on 19 January 2015
Great sound. Poor construction. Sent the first one back as it had a huge crack down the back, got my second one only to find more cracks. If it weren't for the fantastic sound this product would have 5 stars. Kept the second one as the cracks weren't as bad as the first.
on 11 May 2016
brought this from a well known hifi chain and as an upgrade to my aging Yamaha turntable and having followed all the assembly instructions the deck is still not a patch on my old direct drive Yamaha , the deck its self is noisy against the silent operation of the Yamaha the sound quality is patchy depending on were the needle is the outer tracks sound great but the inner ones sound like the record has a layer of dust on it and these are brand new lps I have adjusted the anti skate , and the counterweight numerous times still to no avail also the deck it is smaller than most decks and placing the needle on the record is a faff as you have to lift it over the clip were the arm sits before you can move towards the lp so don't believe the hype from the hifi mags over this turntable as it not as good as they claim , but on the upside I have sourced a rega rp3 which is what I should have purchased in the first place , so spend the extra money and get a much better product
VINE VOICEon 4 July 2013
Having invested thousands of £s in hi-fi over the past 30 years I am now downsizing and storing my music on my computer and listening by way of the computer, a DAC, amp and speakers (and iPod when on my travels). What's this got to the do with the Pro-ject deck? Well, you still can't beat vinyl for the total music experience with its much higher level of interaction and possibilities of sonic enhancement as the different parts (some which can be changed) of the turn-table combine with vinyl and other components to make a (usually) lovely sound. I also still own a decent sized collection of records - all the records I couldn't bear to part with.

I had eventually upgraded to a Michell Orbe but it was at the time where I was increasingly busy and couldn't spend much time with it and I and my music companions were a bit scared when I did in case the expensive Michell and its expensive arm and cartridge were harmed in any way. I finally decided that I had to reconstitute my set-up. The CD player went first and then the Michell. In their place go the computer and the Pro-ject deck. The Pro-ject deck is a stunner. It looked like a toy beside the Michell and in its box it only weighs 7 Kilos but it packs enough wallop and zing to see the larger deck off. Of course the Michell is the better deck by a long chalk but when you think of the cost involved the Pro-ject comes out amazingly well. I played Ry Cooder's 'Bop Til You Drop' which I've owned on vinyl since its original release back in 1979 (it's actually an early digital recording). The silent parts were abolutely silent. No trace of any hum or electrical interference. Just inky silence. The dynamics of the music were excellent and 3D but perhaps more contained within the width between the two speakers than I've been used to but that's OK for the money. I have a Denon DL-304 here and I'm going to try that to see if it makes a difference. I also hear that the Ortofon Blue cartridge might be worth the upgrade from the Ortofon Red that comes with the deck (but don't get me wrong, the Red is a good cartridge). WoW! I wish I could have got one of these back in the old days! It is totally amazing for the price and if you look around you might even be able to pick it up for less than £500. Highly recommended.
99 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See one answered question