‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous fish and chip van!, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: Sylvanian Families Fish and Chips Van (Toy)
I am a ten year old girl who has received the Sylvanian fish and chips van! It was not what I expected but better!
It came with everything a fish and chip shop needs,very very good!!!
I would recommend this to everyone who loves Sylvanians.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Sylvanian Families Fish and Chips Van (Toy)
This, together with the extra figures has provided a great deal of imaginitive play. It integrates well with the rest of the Sylvanians.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sylvanian Families Fish and Chips Van (Toy)
Bought as a present for my Grand daughter (8) back in August she loves it and enjoys all the fiddly bits and detail to add to her collection. A smashing present for Sylvanian addicts. Price was reasonable and quick delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toy, excellent value!, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Sylvanian Families Fish and Chips Van (Toy)
Another fantastic Sylanian product. Very impressed with the value for money, with so many small accessories included, as well as the van itself. The possibilities for imagination / playing are endless!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant item, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Sylvanian Families Fish and Chips Van (Toy)
I received this item in good time, and in good condition, not to mention that it was well packed and arrived in the time span allocated by Amazon. I found that the designated locker system to be a great way of getting my item and was well impressed when informed that the item was actually delivered to the locker and I was informed of this by EMail. All in all, I was not only impressed with the Sylvanian Chip Shop, but also with Amazon and it's delivery system. Thank you all for the communication and completion of this transaction. Yours sincerely Barry

5.0 out of 5 stars Hello, Mr Chips!, 15 May 2014
Hal Marshall "I Write Books!" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sylvanian Families Fish and Chips Van (Toy)
It's not often I encounter a toy that makes me wish that my body was as youthful as my mental age. In the case of the, quite superb, Sylvanian Families Fish and Chips Van though, that might just have provided some semblance of justification for the fact that I shoved the intended recipients of it clear into the sidings in my determination to experience a second childhood right then, and right there.

Those recipients were a 6 year old and her 9 year old sister, by the way. And it was the six year old's birthday as well. God, I feel so ashamed. Especially since I even went so far as to give it large with a few 'brrm, brrms' while helping Finley Osborne to manoeuvre his van out of my two young (former) friends' reach... .

This is simply brilliant for inspiring some really worthwhile creative play. And I am reliably informed that, after I was invited to leave the premises by their somewhat irate mother, my two little relatives were completely inspired by it too.

It is beautifully made and comes with everything but a jar of pickled eggs. The 8cm high Mr Osborne is very cute indeed and, what's more, he has a brilliant business brain. Not content with simply flogging his wares from his van and then hotfooting it to his next location, Mr Osborne comes fully equipped with a table and two chairs that can all be unfolded for the comfort and convenience of his customers, at the drop of a Sylvanian hat.

His van is reassuringly heavy (and 'Made in Japan', apparently). I'm not quite sure why one whole side of it is missing but, if I ran any kind of mobile chip shop, I would probably need to come up with a similar arrangement in order to get myself in and out of the thing. I'd probably need a few firemen and one of these winches that they use to move elephants around as well. Finley Osborne looks remarkably svelte actually, given the myriad temptations he is surrounded by. He obviously has a tremendous amount of chip-related willpower.

There are a fair few sticky labels that need to be applied to the van and its contents, but these are all number-coded, their destinies very clearly detailed in a series of diagrams on the lid of the box. Some of them are a bit fiddly, but you can always get someone with smaller fingers (oh, say... a six year old and a nine year old) to take care of all that for you while you get Finley Osborne to show you how he gets his chips so crispy.

No? Oh well, that must just be me then.

The food items and assorted accoutrements have been very well designed. Crinkle cut chips, trays, mushy peas, ketchup, vinegar... you can almost smell it all! The two bits of fish look suspiciously 'fish-shaped' to me though, suggesting that Finley Osborne, far from having a supplier snapping up the catch of the day at Billingsgate Market, may have been buying his stock in the kids' meal department at the Sylvanian Cash and Carry. Still, he has found a way to get around Health and Safety rules by wrapping his nosh up in newspaper, so fair play to him.

Speaking as an adult (well, in body at least), this is a fabulous toy in its own right - never mind what it brings to the community of Sylvania.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chippie Van, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sylvanian Families Fish and Chips Van (Toy)
Again another excellent product from Flair, you do get the vendor with the vehicle also comes with the table and chairs and accessories like the food. Usually I find with Sylvanian families toys is that you get the basic toy and with some vehicles and buildings this is the case but not here to my daughters delight.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sylvanian Families Fish and Chips Van (Toy)
Daughter loves this plays with it all the time doesn't use the sylvanian figures though but the playmobil people love the chips

4.0 out of 5 stars Xmas Present, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sylvanian Families Fish and Chips Van (Toy)
Cant review it completely because it was bought for my granddaughter for xmas but I was impressed with what I saw when I checked the contents. Also I found that the price was very good in comparison to elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Frying tonight, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sylvanian Families Fish and Chips Van (Toy)
Yet another sylvanian toy to go with my granddaughters collection,once again great play value and well constructed.my wife loves these toys I think she,s envious of our grandaughter.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›