5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend 5 starts
This book is brilliant and recommend for any Lauren's fans or only way is Essex fans. In the book Lauren opens up to how her and mark relationship was and how being on the show added pressure to that and also about her weight. She also shares her fav party sound tracks with her and her beauty secrets. This is one great book I would highly recommend.
Published 11 days ago by rebecca greenwood

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful book
She was self obsessed on the show and she is self obsessed in the book.
Dreadfully written and really really boring.
Published 16 months ago by JJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Essex girl, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Secrets of an Essex Girl (Kindle Edition)
This book was more for someone who has an interest in beauty and fashion, full of lots of tips and ideas more than her actual story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it !!!, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Secrets of an Essex Girl (Kindle Edition)
I have always been a massive Lauren fan and couldn't wait to hear her side of the story. This book did not dissapoint at all and I couldn't put it down and loved her honest approach and the fact that it was coming from her. I didn't feel we were getting to see the real her on TOWIE and although I loved her and Mark as a couple and was routing for them I found it hard to watch such a lovely girl being hurt so much over and over again.

Very sad to hear the horrible comments people have made regarding her weight on the internet etc as I feel she has a lovely figure and does not deserve the abuse.

I really enjoyed the book and feel that she did the right thing in leaving TOWIE when she did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Secrets of an Essex girl, 28 Feb 2013
I have read a sample of the book, but what i have read so far looks like a good read. It seems Lauren got everything she wanted from her father. Her mother seemed to only see her at the weekends, but let her do what she wanted, and when she wanted..So going by the small amount that i read, it seems Lauren was spoilt..So when she grew up and was mucked about by Mark, she basically acted like he is an object that belongs to her, and nobody else!
So like any spoilt kid, she stamps her feet, throws a fit until she gets her favorite toy back!!
Mark does seem to be a player, so anybody else would see that and let him go.He tried to break away from her, but she was always two feet behind. So when he's new beau didn't work out, then she was always be there to take him back.
So, so far, what i have read, it does seem that she made herself that door mat to be walked over. She does seem to be a bit blinkered into believing that Mark did love her. He might have done at the beginning of their relationship, but what she has wrote here, it was definitely not love. She was hes safety net to catch him just in-case hes new girlfriend wasn't hes ideal match , or the new girlfriend was a pushover like her!
It seemed she believed every word he said. That obviously says it all really. She was blinded by the love for him, and couldn't see that he had fallen out of love with her and wanted her to be tucked up at home to play the "good old reliable safety net"
At the moment, so far, without reading the whole book, she comes across as a woman scorned, and still hasn't caught on to the fact that she put herself there. So no sympathy there from me, but as she say's in her own words that "I will change my opinion of her, by the time i have read her book"
I think i will wait until someone puts a cheap second hand one on Amazon for a couple of quid, and hope that my opinion does change and for the better!!

I have read this book now..Sorry but this book is all about how obsessed she is with herself and Mark. Her die hard fans who are on Twitter, who i assume are very young teenagers claim the book brought them to tears..I can't see what bit that can make them that upset, because all i read was how spoilt she was as a kid, and how much she is in love with herself and Mark!!
Boring read, but good if your in love with Lauren as much as she is with herself!!...My book that i bought is going straight to the charity shop,where it belongs. Waste of money!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Feb 2013
Loved this book, such an honest account of her upbringing,her life now and how alot of the public portray her, after reading this book I will defiantly look at Lauren as a genuine girl who made good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book, 16 Feb 2013
This book is a great read,u will learn alot more about lauren and her life.she is a sweet loveable girl.i could not put the book down.they are alot of insteresting parts in the book. i would recommed this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really real!, 21 Feb 2013
L. A. Chandler "LC" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secrets of an Essex Girl (Kindle Edition)
Lovely to read an honest account of someone's life. I always preferred Lauren to the others in TOWIE because you could tell she wasn't fake.

Good read, well done Lauren! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book!!, 21 Feb 2013
With being a huge TOWIE fan, I had to purchase this book!!

This book shows the true Lauren Goodger and her roller coaster life as a child, being with Mark Wright and life on TOWIE.

I have to say I have so much respect for Lauren Goodger after reading this book. She is such an inspirational woman! I would love to meet her one day!!

A really good inspirational book (I've read Sam Faiers and Chloe Sims' books too), a must read for any TOWIE/Lauren Goodger fan...I found it hard to put it down! I spent a full day reading it!! :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars If you leave your brain at the door, you'll enjoy this book if a fan, 20 Feb 2013
If you are a true fan of Towie (though going down hill recently) one of the autobiographies I felt would be worth reading would be Lauren Goodger. She is feisty, genuine but lacks confidence too. However, she doesn't appear as dumb as the others (Joey Essex...drop me out lol) and her business empire Lauren's Way is doing very well. It makes me laugh how she still beats on about her and Mark Wright (did you know she was with him for 10 years!! :) Time to get over it me thinks (though bagging a lookey likey boyfriend doesn't help!)

Its an ok read (mainly the relationship with Mark and battles with her weight) - I get the impression she is hard work and in constant need of love and attention. I could have done without the makeup and clothes tips....I was like what!!! - no thanks hun - this appeared to be padding and made me almost want to put the book down!) The writing is...well lets say its not gonna win any awards!

So If you looking for a book to read quickly (took me less then half a day) and where you can leave your brain at the door - this is it and worth buying IF buying at a lower retail price (which this was) and if a fan (which I am). If not stay clear...it won't change your opinion of her.

Anyway, this product arrived in quick time, was packaged well and best of all - 6 cheaper then it would sell for at retail price in all good book shops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast service!, 16 Feb 2013
This book is a gift for my girlfriend. I ordered it 26 hours ago, and it has just come in the post this morning, which is very fast.
I won't be reading this book, so I can't review that itself.
Well packaged, and very fast service.
Cheers