on 4 July 2013
I previously tried to read another book on Karmic astrology and found it far too dense. 'Healing the Soul' offers deep insight into a method that is uncomplicated using language that is both accessible and compassionate. My personal experience during reading this book was that it precipitated a healing shift for me by bringing to consciousness past traumas. I am not a trained astrologer, but I read a lot of astrology books and I feel that this book would be useful to both the experienced astrologer who wishes to deepen their practice and the interested amateur who has a basic grasp of the main principles of astrology.

The potential for astrology to engage with therapeutic practice is also explored and the author never falls into a detached dry academic voice. The case studies explored come alive for the reader and a fundamental empathy for humanity with all its flaws together with a belief in the possibility for soul healing and development is at the heart of its message.
on 5 January 2013
Ever since Jeffrey Green unleashed EA on an unsuspecting astrological world and pushed the Pluto paradigm past existing boundaries, a space has existed that yearns to engage that original set of near mystic insight with a more worldy and grounded translation, a codex of useful meta-fertilisations and piercing applications. Since EA jumped the shark some years back, this space has yawned unmet - until now. Finally, here in Mark Jones's book, we have an authoratative astrological contextualisation of EA method and modality set in a flashing Indra's net of depth psychology, archetypalism and the leading edge of transpersonal psychotherapy. This is a book that goes the whole distance, from basement to penthouse, via technical mastery, fluent case studies, cultural-historical context and a willingness to push into truth-telling in the service of healing, individually and with an eye to the collective.

I recommend the book and the Kindle version unreservedly, to anyone serious about astrology, interested in the psyche, motivated by imagination or looking for a thrill of synchronous ideas. Highly readable. I look forward to a lot more from this author's pen - this feels unmistakeably like the start of something big.
on 21 May 2016
An insightful and profound exposition of the evolutionary impact Pluto, Uranus and the Moon's Nodes on the soul.

On a personal level, Mark's theories on Pluto in Virgo provided me with numerous breakthrough moments that have raised my consciousness about hidden motivations that have eluded me for years. This book is well named - soul wounds I've been working on for years suddenly made sense and I was left feeling a deep sense of acceptance and understanding.

This book touched me so deeply, I've ordered a hard copy as well as there are many sections I need to re-read and re-absorb.

Highly recommended.
on 19 September 2014
Highly recommended,very interesting and helpful for anybody! Well written for layman and astrologer- Thank you
on 5 February 2012
A brilliant book by Mark Jones, he fuses astrology and psychotherapy in a really fascinating way that has helped me to understand how the two work together, anyone interested in those subjects should certainly get this book!
on 15 December 2015
I came to this a complete sceptic. I was brought up with such strict notions about astrology, that I feared it. In facing the fear, in being open to change, I am changed. Thank you to the author for this gift.
on 2 March 2012
This book marries transpersonal psychotherapy with evolutionary astrology to effect a synthesis of the two. Purely on this basis anyone with the slightest interest in what it means to be alive at this point in time needs to read it posthaste, since no-one (to my knowledge, which is considerable) has attempted such a timely and audacious fusion prior to the author. As the paradigm of the new psychospirituality which we will all need to get hip to eventually if we want to live in a kinder, more meaningful and more beautiful world, the publication of this book represents a significant step forward toward utopia. It is groundbreaking.

If this wasn't enough to make you buy it, I might also point out that the author's prose style is elegant and clear, with beautifully-constructed sentences and flawless grammar. Not only does this help illumine the profoundly esoteric nature of the ideas under consideration but moves the whole piece closer toward being a work of art, which it is- art you can use in a very hands-on way to polish your consciousness until you can see your face in it.
on 19 April 2015
Excellent text book, purchased for my astrology club library and read by most members
Many Thanks