5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Genius
Really didnt know what to expect with this. Had never heard of the band, but had heard Pompeii played a few times on the radio and really liked what I heard.

Published 18 months ago by J. Piper

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ... but no cigar!
Having seen all the positive reviews and listened to the clips on Amazon I thought I'd give this CD a try. I've now listened to it 4 or 5 times and it's a 'grower'. There are some good tracks (opener Pompeii in particular, even if it does sound a bit like a Maori chant meets 'Life In A Northern Town'!) and overall it's quite easy on the ear with some 'nice' tracks. And...
Published 18 months ago by Adrian L

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Genius, 18 Mar 2013
J. Piper (Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Blood (MP3 Download)

Listened to the sound clips on amazon and liked what I heard so took a punt and bought the album. Wow. I cannot think of a time when I have been so quickly hooked on the first listen to an album before.

Usually I end up having a couple of favourites on an album and skip past the rest of them. With this album it is different however. There are so many great tracks on there, that I happily listen to the whole thing without skipping. If pushed for some favourites then I would say Pompeii, Things we lost in the fire, Bad Blood, Weight of Living PtII, Laura Palmer and Oblivion. Standout track for me though is Icarus - I looooove the intro to it and a really catchy chorus. Have already listened to the album at least a dozen times and still loving every moment.

One of my top 10 all time albums (and I have hundreds of them). So good that I bought it twice! - once from amazon but then also from apple so that I could have it on my work ipad (which has all sorts of security on it which means I cannot plug it into a pc or download music apart from via itunes). couldnt bear to be away from the album during the day :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album!, 3 Aug 2013
Sharron Hather "irismay42" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Blood (MP3 Download)
This is a great album that really took me by surprise with its excellence! Beautiful melodies and spine tingling harmonies and an overall sound that is really distinctive. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 4 July 2013
G. Weatherburn (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Blood (Audio CD)
love every track. saw them live at glastonbury and they were amazing. cant wait for the next album. definitely one to watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but i was miss lead., 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bad Blood (Audio CD)
Love the CD although didn't have the same songs as the other. if your wanting more you need to buy the CD with the car on the case as it has 2 CD's.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fine debut!, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Bad Blood (Audio CD)
This album is all in all pretty good. From emotional soaring melodies such as 'Overjoyed' to quirky ballads such as 'Flaws' it brings an interesting sound to the table.

I can't help but feel Bastille rather overplayed their hand in the lead-up to this album, on first listen I had already heard 6 of the 13 songs. It left it feeling more like a collection of singles than a complete album. Perhaps some tracks should have been left as singles too as it feels like the album has tried to get to many different sounds into one space. There are, however some excellent moments. 'Weight of living, Pt I' and 'These Streets' harp back to the original quirkiness and excellent melodies that first caught audience's attention in 'Flaws'. Some of the lyrics are a little bit bland or un-inventive which brings me to my final summary.

All in all this a a good, solid debut with soaring melodies and well crafted music to back it up. It is slightly let down by the fact it seems some-what unrefined for an album that was a fair while in the making. Very enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Bad Blood (MP3 Download)
This album is just superb. Can't stop listening to it. The main 'hits' are excellent, such as Pompeii and Flaws, which I was immediately attracted to when I first downloaded this album. However, I kept listening to the other less well known tracks, especially Weight of Living, Pt II and Icarus, and I can't sum up their quality in one word. Great album, buy it, you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super album - great price!, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bad Blood (Audio CD)
This was a present for my 20 year old daughter for Xmas and she loved it (and so did I). A great album from Bastille and at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love it, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Bad Blood (Audio CD)
This is the cd I have on all the time in my car at the moment. I love his voice I love the drums I love the songs it's a great cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hooks, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Bad Blood (Audio CD)
Bought this album as I really liked the couple of singles I'd heard, I was not disappointed! In my opinion one of the best albums I've heard for ages, some classic tracks with fantastic hooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bastille, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bad Blood (MP3 Download)
Yes very pleased after hearing the Glast. Hope to hear more of them. Downloaded ok . Thankfully cheers Ta Mucho

Bad Blood