5.0 out of 5 stars I love this pump. Comfortable and effective to use.
Published 13 months ago by Becksl

Having previously owned and used the Avent iq electric pump for my two boys, and reading the numerous reviews, I bought this item feeling somewhat reassured of both build quality and performance.
However, I was sadly disappointed and after one week of use returned this item.

Pros:
Cost: bought on offer so cheap at £65 compared to others...
Published 21 days ago by mim

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this pump. Comfortable and effective to use., 31 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Philips AVENT Comfort Single Electric Breast Pump - UK 3pin Plug (Baby Product)
This is my second baby, I breast fed my first son until he was 7months old and used a manual pump to express if I wanted to go out etc. I hated the manual pump, it was slow, uncomfortable and tiring to use. So when I found out I was pregnant again I started to research electric pumps. After looking at various pumps and reviews, I limited the choice between the Medula swing Pump and the Avent comfort pump.
As I already have Avent bottles I decided to get the Avent pump. I must admit I was a little scared to use it at first, and I did feel a bit like I was a cow being milked, but I'm so pleased that I invested in this pump because of the following;
It's easy to assemble.
Easy to clean
Really simple to use.
More importantly, really comfortable to use. I expressed 2oz in 10minutes on my first attempt at using it, and I found it great for improving the milk supply in one of my breasts. Not scary at all.
Fits into our Avent microwave steriliser.
The length of both electrical cable and tubing is amble to plug into a socket and be able to express comfortably.
The pump unit can be fitted with batteries if required, although I have never needed to use them so I couldn't comment on how long the battery life is.

The only negative point that I could find for this pump is that it is a bit noisy, but this really wouldn't put me off buying it. The sound it makes doesn't disturb our daughter at all while she is sleeping.
I'd recommend this pump, and if you want to express, it's well worth investing in an electrical pump over a manual pump.

I'd just like to add that with this pump I also used the Philips AVENT SCF612/10 VIA Breast Milk Storage Cups. They are brilliant. They come with a little attachment that comes with the pots that can be screwed onto the beast pump. This means that you can express milk directly into the pot, and then attach a teat straight onto this pot and feed your baby without the need of transferring the milk into a bottle. This reduces the risk of cross contamination etc. I've also reviewed these storage pots if you're interested in having a look. They made my life easier and are brill. Hope that helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars I was sadly disappointed and after one week of use returned this item, 4 April 2015
However, I was sadly disappointed and after one week of use returned this item.

Pros:
Cost: bought on offer so cheap at £65 compared to others.
Delivery: arrived really quickly for a free delivery item.

Cons:
Assembly: The instructions are clear and easy to follow and the item is straightforward to put together; it is nonetheless, three components. The plastic bottle element, the motor and a plastic tubing which connects the two and enables the suction. In my opinion, it is unnecessarily complicated and despite only using it for letdown at night to aid a jaundiced sleepy newborn, I managed to pull out the tubing on several occasions. The tubing is long but just not long enough to provide comfort and the convenience it is ultimately bought for.

Performance: the letdown function does the job but there are only three pump speeds and found these to be too weak or two strong. The motor started clicking after about 5 days of light use and the suction was really poor. It is not a quiet unit to begin with and this clicking sound made matters worse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product - would recommend, 24 April 2015
This pump is excellent. My baby was sleepy and struggled to feed effectively so I was asked me to express after each feed and supplement her intake with expressed milk. This means that I have used this pump at least eight times a day for the last three weeks. This is my first child so I was quite apprehensive about expressing, but the pump is comfortable and very easy to use. It is simple to assemble, clean and sterilise and I find it very effective. I can comfortably express significant volumes using the pump and despite using it on the highest suction setting I have no pain or difficulty either during or after use. The only criticism I have is that it is quite noisy, but it doesn't disturb my baby so this isn't really an issue for me. I would recommend this pump for anyone who needs to express regularly, as it bears up well with regular use and is very quick and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 1 Feb. 2014
This machine is just amazing. My partner was having problems extracting the milk, in 10 minutes with this machine she managed to get more than 100 ml.

Highly recommended

1.0 out of 5 stars This is by far the worst item I have ever purchased from Amazon, 2 April 2015
This is by far the worst item I have ever purchased from Amazon. I was desperate to get more milk out for my 7 week old baby and after reading the reviews went ahead and bought it. I actually got more milk out hand expressing than I did with this machine. The strongest suction on this was the equivalent to the weakest suction on mother cares own brand pump which I had used previously. I have used this product for 45 minutes and I will never use it again, it was a total waste of time. I pumped less than 1 ounce in total when I had plenty of milk in my Breast. Not happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars reading the goods reviews we invested in this one and it really is very good. The suction is excellent and so the breast ..., 26 Mar. 2015
We ordered this, since the Philips hand pump really had little suction and pumping was an impossible task. However, reading the goods reviews we invested in this one and it really is very good. The suction is excellent and so the breast milk flows freely. It's also very easy to adjust the timing of the pumps with the buttons on the pump unit, in order to get longer or shorter pumps, and the fact that it's electric means my partner can simply sit there and relax.

The pump unit does make some sound, but it's really not bad at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Motor has failed on two of these pumps!, 3 April 2015
I have had two of these pumps and with both the motors have failed after a using a couple of times! When it was working, the pump was great and I've managed to express a decent amount of milk, comparable to what I got from a hospital grade pump. Very disappointing that I've had to return the pump twice due to malfunction, as the reviews I read before purchase were very positive. I won't be exchanging for another one of these! As others have said, it is quite a noisy pump, but I didn't have a problem with this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pump, 10 mins on each side gave 3-4oz ..., 18 Aug. 2014
Great pump, 10 mins on each side gave 3-4oz of milk which is what most newborns take. Very comfortable and easy to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!!, 24 April 2015
OA (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The first day I used this pump I was impressed with the suction. It seemed better than my Madela Swing, but a couple of days later it started losing suction. I was getting better results with my manual pump than the Philips ADVENT. For something this pricey you don't expect it to stop working so soon!! Had to return and go back to using my manual Lanisoh, which is a fraction of the price and does a better job!

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't find the noise level too bad and it doesn't disturb baby if she's asleep, 10 April 2015
Brought this because I found a manual pump was taking ages and making me sore. I don't find the noise level too bad and it doesn't disturb baby if she's asleep. I would recommend this product because its very easy to use, ive had no soreness and I know I make a lot of milk and this lets me express 4oz (125ml) at a time in 10 to 20 mins depending when I use it.