5.0 out of 5 stars YA for all ages
I'm not typically a YA reader, but I thoroughly enjoyed Spades! I'm the first to admit I'll try a book if it's free and I did get it during the free period on Amazon. I also think if a writer is putting a book out there for free we owe it to the author to leave a review especially if the book was enjoyable. So here is my review of Spades.

There was nothing...
Published 16 months ago by Book Maven

3.0 out of 5 stars What a sudden ending
I was really fascinated and couldn't put it down, but really disappointed at the ending which didn't seem to be one
Published 20 months ago by Diane S Gittins

5.0 out of 5 stars YA for all ages, 23 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Spades (Kindle Edition)

There was nothing juvenile about the characters which is what normally turns me off to books in this age range. By juvenile I mean that weren't silly or stupid. They were smart, but still vulnerable. I related to these characters because they were the sort of young people that I knew when I was a young person. The author created a beautiful balance which is what people in this age range need to find. The one critique I have about a lot of YA books is that the authors don't remember what it was like to be that age. Either Evans is still very young, or she has a good feel for being that age. The characters were by no means adults in youthful bodies, nor were they children in adult bodies.

The story was engaging and I'm looking forward to the follow up (I'm guessing there is a follow up?).

5.0 out of 5 stars Exhilarating YA fiction, 30 July 2013
Author, Kristy Evans, builds a strong setting and detailed plot. Each characters is created with depth and is thoroughly believable. I totally devoured this book.

‘Spades’ is a powerful story with dark undertones of suicide and crime of love beyond boundaries. This is the tale of Calise, 17 years old, and Chris, 27 years old.

Evans has written a fast paced, exciting book that will have you reading to the last cliffhanger moment, and leave you wanting more.

3.0 out of 5 stars What a sudden ending, 31 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 10 May 2013
Excellent reading. Great story its certainly been one where i cant put it down..Now off to buy book 3 :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Spades was great!, 24 Mar. 2013
What can I say a about spades? Well at first I was a bit unsure because it was quite different from what I've read before. After getting about 15% through I was completely hooked when you get to the end there is a great cliffhanger and it makes you want to read more. I am definitely going to read the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pacy, exciting, and a hint of mystery, 10 Feb. 2013
This is the first of two novels, but definitely stands on it's own as a great read.

Follow as the characters go through a journey through heights and depths of the human condition.

Spades