‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!, 24 Jan. 2011
When my husband left out of the blue with no warning, I needed to find answers that he couldn't or wouldn't give me. I read lots of books but none of them helped. Then I stumbled across this book and once I read the review I sent for it straight away.

It didn't take me long to read it, I just couldn't put it down. At last, here was women who knew what I was feeling and going through, who suffered all the see saw of emotions, the sense of rejection and despair, of feeling unlovable, all the same ups and downs and crazy thoughts that was going round and round my head. For the first time in a year some things made sense, I wasn't alone, it hadn't just happened to me. It helped so much to learn what other people had gone through and how they coped and there are quite a lot of strategies for coping when you get a bad day. Absolutely brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not to be missed, 31 May 2011
I cannot recommend this book enough. For anyone who has been left by a partner and is struggling to understand why, this is the book to read. Unfortunately if you are reading this book it's probably too late for your relationship, but it really does offer a load of information as to what went wrong and why. It may not bring your partner back but it will keep you sane.

5.0 out of 5 stars the first book that made me feel I was doing ok and not failing, 10 April 2011
I wanted to recommend this book. This is the first review I have ever written. Like the other reviewers I had heard the platitudes of 'these things happen - move on etc' - not least from the ex of 27 years. Vikki Stark understands that we will do things we may regret later but at the time there was just no choice - we were simply getting through the day. If you've been left suddenly and are in shock - buy this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 30 Dec. 2012
This book helped me to become aware of the fact that only was I not alone in this, but that much of what I had been previously blaming myself for was not my fault! I am quite a way along the journey now and many of the stages I had gone through/dealt with, but there is some good advice like never believe and act on anything you think between midnight and 6am.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Runaway Husbands: The Abandoned Wife's Guide to Recovery and Renewal (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant book great guide when you are feeling at your lowest. Helps you realise you are not alone or going mad

5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver, 15 Mar. 2012
You think you are in a happy relationship, then suddenly he tells you he is leaving. Discussion not an option.
This book will help you keep a touch on reality in the dark months that follow and guide you through to the other side.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must., 6 Sept. 2011
This book is a must for any abandoned wife, you may see your husband in this book, I certainly did, it has helped me to understand what has happened to me and helped me realise it wasn't my fault. Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars book review, 27 Feb. 2013
i could not put this book down. it is very well written and offers some very good advice at a time in your life when you really need it. thank you to all those who contributed to it

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book, 13 Dec. 2013
miss d doherty (LA SELVA BEACH, CALIFORNIA, US) - See all my reviews
This is a comforting book for anyone who has been in this situation.A great diversion and some understanding of others predicaments too. Its helped a lot. The author is a nice lady who has been through a situation herself an is still available to speak to privately via email if you need it so you are not only buying the book but the support network too.I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you think every divorce is the same, think again, 1 Mar. 2010
Divorce is without doubt a crazy experience for many people.
But hardly anything hits you as bad as the out-of-the-blue rejection of what you thought is a good marriage. Not only do you feel your present is destroyed, you can not see a future and worst of all..your past is no longer what it seemed. Your life becomes a fog..your only coping strategy is breathing in, breathing out.
And then they are the people around you: "Ah well, divorce is bad. Happens to a lot of people, get over it"
This book puts it right. The author explains exactly how these women and men feel, how their life is destroyed, how they try to cope. Sometimes its very raw, at least to me because I have been there. The coping strategies are well thought out..I wish I had read the sentence: "Don't press the send button while in pyjamas" earlier and they are so true. But maybe because it is a unique book, not one person explains what is happing..but hundreds, through one voice. And all the stories are eerie similar, the feelings are similar, the trauma is the same. And in the collection of personal coping strategies you might find one which is right for you.
If your partner walks out on you out of the blue..read it. It helps you understand that you are not alone and there are people out there who understand you perfectly. It helps you survive and nudges you gently on the road to recovery. You need to walk on your own but you know now you have walking buddies
If your best friends partner walked out on her and you feel helpless in understanding her..read it and then buy a copy for her.
If you think all divorces are the same..read it and then judge again

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›