Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.14

on 11 April 2014
If I were going by content alone, this book would have 5 stars. The story is written in lyrical story-teller fashion and with an engaging manner. In addition, Mr Williams raises serious issues;in a society where many have nothing and some so much that it is shameful, are 'Robin Hood' type exploits allowable, or even justified? And again; are most people concerned more with impressing others, with being liked and hiding their own vulnerability, than with truth and justice?

And there are other deeper matters discussed as well.

So why only 3 stars? Because the author has not bothered at all with grammar, spelling or even proof-reading the text. Mine was the Kindle version but the errors seem far more wide-ranging than can be accounted for by transcription. For example, a drawer in a cabinet is consistently spelled "draw"; words are omitted, 'their' becomes 'there', apostrophes appear where they shouldn't and so on and so on.

The story is suitable for children too - but I would never let a child of mine near the book for fear that they would pick up and adopt some of the errors.

If the author could only get the text properly proof-read in a new edition, he'd get 5 stars from me. But he would first need to establish whether the Afterword should really be entitled "Prologue" or whether it actually is an Epilogue!
on 7 January 2013
This timeless tale is such delight for the spirit,it`s left my soaring high fulfiled with wonder.Magical and beautiful story of quest really inspiring for my path and balm for my heart.A delicious feast for the imagination, took me into the world of Eastern mysticism.Amazingly telling the ones relation of courage to face it`s own fate and the leap of faith to reach the core of fulfillment of open heart.Now I am reading again with my kids and they love it too.Simply wonderful.
on 21 December 2012
I loved this tale, of course it has more than one level, on the pure story telling it took me to the streets of the middle east to the arabian tales of old, i was there even though reading it on my mobile phone app... timeless.
and a timely reminder of what really matters in life...
I also think this would be a really good short story to read as a bed time story to youngsters too.
on 7 January 2013
As the title promises, Sufi whirls us through bustling market places, ancient customs and forgotten secrets. A significant piece of writing, with beautifully woven segments, each paragraph a delicate gem moving ever forwards towards its goal. Mystical tales and divine poetry thread together to form a guidebook for the new spiritual era.
on 23 January 2013
This book will delight all those who love Rumi and who enjoy being immersed in a poetic story that keeps the reader turning the pages until the end. The author draws you into a journey across beautiful Eastern lands engaging all of the senses. His enchanting characters are engaging and insightful and his evocative words stir the heart in its longing for union and connection with the Beloved.

This story is also suitable for reading with older children and I would highly recommend it for anyone wishing to introduce their child to Sufi wisdom and the language and experience of divine love. If you want to share it though, be prepared to buy more copies as it is not a book you will want to part with!
on 23 April 2014
I've given up reading at just 20%. This is the first time I've given up on a book in years but I can't read something that clearly wasn't even error-checked in Word. This book needs a lot of work. I also feel I'm being spoken to as if I'm an idiot. Not impressed.
on 7 January 2013
A wonderful, enlightening read. Really makes you think and examine the way we peceive the world, and the things are are of importance to us. Written with much joy, compassion, sensitivity and understanding. Thank you.
on 23 December 2012
The book is written with sensitivity, passion and true feeling, the author has totally connected with his story and belief of the connective consciousness of the universe .
on 10 June 2013
A great read. I couldn't put it down. Would definitely recommend giving if a go especially if you are in to non duality
on 24 January 2013
Lovely short story full of wisdom that reminds me Herman Hesse' s Siddhartha and Voltaire' s Candide. The search for truth of the young hero and his adventures in the outside world that translate in a inward spiritual journey. The Sufi wisdom shines throughout the book that includes also a couple of beautiful pieces of poetry.