5.0 out of 5 stars A student's companion!
I bought this computer to help me during my university course.

Opening the packaging was so exciting! The box was really cool in design and as the actual computer came into view I had a childlike grin plastered across my face!

Published 18 months ago by DD Abraham

3.0 out of 5 stars iMAC27
Published 14 months ago by BillyBoy

5.0 out of 5 stars A student's companion!, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Apple 27-inch New iMac (Aluminium silver) - ( Intel Core i5 Quad-core 3.2GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 675M, OS X Mountain Lion) (Personal Computers)
I bought this computer to help me during my university course.

I'm not very confident with such high spec technology but my Apple Mac is fast, very responsive and easy to use. Downloading required programmes was easy. The screen is clear and of a good size to afford clarity.

Visually, this item is pleasing in its lines and takes up remarkably little space. It is quiet in use and I absolutely adore the mouse! I did think that the keyboard would be difficult to use after being used to a Dell standard sized board but I have been surprised by how easily I have adapted.

I am very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent machine, 20 April 2013
replacement for a former model which was also very good. Not sure if the new one is so much better that it warrants the cost involved however!

5.0 out of 5 stars iMac, 16 Mar. 2013
Why does this need a review? The only reason not to buy one is :-

A. You can't afford it.
B. You already have one.

Anyone happy with Mac OSX and the Apple working environment will love this and even those who just have to look at it won't mind as it is a piece of art. Worked straight out of the box and my productivity has improved significantly ever since as it has serious speeded up my workflow. (I also have x2 ASUS 27inch displays hooked up L and R so screen real estate and hi res graphics are probably the main reason for me, hiding windows behind windows is a thing of the past). Also is is absolutely quiet. The sound of me typing this is the loudest thing in the office. Nirvana.

I bought from amazon as my local Apple Store had sold out and online direct was 4-6weeks. If you go direct then you can adjust some of the options in the standard package but I was happy with the specs of the model I could afford. Amazon then came out the cheapest and quickest. (Mar12)

3.0 out of 5 stars iMAC27, 20 Jan. 2014
Having difficulty in accessing e-mail I went to Apple helpline and discovered in the conversation that this product is note as being sold last year in June I believe. This was a shock as it was not described as used in the sales description, merely that the packaging was damaged. To say that I am disgruntled is putting it mildly as I find that the 90 day support has been used up and should I require help I will have to pay £160 odd pounds for help. This is really disgraceful.

5.0 out of 5 stars iMac, 9 April 2013
Works perfectly straight out of the box, no instructions included and none needed. Everything is of extremely high quality. It is expensive, but worth it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 9 April 2013
This is an amazing computer, the graphics are unbelievable and everything is accessed superfast.

I would recommend this too anyone who is interested in creating films, powerpoints and wants a great gaming experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mac Daddy, 28 Nov. 2014
This is the machine I own. I spent a lot of time deliberating wether to buy it or not, eventually I did and I must say I have not regretted it, it's a dream! From the perfect screen size to the sound from built in speakers everything about this machine oozes quality, including the build and software. It is so easy to use, though I must admit it took a while for me to get used the the new operating system (my first mac, bar an iPhone).

After a couple of years now the machine has slowed down a bit, though the hard drive is over 3/4 full and I could do with cleaning up my files a bit, which does improve that. It has never given me a days trouble, there are no error messages, unlike my last dell PC which was a nightmare...

3.0 out of 5 stars Underwhelmed, 21 Aug. 2013
Peter (Wigan, Lancashire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'm a designer and have been a Mac user for over 20 years.

In brief...

iMac 27" i5 3.2GHz...
Good points; looks nice, quiet, size and resolution of display, 8GB RAM (32GB upgradability), 1TB drive (quiet), USB3, it's works straight out of the box.
Bad points; Display suffers from reflections and narrow viewing angle due to glass. Speakers are awful (my very old eMac is way better), ports and card reader are hidden away out of reach, no optical drive.

Keyboard and mouse; Way better than I ever expected (5 stars for these two items), although making them rechargeable via the iMac's USB port would be a nice touch.

Mac OS 10.8.4; Takes longer to start up compared to previous version, but pretty good overall. No migration from Mac OS 10.4 but you can work around that.

Software: Some annoying changes and downgrading to the software (iTune, Contacts etc).

Support: I was informed by Apple that I'd have to pay for tech support! That's not what it says on Amazon's product description or on the Apple website!

The glass display and the speakers spoil what could be a five start product.

I hope the above is of help with regards to buying an iMac or not.

Update: Another bad point - not really Apple's problem, but I now need to replace both my Canon Printer and Canon Scanner due to Canon not writing driver software for Mac OS 10.8. Also, have to use iPhoto to import photos from my camera as I can't find any Canon software (I can live with that though).

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple 27 inch iMac, 15 May 2013
Excellent computer. Much different to my last Microsoft computer and more reliable. Once I got the hang of things it was much easier to use. The screen is superb and makes a fantastic job of my photographs. Money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014