on 16 January 2013
In this book Ellie is concerned her best friend, Penny, is about to marry a man who she thinks is only after her for her money. So she sets up a weekend in her brother's friend's house in order to expose to her what a rat he is. Unfortunately, the brother's friend, Gideon, is a man she has always loved, but never told because of his reputation as a womanizer.

As the story unfolds, it becomes clear that Gideon has real problems from a difficult childhood and that Ellie's interest in helping her friend might not be as altruistic as originally believed. This forms the backdrop to a passionate and powerful love story between Ellie and Gideon.

This book keep me up last night because I wanted to find out the ending. The characters appealed to me, they both came across as very real with issues and problems and I especially liked the fact that Ellie, despite her issues in the book, wasn't a Cinderella waiting to be rescued. She was sarky and often said the wrong thing, regretting it afterwards.

The love scenes in this book are very well written and emotional. Overall, I really enjoyed this story, I liked the author's voice, which was strong, and the plot line that didn't go in the way you thought it would. Certainly I didn't see Penny's secret coming!
on 8 January 2013
From the moment we meet Ellie and Gideon, the chemistry leaps off the pages. This is one fun read, as they pair up in order to save a friend from making what they see as a mistake. It's so lovely reading a book where the hero and heroine need to work together in order to solve a problem -- and heck, spend their time in a gorgeous country pile to boot. I couldn't put it down as I didn't want to leave these two without knowing they were HEA. A fab, rollickingly good read! I hope this debut author brings out more like this.
on 18 July 2013
I could not put down this book, I was so keen to see how the story developed between Ellie and Gideon. The love scenes were electric and the characters were rounded, interesting and imperfectly right. Can't wait for the next book!