East UK) - See all my reviews
Arrived in 24 hours -
Bought to replace a low energy spot bulb that didn't really fit the shade, was too long,
and they never seemed to last very long.
Is a much better colour of light.
Will be interesting to see how long these last.
Might have to buy another four for my kitchen light cluster - not cheap this saving energy lark is it?

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than dxpected, 18 Aug 2013
We found the light to be more intense than the normal old style bulbs more of a white light. Very pleased with the results