4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely novel-try & u will enjoy
Published on 12 Dec. 2012 by Sam 01

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite the perfect read
Published on 29 April 2013 by Mrs. A. Wright

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely novel-try & u will enjoy, 12 Dec. 2012
I was quite surprised by this quiet, little offering. Not so quiet. Not so little. Not an offering but more of a ' read this & fall in love'!!!!! With the characters, the author ( new to me & now on my permanent look for list!) but how the story was woven together makes a delightful reading experience! Thank you Catherine Bybee, I loved my first taste of your writhing talent & will be on the case now that you have been found. Refuse to discuss plot or anything else for that matter. Read it for yourself & see if you feel as thankful as I do that real talent can be discovered along with the already well established writers that we all are already in awe of!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming, 28 Mar. 2014
Ms. C. M. Winton "katzw82" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Jesse is a waitress and single mum determined to provide a good upbringing for her son. This means no broke charming cowboys which when she meets Jack he appears to be be just that. Jack try's to win her round but with little success so instead he becomes a friend offering to help her find a 'rich' guy. As her helps her he becomes close to both her all her family and perhaps Jesse can fall for him after all but Jack is keeping a secret.

Jack is more than just rich. He is worth millions but he wants a woman to love him for more than the size of his bank balance so when he meets Jesse and decided she is the one for him he lets her believe him broke. However when Jesse finds out the truth and that Jack has been lying to her she isn't too pleased!

I found this book an awful lot like the old style romances I used to read when I was just starting out with the genre. It was charming, sweet and romantic and the characters were very endearing. You cared about them and wanted them to reach that happy ending you just knew was coming. Not a type of book I would read all the time but a pleasant departure from the the books that are all to serious and gritty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dating and Deceptions, 31 Jan. 2013
Book Gannet (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Since it's as easy to fall in love with a rich man as a poor one, hardworking single mother Jessie Mann has decided that the next man she lets into her life is going to be rich enough to make him worth it. When the cute and charming Jack Moore crosses her path she can't help but notice his sexy cowboy accent... or his beat-up truck. So when he asks Jessie out, she says no.

But Jack Moore is really Jack Morrison, billionaire hotel owner, who's grown tired of dating women who are only interested in his bank balance. Jessie is a different kind of lady and Jack has no intention of letting her get away. Because if she can see the man behind the millions, then maybe she's who he's been looking for all along.

This is a cute Californian romance with a hint of cowboy sweetness. Jack is charming and confident, Jessie is sweet but strong, her son Danny is adorable and there are a couple of meddlesome sisters around to help the plot along.

This is an easy, enjoyable read about the bumps on the road to love. True, I spent most of it wondering just how Jessie was going to find out the truth and how much grovelling Jack would have to do, but always in a good way.

Light and lovely, this is a great pick-me-up tale. I look forward to reading all about Jack's sister, Katie, in the next: Not Quite Mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 17 Mar. 2014
G. Cook "jillcook27a" (Essex england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Liked this book with all its twists and strong story line and charactors. I was sorry to reach the end

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant start to the series, 30 Aug. 2013
This book was really sweet.

So far it is safe to say that I have loved every book I have read by Catherine Bybee. You know that her characters are going to have a good attractions with pits and falls before fully coming into the romance and a brilliant feel good ending.

Jessie is a young mum who works long hours late at night as a waitress in order that she can spend her daylight hours with her son in order that he doesn't miss out. Her younger sister lives with them rent free in order that she also helps with her son.

Money is tight and she often has to juggle her funds to the penny and would love to fall in love and marry a rich man to provide more stability in her sons life. She wants her son to have the best he can.

Jack Morrison is on his way back with his buddies from a stag do when they go for a meal at the dinner where Jessie works. He is immediately drawn to the waitress and becomes entranced when she tells him no. A feeling that he has never felt before has him deciding that for the first time he actually wants to chase a woman to see if she would fall for his as him, so he pretends to be a poor waiter. He is actually the son of a billionaire hotel tycoon and is rich on his own merits.

Jessie and Jack provide a brilliant chase where Jack is constantly kept on his toes and Jessie shows her loyalty to her family and her love for her son.

It is heart warming to see how Jack instantly connects with Jessie's young son and just seems to slip effortlessly into their lives.

Of course both Jessie and Jack hit a few bumps and have a few misunderstandings, which only makes the romance seem more plausible and endearing.

I already love this series and can't wait to read the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 29 Sept. 2014
From the moment I started reading this book, I didn't want to put it down. It sucked me in right at the start. Heartwarming, funny and a fantastic romance story. I'll certainly be getting the follow on book/s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite Dating by Catherine Bybee, 15 May 2013
Jessie Mann is a single mom. She's worked hard for everything she has. She and her sister work to see her son Danny has all he needs. Jessie keeps hoping someday her prince will arrive with enough money so she doesn't have to worry every day. Until he does, she works at a waitress on the graveyard shift.
Jack Morrison is an heir to a luxury hotel empire. He and his buddies are just back from a bachelor party to end all parties. Jack has been wondering if he'll ever find a woman who loves him and not his back account. Then Jessie walks into his life.

This book is fantastic! It's the first in the "Not Quite" series. I can't wait to read the others. The characters are well developed and fun to follow. The story one you'll enjoy again and again. Tender, fun and the fairy tale ending is all you could ever want in a book. You'll get hooked on this one from page one.

I found no issues.

I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it's such a fantastic read.
~Copy of book provided by author in exchange for a fair review~

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite the perfect read, 29 April 2013
This is the first book in the Not Quite Series. I had read Not quite mine the second in the series before this one. I dont know if that altered my perception of this book or not. Perhaps because I did not read them in turn or perhaps because my expectations were raised by Not Quite Mine I did not like this one so well. I found the scene setting was very slow and I became bored for a time, however half way through it did improve. The story line was a little improbable but interesting just the same. The characters eventually grew on me and I began to enjoy them and hoped they could resolve their difficulties. The little boy Danny was captivating. I regret reading the first two in the series the wrong way round and would advise anyone to read this one first before going onto the much better second story. I look forward to the third one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite Dating, 23 Aug. 2013
elsie purdon "reads too much" (dorset uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Jack is very rich and handsome. He is has had plenty of girlfriends but is tired of being wanted for his money.

At the end of a bachelor party weekend in Vegas he stops with his friends at a diner to sober up.
Working as a waitress on the graveyard shift at said diner is Jessica a single mom who wants to fall in love with a rich man. She likes the look of Jack but turns him down when he flirts with her. She tells him honestly she wants a man with money. At that moment Jack looks like a man on a low wage. By chance the remarks his friends make give nothing away about who he really is nor how wealthy he is.

Jack poses as an ordinary working guy and they become friends.....

While being predictable this novel is charming and makes for a cosy easy read. An old fashioned feel good romance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected pleasure, 18 Nov. 2012
A. D. Stewart "Ang'lis" (Reading, England) - See all my reviews
Not Quite Dating immediately said, Cowboys. Never one for reading those types of stories, I decided to give it a try. Wouldn't hurt, right? I'm so glad I did. Catherine Bybee floored me with her style of writing. Fresh, concise, and emotionally charged! I found myself smiling every time 'Jack' appeared. Eagerly cheering him on till the end. And now, I'm desperate to see what happens in the next book!

So. Would I buy another Cowboy book?
If it's written by Catherine Bybee, YES!