5.0 out of 5 stars Proud to be me!!!!
Really good, and very inspiring.
A feel good book that made me feel good about who I am, an I'm 15, so that's not easy to do.
It made me feel proud to be who I am, and to stand up for myself in the future, as you never know what might become of the situation!!!!!!
Published 22 months ago by B

2.0 out of 5 stars Vapid!
How do you go from being dumped to starting a campaign to have the right to remain a virgin until you get married?

Start a moral crusade?

Published on 12 Feb. 2013 by Saunders

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Vapid!, 12 Feb. 2013

Start a moral crusade?

After what happened to her Mother Val decides to not to give up her virginity until marriage. Her Mother had lost hers at 16 and became pregnant with Val after a one night stand and didn't remember who the father was.

We begin her story when her boyfriend of 3 months wants to take the relationship one step further - yep the S word. Val makes it clear to Zach that she doesn't want to end up like her birth Mother. Zach ends the relationship and the word is that Val is hopeless in bed. To make sure that everyone gets the record straight she stands up on a table, in the cafeteria and announces that the reason that she and Zack were no longer together was because she wouldn't sleep with him. "That's right she yells, I am a virgin and proud of it"

This story will not be to everyone's taste. It certainly was not mine. I didn't think it was romantic, original or entertaining and at time got completely on my nerves. I didn't like her characters, There are many aspects of this book that girls (and boys) may relate to but for me it was too clichéd.

What the book failed to mention is that it is also okay if people want to have sex. In fact Val who was supposed to respect people's choices had no problem insulting the people who actually wanted to have sex and when her best friend points out about her double standard the author does not deal with it or expand it any further.

What finally knocked it on the head for me was that the writer advocated in her book that because virgin Val stuck to her principles the number of teenage pregnancies in America had decreased by more than 12%. Really?

The book tried to deliver a moral "Gossip Girl" type story. It just didn't work for me and I certainly would not recommend it to teenagers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proud to be me!!!!, 4 July 2013
This review is from: V is for Virgin (V is for Virgin #1) (Kindle Edition)
Really good, and very inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars read this!!!!, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: V is for Virgin (V is for Virgin #1) (Kindle Edition)
I read a lot; one book a day on weekdays, around five or six every weekend. So much that I've pretty much read anything that could interest me, I'm settling for crap most of the time. From time to time though, I stumble upon an author I didnt know about, something rather surprisingly enjoyable.
V is for Virgin and A is for Abstinence are the best romance books I've read all year, well written, fascinating and yeah, a bit cheesy but the amazing writing carries it of. Just wow.

5.0 out of 5 stars ANONYMOUS, 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: V is for Virgin (V is for Virgin #1) (Kindle Edition)
I'll tell you one thing Kelly Oram I'm gonna tell you something I felt so emotionally touched by this book and it was so well written it played inside of my head like a movie and out of the trillions of books out there I can truly say this about only a handful of books this book was amazing and I'd be intrigued to know what inspired this story and advice for me to advance through my writing career but here is the thing that will shock you most of all I'm 8 yrs old

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 8 Nov. 2014
This review is from: V is for Virgin (V is for Virgin #1) (Kindle Edition)
Loved it..! So glad that valerie the main character is this book has principles and she sticks to them despite the everyday pressures young people face its a entertaining story lots of things going on and the main
characters are very witty and lots of drama going on looking forward to reading the next ome to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved it!, 10 July 2014
This review is from: V is for Virgin (V is for Virgin #1) (Kindle Edition)
I have to say that I absolutely loved this book. I got totally wrapped up in it and I couldn't put it down, I have to say it is definitely worth reading.
I will admit that a couple of times I cried a little bit.
Definitely a perfect story. I love how Val continues to stick up for what she believes in. It also has a perfect little ending that is soo sweet.
I totally recommend this book and I will be buying the follow-up book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 24 Jun. 2014
This review is from: V is for Virgin (V is for Virgin #1) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed both the characters and the plot. I thought Val was steadfast and and Kyle's character development was really spot on.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't read it again, 20 Jun. 2014
This review is from: V is for Virgin (V is for Virgin #1) (Kindle Edition)
It's one of those books that you read just for something to do, the whole storyline was just a bit unbelievable - not the virgin stuff - I just couldn't really understand why he liked her. All of her relationships seemed hollow, not just with him but with her friends and parents as well. While I'm all for having values it was annoying that she was always expecting everyone in her life to bend to hers but refused to give them anything in return, plus the ending was embarrassing.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!, 17 Jun. 2014
This review is from: V is for Virgin (V is for Virgin #1) (Kindle Edition)
this book could have easily been rubbish but as soon as i started reading it i saw it was going to be great!! Made me laugh, cry and gasp in equal measure!! also so realistic and you have to admire her courage! a must-read!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 31 May 2014
This review is from: V is for Virgin (V is for Virgin #1) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading this book and just WOW. It was and is an amazing book. I think WOW is the right was of describing this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›