4.0 out of 5 stars Fast 7200rpm 2.5" external hard drive
This external drive uses the same laptop 2.5" hard disc that are sold on their own, being a 7200rpm performance is above the normal slower 5400rpm normal drives.

Published 3 months ago by Mr Baz

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast but not very mobile
After using this drive for more than two weeks I must say that speed is only good factor of this device. It is USB3 and I'm using it as my main hard disk, performance is really good and I can't say anything wrong about it.

Published 4 months ago by Nulla i Staszek

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast 7200rpm 2.5" external hard drive, 24 May 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: HGST 0S03560 1TB 2.5 inch Touro Mobile Pro External Hard Drive (Accessory)

For data storage this proabably doesn't matter as much as both are fast enough for this purpose. Note the "pro" version is the faster 7200rpm, and the non pro (slightly cheaper) is the standard speed drive. Note the "pro" version has a 2 year warranty v 1 year for the non pro
Best pefrormance for read/write times are roughly 120MB/s, and smaller files sizes are on a par with the direct SATA drives, ie faster than other 2.5" drives (which are around 100MB/s a tad more on a few I tested)

You won't have any issues either on Windows or Mac OS, works fine on both. It dose come with backup software and cloud storage, but I never use this (usually just drag and drop files as required)

Being USB 3.0 means there isn't going to be any bottleneck on this drive and it's fully backwards compatible with USB 2.0
I have a few of these and have not had any issues to date, they are a little more expensive v some of the cheaper drives out there (but not much more), the faster speed makes up for that in my view.

A strong buy and I personally have had better luck with Hitachi reliablity wise than some other makers

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast but not very mobile, 19 April 2014

Biggest issue of this drive is mobility, there are two factors which are making it not good: It is constant spinning when laptop is OFF or suspended, draining battery very quickly. Other problem is connector which is really bad. Included USB cable is not holding very tight and it is easy to get disk disconnected by mistake.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product., 7 Mar 2014
William Dodd "AM Dodd" (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
I do HD video media so this fair priced 7200rpm USB 3.0 HDD is perfect for what I need to store all of my video files and edits.

My one problem with the product is that its USB lead is short, the hard drive can be placed on top of the PC's tower, that's about as far as it's going to go.

Overall great HDD though and you can't argue with the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy, 7 May 2014
Very happy with the purchase. It works as my storage drive. Connected to my Intel 530 SSD allows fast access and decent transfer rates. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 14 Feb 2014
Javier Garza - See all my reviews
Perfect, nice, fast
Working with laptop macbook air as timemachine.
Getting more than 100Mbps transfer speed.
I managed to run virtual machines from it

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this HGST HDD, 9 Feb 2014
I first bought an internal 2.5 HDD from HGST, also with 1TB and 7200RPM. Then I bought this external one and now I bought a second external. Very happy with all 3! All are working fast and without problems!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and compact for Windows & Mac, 10 Jan 2014
I chose this after checking performance reviews and it lives up to it's promise.
I used it to migrate everything from a Windows PC to my new Mac where it's now formatted as a 'TimeMachine' backup device and performs fast and flawlessly.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 23 Dec 2013
just what i wanted,could'nt be happier.it does everything it says it does and more.i would recomend this item to any of my friends.i eventually got what i wanted

5.0 out of 5 stars GoooooD, 19 Dec 2013
buy it, cheaper than buying 1TB, S-ATA 3, 2.5 H.D.D. with 7200 rpm, plus good quality ( if you open it you loose the warranty :).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice HDD, 28 Oct 2013
I bought this in Amazon because prices of HDD in Portugal are very expensive comparing, the performance is very good and I don't have USB3, in some older USB connections the speed isn't the best, I've used a lot of this disks to know that some controllers work better than others.

I like this 1TB disk a lot! So far no problems... so... Great!! Thanks!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›