5.0 out of 5 stars I love this pump. Comfortable and effective to use.
Published 9 months ago by Becksl

2.0 out of 5 stars I successfully breastfed for nearly a year so it can't be that I wasn't producing enough milk so I was bitterly disappointed.
I don't know whether it was just by body but I found the milk flowed extremely slowly! It estimates you can pump 3/4 oz in about 10 mins. After over 20 mins I could only manage about 2 oz using this pump! I successfully breastfed for nearly a year so it can't be that I wasn't producing enough milk so I was bitterly disappointed.
Published 4 months ago by Kathryn Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this pump. Comfortable and effective to use., 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Philips AVENT Comfort Single Electric Breast Pump - UK 3pin Plug (Baby Product)
This is my second baby, I breast fed my first son until he was 7months old and used a manual pump to express if I wanted to go out etc. I hated the manual pump, it was slow, uncomfortable and tiring to use. So when I found out I was pregnant again I started to research electric pumps. After looking at various pumps and reviews, I limited the choice between the Medula swing Pump and the Avent comfort pump.
As I already have Avent bottles I decided to get the Avent pump. I must admit I was a little scared to use it at first, and I did feel a bit like I was a cow being milked, but I'm so pleased that I invested in this pump because of the following;
It's easy to assemble.
Easy to clean
Really simple to use.
More importantly, really comfortable to use. I expressed 2oz in 10minutes on my first attempt at using it, and I found it great for improving the milk supply in one of my breasts. Not scary at all.
Fits into our Avent microwave steriliser.
The length of both electrical cable and tubing is amble to plug into a socket and be able to express comfortably.
The pump unit can be fitted with batteries if required, although I have never needed to use them so I couldn't comment on how long the battery life is.

The only negative point that I could find for this pump is that it is a bit noisy, but this really wouldn't put me off buying it. The sound it makes doesn't disturb our daughter at all while she is sleeping.
I'd recommend this pump, and if you want to express, it's well worth investing in an electrical pump over a manual pump.

I'd just like to add that with this pump I also used the Philips AVENT SCF612/10 VIA Breast Milk Storage Cups. They are brilliant. They come with a little attachment that comes with the pots that can be screwed onto the beast pump. This means that you can express milk directly into the pot, and then attach a teat straight onto this pot and feed your baby without the need of transferring the milk into a bottle. This reduces the risk of cross contamination etc. I've also reviewed these storage pots if you're interested in having a look. They made my life easier and are brill. Hope that helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric Breast Pump, 4 April 2013
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have previously managed to test another well known brand of breast pump and so can hopefully fairly compare the two and give my personal thoughts on the Philips and how it 'stands' against the other model. I must say that I am quite impressed with the Philips although if I must be truly honest I think I would plump the extra money and purchase the other pump not unlike the other reviewer Sweetlilac who I think reviewed the same pump as me. For the price I actually think that the Philips isn't too bad and especially if you are going to buy this as a sort of investment to use with further children down the line. What I really do like about the Philips is that you don't have to bend to express, as the pump has been cleverly designed to allow you to stay upright whilst expressing. For anyone who has expressed and had to bend to do so then I am sure you will appreciate how this can really make your back ache. The pump features 3 pump settings so that you can find the speed that suits you and the massage cushion is really nice and soft. The pump fits directly onto an Avent bottle which obviously you can then store your milk in this bottle if it is going to be used within 48 hours or alternatively transfer your milk into a sterile freeze bag for use later. The pump is reasonably easy to put together and to disassemble for cleaning and the more that I did this, the easier and quicker I found that it became. The pump requires 4 x AAA batteries and has a two year guarantee. So overall a really good pump and if you are using Avent bottles alongside breast feeding then this should definitely be a front runner. Unfortunately I had already managed to test the 'Lamborghini of breast pumps' and so was spoilt prior to testing this pump and ultimately would have to choose the other pump I have tested but the Philips is truly a really good pump and just a pity for me that I had used the other.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pump, 10 mins on each side gave 3-4oz ..., 18 Aug 2014
Great pump, 10 mins on each side gave 3-4oz of milk which is what most newborns take. Very comfortable and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, no leaning forward, 24 Sep 2014
Excellent syste. I had a tommee tippee originally but the flange was too big so was pulling on my areola. The flange on this is not only smaller but the cushions make expressing more comfortable.
This system also means you can express in an upright position so no leaning forward unlike with other systems available on the market.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 24 April 2014
A bit noisy but doesn't wake my baby up. It does the job really. And amazon had it at a price I couldnt resist

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 April 2014
It works great, very easy to use and to carry around. Also easy to clean. I really like this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Pump, 12 Feb 2014
Good quality and good pump action. Very easy to take apart and clean. Much better than the Tommee Tippee electric pump.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 1 Feb 2014
This machine is just amazing. My partner was having problems extracting the milk, in 10 minutes with this machine she managed to get more than 100 ml.

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic pump, 26 Aug 2014
This is a fantastic pump. As a first time mum I am finding this very simple to use with different pump actions so you can choose which one suits you best. I use this daily and it takes no time at all. Easily comes apart for sterilising. I would recommend this pump to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice pump!, 26 Dec 2014
Nice pump. Easy to use. Comfortable. Pumped for as long as I wanted/could feed my son breast milk. Used for all feeds as son didn't latch. Only gripe it that the pump could be a bit stronger. One higher strength setting would have been lovely.