on 31 March 2014
This is my second baby, I breast fed my first son until he was 7months old and used a manual pump to express if I wanted to go out etc. I hated the manual pump, it was slow, uncomfortable and tiring to use. So when I found out I was pregnant again I started to research electric pumps. After looking at various pumps and reviews, I limited the choice between the Medula swing Pump and the Avent comfort pump.
As I already have Avent bottles I decided to get the Avent pump. I must admit I was a little scared to use it at first, and I did feel a bit like I was a cow being milked, but I'm so pleased that I invested in this pump because of the following;
It's easy to assemble.
Easy to clean
Really simple to use.
More importantly, really comfortable to use. I expressed 2oz in 10minutes on my first attempt at using it, and I found it great for improving the milk supply in one of my breasts. Not scary at all.
Fits into our Avent microwave steriliser.
The length of both electrical cable and tubing is amble to plug into a socket and be able to express comfortably.
The pump unit can be fitted with batteries if required, although I have never needed to use them so I couldn't comment on how long the battery life is.

The only negative point that I could find for this pump is that it is a bit noisy, but this really wouldn't put me off buying it. The sound it makes doesn't disturb our daughter at all while she is sleeping.
I'd recommend this pump, and if you want to express, it's well worth investing in an electrical pump over a manual pump.

I'd just like to add that with this pump I also used the Philips AVENT SCF612/10 VIA Breast Milk Storage Cups. They are brilliant. They come with a little attachment that comes with the pots that can be screwed onto the beast pump. This means that you can express milk directly into the pot, and then attach a teat straight onto this pot and feed your baby without the need of transferring the milk into a bottle. This reduces the risk of cross contamination etc. I've also reviewed these storage pots if you're interested in having a look. They made my life easier and are brill. Hope that helps.
on 1 February 2014
This machine is just amazing. My partner was having problems extracting the milk, in 10 minutes with this machine she managed to get more than 100 ml.

Highly recommended
on 4 November 2015
We really love this very convenient and portable breast pump. My wife really likes it as it works really well for her. we have been using this for more than a month now and it has really helped us. A really great product.
on 22 November 2015
Really good product. Better and more comfortable than previous version. Easy to clean which is a huge bonus and very comfortable to use. I would happily recommend to anyone.
on 19 February 2016
My son was born with feeding difficulties, so we fed him from day 1 with NG tube.
However he was not accepting any formula milk so breast milk was as gold.
Used the hospital breast pumping machines at first and then bought this one.
today my precious son is 3 months old and I still successfully feed him with only breast milk.
He has never been attached to my breast as he is not able to suck at all.
I express every day around 800 ml= 30 oz.
I have to admit that initially I thought that the pump is too weak.
however you need to wait 2-3 min until all the milk start coming, even if your breast is full, still give it little bit of time. it is more gentle than other pumps I have used. Maybe that's the reason.
However as I used the pumps in neo natal unit in hospitals the amount of milk I got from both pump is the same.
on 18 August 2014
Great pump, 10 mins on each side gave 3-4oz of milk which is what most newborns take. Very comfortable and easy to use.
on 12 April 2016
Comfortable and efficient, although not as speedy at getting milk off as the hospital grade pumps (but far more comfortable, I found). It is rather loud (and makes an unfortunate "mooing" type noise which the other half found hilarious) and so is fairly indiscreet, so it was never used in public. However, there is an option for it to run off batteries so would be fairly mobile if this was required.
I regretted not buying a double pump as it saves a lot of time if you are going to be a regular "expresser" for any period of time, so if finances allow, I would opt for the double pump equivalent of this product.
on 27 April 2016
My experience with the Avent product for 28 days was fine. I was very happy to buy this one because all of our bottles are Avent and they would fit with the breast pump. Suddenly, the motor stopped working and the power button start to flash only. I'm very lucky that it stopped working 1 day before the 30days warranty period given from amazon. Otherwise It would be such a hassle to get in touch with Philips.
on 16 January 2016
This is my first electric breast pump and I am very happy with it. Having had a manual breast pump before I would say this is the easiest way to pump milk out. It is noisey and it does take time to get used to the functions but it's not bad at all. It also takes batteries so when you are out and about its easy to pump away. I purchased the avent
on 14 March 2016
Excellent product. My wife use it 4 times a day and it is very comfortable and quick.