5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10 FROM ME AND THE LITTLE POTTY USER
Published 9 months ago by jacwatt

3.0 out of 5 stars Have a mop handy
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Have a mop handy, 19 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Babyway Deluxe Tot Pot/ Step Stool/ Padded Toilet Seat 3-in-1 (Baby Product)
My son is 2 and three quarters and has shown little interested in using his standard potty - I think this is in part due to it being so uncomfortable now that he is so big. This potty produced instant results - he had more wees on this potty in the first two days of having it than he had had on his other potty in total. It's sturdy with a good build quality and most of all it's comfortable for him and he loves using it. He also loves emptying it, flushing the loo, rinsing it out, putting it back together and washing his hands - he says that this is doing his jobs, which I think may be taking things a little far, but he's adamant that he wants to do it! Oh the stubborn independence of a toddler.

I initially said "We have had no leaks or spillages as yet and it is all very easy to clean." but i must now change this as now that my little guy is more independent and interested in using this potty, I realise it's not as good as it initially seemed and I am quite disapointed with it. Wee gets between the seat and its holder and goes over the top of the internal bucket onto the ledge that supports it, it then drips onto the floor. This doesn't happen every time, but not far off it. The curve of the rim of the bucket almost encourages this to happen. We've now got the potty sitting on the changing matt to preserve the carpet. At least everything comes appart so can be cleaned but I'm really annoyed that it happens. My son loves the potty still and is very comfy when using it. He's done so well with his potty training since having it, it's just such a shame that every time he uses it we have to take the whole thing appart to clean.

The seat fits on to our toilet fine, but my son prefers it on the potty. This may change as he gets used to it, it's nice to have the option.

1.0 out of 5 stars Believe it - It actually does leak., 4 Mar. 2014
G (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
You'd think a potty was a simple item; it is essentially a bucket. A bucket that really must not leak. This one does leak. Every time.
The stream diverter thing appears to be the root cause of it (and our) woes; liquid gets under the seat, and from there it drips all over - some goes in the bucket, some goes on the white part around the bucket, quite a bit ends up on the carpet.
It might work for girls, but whenever our lad uses it, it ends the same way.
It does make a handy stool and dispense toilet roll, but if you value 'water' tightness in a potty, get a one piece moulding - that's where we're looking now.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I hoped, 4 Aug. 2014
S. Woods (UK) - See all my reviews
I read the reviews and prepared myself for leaks..... these occassionally came, and I accepted the wiping up as it is good apart from that..... Unfortunately now it has started to really smell and I found a little hole on the underside of the padded seat to let air in and out (so it doesn't pop when LO sits down) - this has sucked up the leaking wee and cannot be cleaned properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10 FROM ME AND THE LITTLE POTTY USER, 14 Aug. 2014
I bought this for my daughter and it's perfect, very comfortable, she will sit there for ages and although only just started potty training I've had it in the living room for about the last six months so that she is aware it is there and it wasn't so scary when we started to sit her on it. We've had the padded seat off and on the big toilet which she also loves. Even better I got it when the price was dropped to under a £10 however the usual price is still well worth it in my opinion. I've had no issues with comfort or the sturdiness of the seat and I find the ones with the lids are much more hygienic especially when they start to go on their own and perhaps you haven't noticed right away and the fact that when their all trained it's a stepping stool for big toilet and using the sink. My first two were still using their step from their potty when they were 5 to brush their teeth so it's a long term worthwhile investment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Potty, 17 Mar. 2014
Sharp bits on lid with sometimes dig into back, detachable seat does not fit on big toilet! Leaks as well . Very disappointed in this potty

5.0 out of 5 stars Great height stool for 18mnth old, 2 Aug. 2013
My little one is not ready for toilet training but loves this. Seat is lovely and soft so he loves to sit on it and the stool is the perfect height for him to wash his hands (play) at the sink.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 29 July 2013
my daughter loves this potty and so do i. all aspects of it work perfectly. lovely soft seat for her delicate bottom!

2.0 out of 5 stars Toddler loves it but the design means a leaky mess every time, 12 Mar. 2013
This potty got full approval from my little guy, very stable and comfortable and easy to climb on and off with the help of the handles on the sides. Unfortunately because the splashguard at the front is a separate removable piece and the seat is separate from the pot I find that wee almost always ends up leaking under the seat and on the floor under the potty. It's so messy to clean up. I think the potty might work better for a girl.

1.0 out of 5 stars This looks like a great design, 23 Jan. 2015
This looks like a great design, but it fails on it's most important job; It leaks. Others have written the same, some suggesting it may be better for girls.... I can tell you it is NOT. lack of a raised lip around the bucket leaves room for urine to slip between it and the padded seat, so you have to clean the bucket, the seat, the base and the floor after it's used. Also padded seat moves around if it's used on the toilet, and the lid is too hard to open by a child on their own.
Your child will like it's comfy padded seat but you will have to spend a lot of time cleaning up after them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great potty. I like that there are are two ..., 19 April 2015
Great potty. I like that there are are two ways to use it. One downside is that when using it as a potty we had to fill the lid with a towel because the plastic bits that keep the lid secure to the base (for use as a stool) are really sharp!! My son can't lean back on them and once the lid came forward onto his back and left a nasty scratch. Unfortunate because the rest of the potty is nice. We just taped a towel in to the hollow of the lid to protect his back but then you can't close it... sigh!! No potty is perfect it seems!