4.0 out of 5 stars Apple dysmorphic disorder...
In case you'd missed any of Apple's advertising for this year's range of iMacs, they're very thin. Apple go on (and on and on) about thinness like an anorexic teenager but surely the one aspect of your desktop computer you rarely see is the side, so who really cares? Will the next iMac have edges so thin that your fingertips get sliced off when you pick it up? Of course...
Published on 4 Jan. 2013 by techpuppy

1.0 out of 5 stars Insulted and frustrated by Apple and their new iMac
Am I the only Apple customer annoyed and insulted by Apple's decision (amongst other things) not to include a CD / DVD drive on the new iMac?

It is a desktop computer. What does it matter if it is thinner than the previous iMac? Who cares if it's "5mm thin"?

It is a classic example of form over function. So long as it is thinner than the stand it...
Published on 23 Jan. 2013 by Oli G

1.0 out of 5 stars I am furious with apple, 2 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Apple 21.5-inch New iMac (Aluminium silver) - (Intel Core i5 Quad-core 2.9GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, OS X Mountain Lion) (Personal Computers)
What made me write this bad review is the fact that from the moment I bought the iMac I suffer furthered costs (analysed further). What made me furious is that I bought an ibook from itunes for my studies, spending 45euros, and its use is restricted (forbidden) on my iMac, i.e I CANN'T read it. When I try to open in I get the massage "This book can’t be viewed using this computer. You can view this book using iBooks on your iOS device.". This means that you can read in only in another Apple device such as iphone, ipad or ipod. This is a blackmail and I will not succumb. I will never buy another Apple device again unless Apple shifts all those restrictions in usage that force you to invest more and more money in their products. Instead I prefer to spare those 45euros and buy a hard copy of the same book again. I want my 45euros BACK! I do not know how to claim a refund!

Shame on you Apple.
Due to problems with my Windows 8 (upgrade) platform, I made a favourable turn on you but you have betrayed my trust.
My next computer will be DEFINITELY a Windows PC.
As a iMac user I may enjoy all the benefits of a better designed User Interface and hardware (in my opinion the best out there) provided by OS X lion but I will not accept to be blackmailed in any way. Compared to windows 8 which I have, Mac platform is much more stable and reliable but iMac usage licence is limited in several aspects. Consider also the restrictions imposed on third party software. If I buy something then I consider that all the rights and benefits from its use are transferred to me within the limitations of the law (copy write etc) and not by Apple's marketing.

Be aware of the HIDDEN COSTS also!
Extra you will need:
- a USB 3.0 extension for around 50euros. Apple includes ONLY four 3.0 USBs that not suffice. My 3 years old PC has 8!
- a dvd or blu-ray driver for at least 50euros (non apple choice). I chose a blu-ray burner for 135euros.
- if you want a comprehensive help you will need a book for around 25euros.
- a touch pad for exploiting in full the benefits of gestures controls for around 55euros (I love it - this is a must).
- an extension for up to 3 years of the 1 year warranty for 120euros. Rediculous! Does Apple need those extra 120euros? Couldn't
just extent its warranty to 3 years?
- an external back up external hard disk for the time machine for 150euros
etc, etc, etc....

With Apple be prepared to pay regularly small patches of money for assembling the full functional package.
All these over and above the initial expenditure of 1400euro for the iMac.

Nevertheless, I have to admit that the QUALITY of the machine is SUPERP, no funs no noise, with a top edge screen quality, fast, BUT it doesn't justify for all the above.

I am sorry APPLE but after only 3 months, all the enthusiasm has passed away. I am never buying any Apple product again.
Closing I will repeat again that I want my 45euros back. Unfortunately though I lost them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Aug. 2014
Very good machine shame it did not come with a QWERTY keyboard

4.0 out of 5 stars Another quality Apple product, 15 Dec. 2013
As an Apple Mac user for over 10 years this is my 5th Apple Desktop or Laptop and once again I am not disappointed. Yes it is very frustrating that it doesn't come with an in-built optical drive, but other than that it's a great product.
The biggest difference is the screen - absolutely razor sharp and amazing clarity and contrast... as photographers it makes a massive difference to have a screen of this quality to view and edit our images. And it is so fast - I imagine it would slow done if I overloaded it with software and files like I have my other machines in the past, but in it's new and streamlined form it flies and speeds up the workflow. Would definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works straight from the box, 12 Sept. 2013
Very quick delivery - 2 days from placing order. Had been thinking for a while that the time had come to move to an Apple product as Windows based web browsing had become torturous with pages being re-directed and the frequency of pop up ads. Also the numerous updates which often required a reboot of the system only to find that settings had been altered. This, coupled with my desire to finally get down to transferring old camcorder movies to DVD, which would requires a fast reliable sysem convinced me that Apple might have the edge. My one reservation was that Apple, in their wisdom, have decided not to include an optical drive. This is a real downside to this machine, however having spent that much on a PC whats another £58 for a separate optical drive.

So far, not disappointed and its a breeze browsing the web without the need for antivirus software constantly running in the background and none of those irritations (so far) that plagued my Windows web browsing.

No system disks are included which was a little worrying at first but I understand that should it be necessary to reinstall the system at some future date, the installation files are held on the Hard Disk in a secure area which can easily be invoked. Not that I've tried that...... yet.

Easy to set up and looking good with the minimum of clutter, the iMac has some really good facilities such as assistance to transfer files from your old pc. Amazon also apparently register the product with Apple on the purchasers behalf

Overall I'm glad I took the plunge and would recommend the change.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Jan. 2015
Super

2.0 out of 5 stars Apple have lost the plot, 13 Feb. 2013
B. Searle "Brysea" (Abergavenny, Monmouthshire) - See all my reviews
This is a product made with slave labour in China and priced to make your eyes water. This usury on a grand scale. Apple has made it thinner .so what? So what means, you have to keep paying out for extras like CD/DVD drives...All Apple are doing is to make you pay pay pay....The new CO of Apple is not up to the job..Apple are a disgrace..They also hold hold $200, billion in the bank, but will not even pay their share holders a dividend. Get same results with Windows and save a fortune..Apple are taking people for granted as well as taking the piss. On the smaller screen Imac you can not even upgrade the memory!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Apple rip-off, 4 Sept. 2013
Apple Macs are good computers, but not THAT good. For the last few years now Apple have been ripping off the public with their advertising hype, and now this Apple Mac computer really is the last straw. The specs for this Apple machine are rubbish. If you don't believe me then just log-on to the Currys website and take a look at the Acer Aspire V3-772G 17.3" Champagne Gold Laptop for about £880.00 (with a £100 Cash-back offer on this computer, reducing its price to £780.00)then compare the specs of both machines. The Apple is a rip-off. People who buy Apple must have more money than sense. Apple are living off their name and former reputation.

[...]