Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 13 December 2012
I love reading romances, especially those which are a little bit different. This story is about Nell, whose husband left her 7 years ago. He'd been the man of her dreams and she'd always felt she wasn't good enough for him. Now she has returned with her children to the Welsh village where she grew up. But just as she meets a new man, and starts to make a new life for herself, who should turn up?

It's difficult to write any more without giving away 'spoilers'. So I'll just say this is a lovely, heartwarming romance, which has some interesting twists and a little bit of magic about it.

Recommended, particularly if you like authors such as Cecelia Ahern and Audrey Niffenegger.
on 27 January 2013
I love this novel. It is full of characters we truly care about and most of all the beautiful but fragile Nell who looks after her nine year old twins and her ageing grandmother in a close-knit village in the Welsh mountains. Without the husband who left her when the children were two, Nell must face people who made her youth painful and destroyed her self esteem. But running through the progress of Nell's growing confidence is a magical thread which binds together seemingly random people in the village, and to Nell's utter amazement at the heart of the mystery is her estranged husband, Silas.
on 15 February 2014
The synopsis give a very good description and summary of the book. The cover is also very attractive and appealing and was the first thing that caught my eye.

Nell or 'Ellena' returns to the Welsh village that she grew up in with her two children and a completely different woman to the one who left both in appearance and in personality - beautiful, confident and protective of her children. As she returns to the village an attraction develops between her and the school assistant head Daniel who she knew when she was a child. Just as the romance looks like it may be going somewhere Nell's husband Silas who disappeared and left her several years earlier reappears on the scene. Does she end up with Daniel or Silas? - one will have to read the book to find out.

Although the Nell and Daniel romance developing is quite sweet, as soon as Silas and Lauren (Daniel's ex-wife) appear in the book the temperature of the story is raised a notch and the chemistry and tensions can be felt quite clearly between the four. Its initially very difficult to predict the outcome but as the story develops this becomes clearer and you find yourself switching loyalties and the actual ending that you want. There are lots of interesting characters in the book including the children Freya and Josh, Abe, Calista and Nana Gwen.

In addition to this Nell encounters a psychic, a remarkable magical secret, history, a curse and a spell and a wonderful fairytale ending! This really is a beautiful book and I absolutely loved the ending.

After reading this I will definitely be downloading the other two books by Valerie!
on 8 August 2014
This story was beautifully written and very unusual. I was pondering about the identity of Nell's estranged husband throughout and enjoyed getting to really know him later on. What a great guy! And Nell, I really cared about what happened top her. We first meet her when she is a damaged and insecure character because of an event that happened in her youth, coupled with the fact that Silas left her. Then we watch her grow into such a strong woman, prepared to put her own personal happiness last in order that others might benefit. Supporting characters are well drawn and believable too, and an added sprinkle of magic here and there made this a great read. I will be looking out for more from this author :-)
on 16 October 2013
i've never read anything like this before so it came as a big surprise to find myself still up at 2 in the morning trying to keep my eyes open to find out what happened next.Loved it and would advise anypne looking for a little magic to buy it
on 9 January 2013
I had no idea what to expect, but i couldnt put this down. It was a beautiful story, hinting at a magic that IS a reality. I thoroughly enjoyed and will be recommending it. This author cleary has a great imagination and a deeper wisdom.
on 19 June 2013
This book is a real page turner. I don't usually go for romance novels but the title together with the front cover drew me in. After reading the book I know why! This is a realistic view of romance together with a splash of fate thrown in, something I truly believe in. I loved all the characters, and could identify with them, both female and male. I truly loved this book, it was definitely heaven sent to me. I would recommend that everyone read this book. I will be telling everyone, loved it. Well done Ms Baglietto.
on 4 January 2015
i wasn't quite sure what to expect from this book when i first started to read it, but within the first couple of pages i was hooked. On the cover it says it a 'modern day fairytale' and i believe it is, it's an unusual story as it combines reality and fantasy.

I love the fact that the author kept me on my toes throughout the story, as whenever i thought i guessed something, it turn out to be completely wrong, which is one of the things that i really liked about it.
on 16 June 2013
I really enjoyed this book. In a way I suppose it is a bit like a fairy tale, but also so much more. What I liked most was the fact that it was difficult to work out who was going to get tbe "girl" in the end until it was nearly at tbe end, & I was so glad the right one did. If you don't enjoy a unbelievable fairy tale, then this is not the book for you. You need a good dose of imagination, and childish believe for this one.
on 29 September 2013
An unusual story that keeps your interest until the very end.
Will certainly look forward to reading more books by Valerie-Anne Baglietto.